old.tRoG

dead-cow.jpg

Hehe :)

J

Jonaldo

Everyone knows vegetarians are scum, even nice ones. They're just nice scum :p

O

old.tRoG

And trying to cook for the hardcore ones is a pain in the arse.

J

Jonaldo

Humans are omnivores, have been for god knows how many thousands of years. Not eating meat is just unnatural. Not eating any animal products is just cruel to humanity and plants.

O

old.job

The argument is purely moral, cattle etc are bred to be slaughtered, field animals are killed accidently.
The figures are guesswork as well, if you keep killing those small creatures in such large numbers they will soon learn to stay away, if only by enforced selection.

99.9% of all living creatures on this planet are killed, just about the only organisms to die of old age are humans and our zoo animals/pets.

We should move to growing meat in factory using genetic engineering, just pure protien no nervous system, thus guilt free for us.

If they showed a 2hr long program 1 night of animals getting slaughtered and butchered the whole country would go veggie overnight, McDonalds would have to barricade it's windows.

We'd soon forget though.

J

Jonaldo

I'd forget by the time the credits would've finished rolling.

Deciding between bacon, chicken or steak for dinner atm.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Don't change this into another heavy metal discussion thread :p

I wouldn't dare hijack a thread!
it's just that Tool made a song about the holocaust among carrots

O

old.Tohtori

Think of the cow.

Now if "god"(or any controlling being, like evolution) didn't make that animal into a food resource i don't what he/she/it did!

Just look at it!!

cow.jpg

It's just standing there waiting for a tiger, lion, human to come along and poke it with a stick. Since poking it with a stick is what's needed to kill one. Ofcourse tigers and lions don't use sticks but that's off the point.

Weak points:

No panic towards other beings.

If a cow panics, it runs away at an amazing 1km/hour.

Lot's of meat to eat so makes it a prime target. Rather eat a whole cow then a sparrow or a rabbit. Easier to catch also.

Protective camouflage? Heard of such? On green pastures with white/black coloring isn't that witty.

Defensive weapons:

Moo.

Moo?

Jog a bit.

Moo.

So, if someone up there made an animal that is easy meat for the meat liking people(people liked meat since the first mammoth had a stroke and fell to the campfire) it's the cow.

*nods*

V

Validus

Indeed! the cows would be extinct if it wasn't for us breeding and protecting them for food, milk, and/or hot animul luv action

O

old.job

I'm no crazy vegan, but a cow and all other animals like sheep/pigs/chickens we use for food, look like that cos we have bred them that way over thousands of years.

Extinction or continual slaughter?
Life a piece of shit innit, course only we care, cows couldn't give a fuck.

V

Validus

yup. but if we stop now they would all die out coz they cant survive alone. what a waste of a perfectly good wanking replacement

H

Hargh

all i ask is that the meat we eat is not intensively farmed in order to keep profit margins high. i'm quite happy to pay over the odds for a slice of a happy cow or an unabused chikarn.

E

Ekydus

How do you know for a fact what happened to your food unless it gives a signature or a video cassette with the food you purchase?

B

bigsir

I recently heard that (this may be complete crap but I haven't looked into it) for a product to quality as 'free-range' only 10% of the livestock they keep has to fall into that category.

Also when you think of the word 'free-range' you imagine lambs springing around large fields, possibly near a nice babbling brook, nibbling grass in the sunshine and having the time of their (albiet short) lives. I don't think that there are many restrictions that have to be met for the companys to slap one of those labels on their products to give joe public a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside.

I agree with you though Hargh, intensive farming is terrible, it's especially rampant in the US, the only time a lot of the animals ever see sunshine is on their way to the slaughterhouse, not nice.

O

old.job

Funnily enuff, my mates a chicken farmer, his chickens are free range, all it means is that he has the doors on the barn open in the day, and they have an area to run round in.
Of course chickens don't like open areas, they all stay in the barn, where they feel safe. It's the biggest joke going, not one pops it's head out all day.

O

osy

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Think of the cow.

Now if "god"(or any controlling being, like evolution) didn't make that animal into a food resource i don't what he/she/it did!

Just look at it!!

cow.jpg

It's just standing there waiting for a tiger, lion, human to come along and poke it with a stick. Since poking it with a stick is what's needed to kill one. Ofcourse tigers and lions don't use sticks but that's off the point.

Weak points:

No panic towards other beings.

If a cow panics, it runs away at an amazing 1km/hour.

Lot's of meat to eat so makes it a prime target. Rather eat a whole cow then a sparrow or a rabbit. Easier to catch also.

Protective camouflage? Heard of such? On green pastures with white/black coloring isn't that witty.

Defensive weapons:

Moo.

Moo?

Jog a bit.

Moo.

So, if someone up there made an animal that is easy meat for the meat liking people(people liked meat since the first mammoth had a stroke and fell to the campfire) it's the cow.

*nods*

Just want to say that this post had a full room of 11 people laughing their tummies off.

:clap:

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by old.job
I'm no crazy vegan, but a cow and all other animals like sheep/pigs/chickens we use for food, look like that cos we have bred them that way over thousands of years.

Extinction or continual slaughter?
Life a piece of shit innit, course only we care, cows couldn't give a fuck.

a thousand years ago, a cow still looked like a cow ... a chicken is still a chicken, and there was no such thing as vegis back then :p

O

old.job

Oh really greenfingers ,I suggest you look up some info on the subject, the modern cow you see in the fields, has been selectively bred by man since the dawn of farming, to produce more meat and milk.
Same for chickens , sheep and pigs.

Next you'll be saying dogs have always looked like that.

C

Cyradix

Originally posted by old.job
Next you'll be saying dogs have always looked like that.

of course not! We all know the dinosaurs were wiped out by the ferocious saber tooth chiwawa's

O

old.job

Hmmmmmmmm...ferocious saber tooth chiwawa's.....chaaaaggghhhh

O

ormorof

so errr, what DID a cow look like before it got farmed?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by ormorof
so errr, what DID a cow look like before it got farmed?

probably more like a buffalo or something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom