To solo Bms

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
ok just duelled Farils zerk and got pwned : just a few questsions about things he used
1st he made me fumble
2nd he made my armour crumble and his glowed with a spectral aurau
3rd a malignant essense swirled around me consuming me
are these arts cus atm my only lv10 art is som so not clued up on rest?

no 1. is from berserker champion weapon
no 2 is chest artefact Guard of Valor (GoV) lvl4 reactive proc and means his AF got boosted by 50 while your af was lowered by the same amount
no 3 is GoV lvl10 reactive proc which is a dot of about 25-35 dmg per tick

to be succesfull as a solo meleer these days you need to rely on timered abilities (artifacts, ra's and master levels). Almost a must have for a solo tank should be:
GoV - nice bonuses and reactive AF proc
malice - nice 25% to all stats debuff proc and nice /use2 charge that absorb 50% of the melee damage you will get for 20 seconds then add the same 50% damage in the next 15 seconds (ouch! - better have purge ready for it or try not to take hits in those 15 seconds)
battler (in offhand or large weapon slot) - nice /use2 charge - 19% added to your absorb and enemy absorb lowered by same value
winged helm - 75% of the style dmg component is reduced and it lasts 5 minutes or a 10 minutes speed boost chanter style
shades of mist - nice defensive proc that has the chance to give you one or more 200 hitpoints ablative
scalars - nice 40% absorb reactive proc - ofc the chances to proc are really tiny and a wolf morph (scalars is not really a must, but if it can be fitted in a template then it's worth to remember it)
and not at last: the champion weapon if you have DR activated

also a good selection of RA's and heal/end/endregen potions

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
Do many Bms solo and if so what spec and how do you do vs all other melee classes, Reason i ask is my BM seems to have become free rps to any1 cept assasins now and wanna try solves the problem:)

get winged helm, SoM, battler and if you can fit it in enyalo boots also or else dont even try to solo

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
1. Template up, sit down and think about what abilities you need/want for YOUR playstyle
2. Learn to know where to find fight and not get zerged to often (everybody gets zerged some times though), part of this is prekiting people to areas less likely to give you adds
3. Learn to strafe and land back styles and that sticking for extended amounts of time is bad (anything more than 0.5-1 sec, will prolly get you backstyled)

go out and meet the 25% that gives good fights, and laugh at the rest that cba to try think when they play.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Few useful things for blunt BM from the top of my head :)

* Malice /use2: You gain a 50% melee-immunity for a short time, and after that you take 50% extra damage. The trick in this artifact /use is to make sure your enemy will NOT hit you during that negative time. You can charge away from your enemy to avoid being hit during it. You can also use your RR5 to live through the negative effect. Or simply kill your enemy before the negative effect kicks in.

* Abuse your RR5. Its up often, and loads of enemies will use 'I-win' crap on you. If a merc uses Dirty Tricks, you hit RR5 and voilla you postpone the fight for abit, making his dirty tricks useless. Enemy using Malice /use2 (XXX his arrogance absorbs YY damage message!) --> use ur RR5 and he wont get any benefit out of Malice. There's more stuff, like an enemy using Warguard or such.. With creative use of the RR5 you can 'live' through I-win crap.

* Blunt has this little advantage with the long duration off-parry stun. However you also got a 'short' duration stun in the form of Ice-storm.. Hit ice-storm (you told me u dont like strafing, well.. if enemies use tricks, so should you!) and if he purges it... he can be restunned 20 secs later (stun immunity for melee = 5x stun duration). You can 'force' to parry with your RR5, which allows you to open with StunningBlow-chain followed up by the long duration stun (10 secs) on DevastatingBlow.

* If you decide to 'dump' on someone, make sure he can't negate it easy. For example, if you fight a reaver, and you 'dump' Battler /use2, banespike and tripplewield, make sure he cannot slam you --> either be stun-immune, or use charge. That way, you make sure your best tricks dont get negated by enemies trying to outsmart you. Same goes for fighting a merc, dont dump if he didnt use Dirty Tricks, you might get easily countered by the DT. Your RR5 goes a long way in pushing the fight in the direction you want (eg. enemy eating grass).

Common sense goes a long way and ofcourse the good template stuff from other people in this thread.

Hope you get some inspiration for nice 'tricks' :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
solo isnt camping dc bridge with loads other rr 10's :p......... move away from the zerg and try solo... slightly diferant experience :p

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Only time ive been with the other hibs is vs the 4-5 mids on dc bridge, rest of time i wander near dc with all the other solo ppl and none of us add, ofc tho some ppl take advantage and camp us waiting for solo ppl we fight.Btw u wasnt 1 of the group of mids was you cus your name sounds familiar?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
nm i seen u now and will ignore every post u make from now since you WAS and still ARE part of the group of mids attacking solo ppl, and before u say i added thats rubbish cus i was watching kobold vs hib when i was nuked and atatcked then all atatcked me and other hib.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you been away so long tali so much has changed.

but basically to answer your orginal question. BM is totally competative in 1v1 scenarios, but the game is definetly more toy based now and you need to be aware of those toys a lot more.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I think i know how the samurai felt when they had there final charge vs ppl with guns lol:)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Talivar said:
I think i know how the samurai felt when they had there final charge vs ppl with guns lol:)

like me when I charge Graendel with my piercers? ^^

Tilda

Talivar said:
Do many Bms solo and if so what spec and how do you do vs all other melee classes, Reason i ask is my BM seems to have become free rps to any1 cept assasins now and wanna try solves the problem:)

Ben, if you're playing again give me your msn you cockbadger :wub:

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
solo isnt camping dc bridge with loads other rr 10's :p......... move away from the zerg and try solo... slightly diferant experience :p
u should try that urself maybe ?

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
trycorn said:
u should try that urself maybe ?

i dont at any time claim to be a solo mid... i get solo fights but if people add so be it.........so crawl back under ure rock where ya came from.....

kivik

Part of the furniture
lpep said:
so crawl back under ure rock where ya came from.....

Take your own advice. How was it? First rule for a zerger is to never whine when you get zerged...

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
<33 Talivar, still remember when you rp pled my, at that time, lvl 45 warden or so with your lvl 48 Bm at the famous "Taliwall" in Odins Gate :) You always hated pve so much you refused to xp the last levels.. Hope you cope with ToA and the rest now, especially considering how easy it has become. Gimme a shout ingame and ill do my best to help you out.

deez

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
wrong wrong wrong, soloing is 10 times harder without irvr. irvr = zerglings are all concentrated in one spot, leaving the other two realms perfect places to solo at. when there is no irvr, all bridge areas are camped by retarded fg's all day long and solo visuals don't have any place to go to

irvr in alb = nice soloing at bled, emain and sometimes the south beno bridge.

and as farek said, nightsend is the bm who stuck to soloing and is pretty hard. crush spec now :)

so true

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
kivik said:
Take your own advice. How was it? First rule for a zerger is to never whine when you get zerged...

and where am i whining ?...... i get zerged every day.... i dont come here to the boards and moan about it.. i just get on with it.....

Drege

Loyal Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
may aswell considerin how hard u hit with that pole :(

Well you would just laugh at me if i tried hitting you with my 1-hand battler=P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom