To solo Bms

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Do many Bms solo and if so what spec and how do you do vs all other melee classes, Reason i ask is my BM seems to have become free rps to any1 cept assasins now and wanna try solves the problem:)

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
Do many Bms solo and if so what spec and how do you do vs all other melee classes, Reason i ask is my BM seems to have become free rps to any1 cept assasins now and wanna try solves the problem:)

Poor talivar :( soloing was redefined in your absence mate and I doubt you are going to like it :(

Talivar

Part of the furniture
just hoping i dont have to use a diff class to solo(

Farek

Fledgling Freddie
Nightsend is hard 1o1, havnt had problems vs any other BMs.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
just hoping i dont have to use a diff class to solo(

well, with Irvr being extremely popular lately you may find it hard to solo on any class really :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
wrong wrong wrong, soloing is 10 times harder without irvr. irvr = zerglings are all concentrated in one spot, leaving the other two realms perfect places to solo at. when there is no irvr, all bridge areas are camped by retarded fg's all day long and solo visuals don't have any place to go to

irvr in alb = nice soloing at bled, emain and sometimes the south beno bridge.

and as farek said, nightsend is the bm who stuck to soloing and is pretty hard. crush spec now :)

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
My BM is solo spec (crush :p) and I try to take him out for a run once a week, you can get some solofights aslong as you avoid the obvious bottlenecks. Take a boat to bledmeer when there is irvr in Alb. Like VF said :)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Blunt parry chain is very handy vs other melee classes (~10sec stun) - forces them to either purge or take the hits. Artifacts with /use or /use2's are also good to increase your overall combat utility, especially when you face casters and need to interrupt them. I know you go way back, so generally I imagine you have a good understanding of the game, and that's pretty much all it takes. Use your tools, if you don't feel you have many, try to improve them with arties, ML abilities and perhaps even CL abilities (I don't have DR myself, so that's an area I can't really give any advice on)

As VF says, if iRvR is in alb, try to go mid or even hib, alternatively take a tower to draw some attention and watch out for people coming to check it out.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
my biggest problem is against poleaxe armsmen lately, although any crush specced melee player will give me problems.

Solo is a lot harder nowadays. I find i lack the staying power these days to keep going back when you know your just gonna get zerged again. I log in and log a short time later :(

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
There's a few, but challenge is getting to them before the full groups do :(

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
wrong wrong wrong, soloing is 10 times harder without irvr. irvr = zerglings are all concentrated in one spot, leaving the other two realms perfect places to solo at. when there is no irvr, all bridge areas are camped by retarded fg's all day long and solo visuals don't have any place to go to

irvr in alb = nice soloing at bled, emain and sometimes the south beno bridge.

and as farek said, nightsend is the bm who stuck to soloing and is pretty hard. crush spec now :)

yesyes, this all sounds perfectly happy on paper but as soon as people see a deathspam at the south bridge that is where some of them will go. And even though you get to pick your fights as you are stealther (only class you play solo? correct me if I'm wrong), Talivar or any other non-stealth soloer will have a hell of alot more difficulties finding fair fights even if it is away from the main Irvr-zerg.

...These are at least my experiences as a non-stealth soloer

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
the problem is BM got nothing in the last patches, all others got new better changes.
When i got my VW to RR4 i was better with him then my RR7 BM,when i got RR6 on my VW i respecced to groupfriendliness because you cannot solo good at primetime with melee chars.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
ok just duelled Farils zerk and got pwned : just a few questsions about things he used
1st he made me fumble
2nd he made my armour crumble and his glowed with a spectral aurau
3rd a malignant essense swirled around me consuming me
are these arts cus atm my only lv10 art is som so not clued up on rest?

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
ok just duelled Farils zerk and got pwned : just a few questsions about things he used
1st he made me fumble

no. 1 and 2 is from this Champion weapon I dono about no. 3 tho

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
1st he made me fumble

yes those are artis.
1: Probably Harpy feather cloak
2: Guard of Valour
3: Malice

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Talivar said:
1st he made me fumble

a good start would be to make a good template :p

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
For solo get your parry up alot. Also make sure the temp got som,gov,wh,scalar,malice, battler(can have malice or battler in 2-hand if you like). LW's can also be handy vs some targets so make sure you can switch the mh. I found out that matter and energy is working really nice vs alot of targets.

Good luck!

kivik

Part of the furniture
/Hug talivar, second fight was abit better :)

As people say, try make a nice template to start with. I assume you still are abit rusty from your break aswell :mad:

auroria

Banned
hm, basicly i used ml4 to make ur endcost higher, and ml9 to lower your dmg, i think my champ weapon procced, which made you fumble, and if you hit my gov, it might proc af debuff on you ;) was lucky with my procs, you hit me for 44dmg mainhand couple times :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ok, don't /point and /laugh please :p

My BM is a pierce spec elf with 50CD / 42parry / 39pierce.

Assassins give me good fights atm, but I'm rather low atm (2L9) so I think at higher RR they will be easy. Most mages are rather easy when solo, cause originally I made my temp for grouping so I'm using the ML10 cloak (hello nearsight as answer to MoC).

I swear you need lots of parry so atm I have charge2 and MoParry 2 (yes I need charge for occasionally grouping), just I sometimes forget charge right before I know slam is inc :p

You can argue that my race/spec choice is crap, but I love that ML 10 piercer and anyways, high dex/qui gives me more evade and parry aswell, so it's a good deal imo. Sure the weapon dmg will be a tad slower, but it still works fine for me, well at least atm it does =)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
He can't go 50 CD/42 parry/39 blunt though as the parry chain stun is in the level 50 style.

Himse

FH is my second home
To solo, you do need many tools to play with... although saying that Kagato doesnt, he just hits plain hard..

Maybe try building a template around malice / legendary... and have battler on back? Use gsv.. for scarab snare.. and scalars gives you an abs buff when it procs iirc? :touch:

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
Just wanted to say, nice fights last night against you Talivar in emain!!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Kinag said:
He can't go 50 CD/42 parry/39 blunt though as the parry chain stun is in the level 50 style.

ah ok, well while this sux a bit, CD has a very good parry chain aswell and I think low parry will really hurt a lot.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
Ok, don't /point and /laugh please :p

My BM is a pierce spec elf with 50CD / 42parry / 39pierce.

Assassins give me good fights atm, but I'm rather low atm (2L9) so I think at higher RR they will be easy. Most mages are rather easy when solo, cause originally I made my temp for grouping so I'm using the ML10 cloak (hello nearsight as answer to MoC).

I swear you need lots of parry so atm I have charge2 and MoParry 2 (yes I need charge for occasionally grouping), just I sometimes forget charge right before I know slam is inc :p

You can argue that my race/spec choice is crap, but I love that ML 10 piercer and anyways, high dex/qui gives me more evade and parry aswell, so it's a good deal imo. Sure the weapon dmg will be a tad slower, but it still works fine for me, well at least atm it does =)
That's the same spec i had on my zerker, except i was axe of course. \o/
Had to lower parry a couple of points with my new template.

Zerkers aren't exactely considered to be good soloers, a bit like BMs i guess, but mine does just fine.
First of all, you have to get your template done and level all your artis. Those who solo a lot will all have lots of toys to use.
Getting CL5 will help a little too, as you can get the resist buffs for 10% more magic resists and a bit of healing to lower the downtime between each fight.

Like Himse said, put Battler on your back. My zerker has finally leveled Battler now.
I used to have a heat LW on the back to easily switch to that when i was fighting assassins(i carry a couple of other LWs as well).
Even though i'm axe specced and can't use Battler, i still want that /use2. I get hit with Battler and/or Warguard so much it will help even the odds some.

Edit: Though now that armour is only 5% vulnerable to a damage type and many people have those CL resist buffs, LWs aren't that attractive anymore.
Maybe they will be a little more next patch when you can SC them.
Right now, my zerker will often hit BMs for just as much damage with slash as i will with cold weapon. At least if the slash debuff from the CW procs.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
To solo, you do need many tools to play with... although saying that Kagato doesnt, he just hits plain hard..

Maybe try building a template around malice / legendary... and have battler on back? Use gsv.. for scarab snare.. and scalars gives you an abs buff when it procs iirc? :touch:

Just thought i'd highlight this.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
It's weird, Zoia & Talivar are probably the only people I remember solo from OF, mainly Odins - Fun days.

Miril

Fledgling Freddie
Speaking from experience with soloing on my hero (for about 500k, so I'm not the greatest expert ever :p), you indeed need a lot of tools (or I-win abilities xD), to be succesful solo, like:

- IP2
- Malice proc, and charge when battler is down
- Battler charge
- purge2 or 3 (duh)
- SoM charge (which you already have)
- End regen and End heal pots
- AF charges
- Champion Level resists
- Winged helmet charge, if you can fit it in your template (I used to do fine without it, but it's really nice to have)
- Master Level abilities

Then of course you need a nice template, with decent dex and +parry. If you can you should try to get a no-mainhand template so you can switch weapons according to the type of opponent, using legendary weapons (try spirit or matter ones on mids, can be fun sometimes :p).
Like previously posted, you should spec high parry, and get some mastery of parry. Also don't go below 50 weapon spec, you'll need the weapon skill to be able to pass certain opponents' defenses (mainly paladins, armsmen, reavers and warriors).

Well that's all I can think of at the moment. Most of it is probably pretty obvious, but I hope it still helps :)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Look around on vn boards and here for a good template and specs.
Talk to nightsend, one of the few old bms around that stuck to solo. he also tried out a lot of different specs/templates you name it:p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:

I have tools, I just have very high standards of what i'll use, im choosy like that :p

Soloing on a BM shouldn't be harder then any other class, they do have some nice benefits, I know not being able to crit on them is bloody annoying.

Personally i'd go for a high parry spec on a bm, but I love parry at the best of times.

Go crush malice, champ off-hand and battler on your back just for the charge and your already half way to being sorted.

Oh and give me some of those free rps too please :england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom