K

kaod

Originally posted by hint
awwww that meens i can't call you Kod till sometime next year :(

Well, look at it as a feature.

We all need aims and goals in life. ;)

D

Damini

I don't feel there was any need for a second post on this subject, and I have already explained that whilst this is not directly covered in the CoC, we also feel we have a responsibility towards people in the game. I stated VERY CLEARLY that we weren't throwing the CoC at anyone, so thank you very much for cut and pasting it back at me.

I simply cannot see why you are getting so ragingly hysterical over this. A quick decicision was made, and a thread was deleted, because it was felt that it may give other people an unfair advantage in game. If that very same thread appreared later, there would be no issue with it all.

NO, there are no precise terms and conditions you can trawl through or CoC and throw back at us pedanticly, we have to adapt each forum to the specific game that is played. We have made our own adaptions, ones that we feel best serve the community as a whole. A snap decision was made in this instance, and some people whole heartedly agree and some people have gone lunatic over it.

So lets go through these points like adults:

1) These forums are NOT owned by Mythic, or GOA, their CoC etc DO NOT apply here.

We do however try to keep within their CoC rules, because we have the luxury of having both kemor and zargar post here and as members of the community. It would seem common sense and a courtesy for a forum closely affiliated with GOA not to trash their CoC. Which is one of several reasons we do not permit people advertising their accounts for sale here. This is not written in the BWCoC, but it is a rule that has evolved to suit this forum.

2) The post about the relic raid was about an RvR event related to DAOC, therefore it was Relevent.

We have no qualms with its relevence at all, the post as it stood was fine, its timing was what we had issue with. If it was posted later in its entirety, then the same post was not problematic at all.

3) Your personal ethics, views about DAOC are not relevent and certainly do not take any form of precedence on these forums.

The post wasn't editted because it was felt grey ganking was immoral, or because abusing a certain flaw in the game contravened any unwritten rule of behaviour, it wasn't a case of ethics in that instance, it was deleted because it was felt it might upset the balance of the game, which is a different affair.

4) As a Moderater your job is to moderate within the statute's of the forum, your deleting a post because u thought it was unfair within the realms of the game is direct abuse of power

As moderators of a large DAoC community forum, we do have a certain responsibility towards the internal realm of the game. Also, the two are not so diverse and distant, infomation here can be carried into game and visa versa. A decision was made that a post here may be creating unfair disadvantages in the world of the game.

5) Even if we were to follow GOA's guidlines, your explanation that a hib player might have seen the post and taken advantage somehow is sketchy at best. If you feel that GOA's CnC has been violated then the place to take action is by reporting to them using Right Now. Clearly you have sought to give your own realm an advantage in this situation by your actions, and as such you do not deserve the privelage of moderating these forums.

You condradict yourself here. Either it would have given an unfair advantage, in which case it was right to delete it, or it wouldn't give an unfair advantage, in which case there can't be any accusations of favourtism. You can't argue both sides in the same paragraph.

Now, I'm going to close this thread, because its really just ranting, and I'll start another thread discussing whether or not people believe posts should be moderated that could ruin the in-game environment. We'll discuss it there, and then we will make some informed decisions that may affect whether we moderate them again in the future. I see no point on further discussing it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread