to: grandmaster weap crafters

E

elerand

Originally posted by Tyka
You had to quote all i said just to say it again in different words elerand ? ;) ok

Anyways sure you might hit your dmg cap on cloth wearers and so on, but the point im trying to make here is that a spec over 50, is really not worth the points you put into it, try to get your spec to 43-44-45-46 at max and the rest will be coming from your realm rank or items.

I dnot know about CDW styles but i know for sure that CS styles are not that special, so therefore if you want lower dmg variance, or you want higher dmg cap, you might as well get those with RRs or get some items.

Well I guess it's how you said it, pure 50 in a skill affects your styled dmg more than 44+6, since style dmg is factored by your actual skill over any bonuses to it.
Certainly I don't see the point if all you do is poke casters, I do see the point if you fight tanks :)
Skill over 50 adds very little to styled/unstyled dmg and it's true but more weapon skill is always a bonus when it comes to getting the hit in :)

And I tend to quote in the entirety unless one part only tickles me fancy, which your post didn't ;)

On the subject of CDW, the only reason some bm's went 50 CD was for the lvl 50 style, guess what it's shit too, so most take 44 and are happy with the dmg flurry does and offhand swing chance, not many use the styles themselves as they are already too low in the dmg they provide, one pierce move I use, tarantula-off a block, does far more dmg than anything in the CD line.

T

Tranquil-

Evade, block, parry etc. all defensive skills get a numerical value which is compared to the weaponskill of the attacker.

If the weaponskill of the attacker is higher than the numerical value from defense, that edge the attacker gets will modify the base chance you have to parry, evade, block etc.

Very roughly put: Attackers WeapSkill :1000 , Defenders Defensive skill: 1000

No bonus nor penalty to either, except each others specs(+shield or +parry. A style bonus will also be added at this point, if the style has +tohit, if you used a style with penalty earlier etc.)

Attackers WeapSkill: 1200, Defenders Defensive skill: 800

Difference: 400

That difference will take a part in modifying whether the blow will hit or not. This is done each time you swing. Bonus on your weapon is also compared to the armour bonus you have. So if you have all parts at 35% bonus except one at 10% the chance is that it will hit that part. The higher total bonus you have the less you'll be hit. etc etc etc..

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by Noche
Then who takes MP orders? :(
If I'm available, and if Hibernia currently controls a merchant keep (Crauchon, Benowyc or Bledmeer), you can ask me.

If you want me to make you a masterpiece weapon, you'll need to decide how much maximum you're willing to spend on retries, and give it to me as a deposit - 1 platinum minimum per weapon, and 3p is more realistic. If I get the masterpiece early, I'll give you the unused money back, minus my fee. If you don't trust me to do this, don't even ask me to craft for you.

I can make no guarantees, either - we are entirely at the mercy of the random number generator - but you'll almost certainly get a 99% quality weapon if the masterpiece doesn't come up, which is better than nothing... :rolleyes:

B

boni_ofdavoid

Can someone tell me about the highest level CS moves and more precisely why they are not worth it?

I was under the impression that this was because the opening move was a side style and so a bit hard to use (compared to the LW champ 50 move). But with stunns / mezzes locking character direction they would seem more usable now to me. Or is it just the case that those levels would be more efficiently spread into blades and parry cause they are sooo costly?

Can anyone else confirm what elerand has said that 44+6 is worse than a natural 50?

K

Khefru

Going back onto the topic start. I have made 2 mp hooked spears. One for Wuren (cost him less than a plat) and one for Evoric (cost him about 1.5 plat). These were damn lucky as I've spent almost 5 plat of my own cash trying to get myself an mp (still don't have one). I made an mp sickle on my first attempt for my right hand weapon for slam. Typical, the one I don't really need.

As people have said before, it's absolute and total luck. I've had mp orders and had to stop because the person who placed the order has no money left. They have paid 3 plat for a 99 qual weapon. I hate it when this happens. I genuinly feel bad.

I am willing to do mp orders, but ppl must be aware of the time it takes to make one (was at the forge most of Sunday doing one). Also they must be prepared to pay lots and lots of gold for one. If I make it on the first attempt, then they get a damn cheap mp weapon. I was looking at Lums pricing and think it's very good. I must say that I do it slightly differently though, I charge 20% mark up on the first weapon and also I charge some extra for each retry. This may sound unfair, but if I'm stuck at the forge with an mp order, I want to make more than 48 gold for 4 hours work. If I didn't charge on the retries, I'd be better off camping rocorts for cash (all businesses I know charge for labour as well as making profit on the parts). I will also only make a mp order if we have one of the merchant keeps as running back and forth to the relic keeps for materials slows things right down. Sometimes just getting a lvl 34 champ to Crauch is a massive feat in itself though, so if anyone does order a mp, be prepared for a wait. ;)

I hope my prices don't sound to expensive, but I have to recouperate the massive amounts of cash I put into skilling w/c up. I've given many ppl mp weapons when they've been lucky and only ordered a 99 qual. I don't keep 99's in stock from mp orders as vault space is a big problem and I stock all materials from cobalt up.

Hope this is a little insight to how fairly (or unfairly ;)) I work and price things.

edit

on the lvl 50 CS style, I'd say its definately worth it. Wuren challenged me to a couple of duels today and managed to succsesfully use those style on both occasions whereas I messed mine up. Needless to say he beat me to a pulp. (with the same spear that I made him too :eek: )

O

old.Zarko

Originally posted by Tyka
Nova im shocked by your noobness ;)

Of course you do more dmg to a grey mob with a spear that have a longer delay.
Now try the same on a yellow mob where you dont CAP your dmg in first hit, and try hitting him 100 times with both crafted 99% spear and then try it with the dropped spear with longer delay but 94% quality. I'll assure you that the crafted spear does more dmg over time.

If it wouldnt who would buy crafted weapons?

Having a skill above 50 in a weapon is kind of useless compared to how much points you have put into that skill, never understood people that go 50 spear, imo they gimped themselves since with at least rr6 they will get it to 50 for sure.

Everything up to 50 raises your lowest dmg on enemys, everything above 50 raises your dmg cap against enemys.

So lets think, how often do you hit your dmg cap on yellow invaders? never unless you are mega buffed.
How often do you hit your dmg cap on a grey mob? always, and putting +1 more into CS will raise that dmg with +2-4 dmg.

Taking a weaponp like CS to 50 is gimping yourself since the lvl 50 style is crap + that you can easily get your spec to 50 and having the same dmg over time. Can't say the same about LW though.

I disagree, the lvl44 chain that ends with the lvl50 is awesome, problem is that it can be hard in RvR, nevertheless when also specced to SLAM, its not impossible and do happen - i got 50spear and i wont change it for anything. Also read the last Hero TL report, they really try to change the position from side to frontal (will be awesome if it happens).

Last, Wuren is right, "pyjamas dressers" tend to get hit for cap sometimes and also i think that style bonus damage is only affected by "natural" speccing.

T

tankster

i always use those styles and i really like spear styles :)

the long bleed on the cuchulains revenge is awsome (ask Legion) and in RvR they are very good to use.

L

Lessurl

yeah, nowadays with no turnin when mezzed/stunned side positional styles aren't as hard as they were to pull off and tend to do some nasty damage. Was playing a friends hero the other day and opening with slam then movin round to do positional spear styles.

O

Odon

So erm ...

When does the campin of CM/Knights/CF begin to raise these P's? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom