to: grandmaster weap crafters

N

Novamir

please can i order one of them 16.5 dps spears ? :D thanks will log in to pay u as soon as u post here that its done :)

N

Novamir

oh at 100% quality ofc. and btw how much will it cost?

S

saltymcpepper

ill take one too pweeeeeze if anyone is ganna make one anytime soon

B

bigsir

The hooked spear is 303g and 61g per retry, so on average (49 retrys) it would cost 3p 292g. Thats just a rough estimate (25% profit on the first weapon, next to nothing on retrys) I'd imagine crafters may want an additional bonus for sitting on their arse for hours as well :p

I dont take orders for MP weapons anymore, I give them to guildies as long as it's not part of an order. Although I'm sure you'll find someone who will make it for you :)

B

bigsir

The average cost of a 99% hooked spear is 608g (5 retrys). It could be more or less depending on luck :)

N

Novamir

how many do we have then? You, Ort, alrindel(?),....

S

saltymcpepper

i think theres about 5 now im not too sure tbh

O

old.Xanthian

Garax has done MP orders in the past, so im sure he'd do another :)

S

spankya

I dont know anyone that has made a MP 16.5dps spear...... so doubt u will get one Nova unless u offer loads of money.

/em hugs his 16.1 dps MP spear and his 99%qua 16.5dps spear :D

N

Noche

Might I know an estimate price of a MP guarded rapier plz geeze? :)

B

bigsir

I'm fairly certain that Anrhefn has made 2 MP hooked spears, I think they went to Wuren and Evoric.

Noche: Guarded Rapier 250g (50g retry x 49) = 2p 700g.

These prices I'm quoting are for the average cost, browsing through some of the US crafting boards I've read horror storys of 200+ retrys for a MP. That's the main reason I dont take MP orders anymore.

Me: Hi, your weapon is ready

Them: Great, how much did it cost?

Me: Erm well..... 12p 503g

Them: fwfsfagnjeefmnw.....<dies>

:p

T

tankster

Lum made me some really nice weapons, but what is the difference of a 99% and a mp .. in combat i mean.

Someone borrowed me a legion spear Adremels Deamon bla bla

witch gives me a CS skill of 66 and some damage shield, but only 94% !! ...

wich is better and more important why ! a crafted 99% or 94% + the 10 points in CS ...

N

Novamir

if you have 50 specced in spear, use a crafted. if you have less than 50 (eg 44 or so like me) the line is kinda blurred and it may still be better to use the +10cs spear..

easy test: get ur crafted, eagle talon a level 0 mob. get ur adremels, eagle talon a level 0 mob. more = better.

however an extra factor to take into account is that adremels has 25% bonus as opposed to crafted 35%. this means that you will miss slightly more hits with adremels on enemy epic armour than with your crafted. as a miss = 0 damage, that's an important extra factor.

another big thing to remember is, adremels look totally uber. :p

L

Laralyn

I would be interested in taking some mp orders..
Problem is are you willing to pay all those plats for one?
msg me ingame and we will talk

btw i have 50cs specc and i am also using the Adremel's did some testing on gray mobs and on some albs and i do more dmg with it than with a 99% enchanted hooked spear..
could be because the hooked has 5.0 spd and adramels has 5.5 but on the other hand hooked has 16.5 dps while adramels has 16.2 if i remember corectly
guess that +10 cs is more important..
anyway with it i have +17cs :D

O

old.Garax

I don't mind taking MP orders, as long as people realise that it's all down to luck. You have to remember that the 1 in 50 chance of a MP may actually be the sword blade or hilt!! Thus pushing the amount up even further.
Also if someone orders a MP from me then i would expect a bit of help ferrying arcanite from the relic keep to Ardee, otherwise i would spend more time running back and forth than crafting. :)

T

Tyka

Nova im shocked by your noobness ;)

Of course you do more dmg to a grey mob with a spear that have a longer delay.
Now try the same on a yellow mob where you dont CAP your dmg in first hit, and try hitting him 100 times with both crafted 99% spear and then try it with the dropped spear with longer delay but 94% quality. I'll assure you that the crafted spear does more dmg over time.

If it wouldnt who would buy crafted weapons?

Having a skill above 50 in a weapon is kind of useless compared to how much points you have put into that skill, never understood people that go 50 spear, imo they gimped themselves since with at least rr6 they will get it to 50 for sure.

Everything up to 50 raises your lowest dmg on enemys, everything above 50 raises your dmg cap against enemys.

So lets think, how often do you hit your dmg cap on yellow invaders? never unless you are mega buffed.
How often do you hit your dmg cap on a grey mob? always, and putting +1 more into CS will raise that dmg with +2-4 dmg.

Taking a weaponp like CS to 50 is gimping yourself since the lvl 50 style is crap + that you can easily get your spec to 50 and having the same dmg over time. Can't say the same about LW though.

E

Elric IA

Yes it is all down to luck unfortunately with the MP and it could take you ages.

Last time I crafted I had one MP dirk and an MP hinge (hinge! well the reason i was doing a mega salvage and trinket session for Tryc where I made around 100 hinges so one MP in 100 goes!).

Personally, even though I am up to mid-diamond weapons, I would never take an MP order as it could take an age and most lower players cannot afford them (sapphire sledge for instance could end up costing a plat for a MP with salvage and that is probably more cash than a level 30 has ever seen).

Best to go for something lower quality unless you are really determined.

Who knows, the first weapon the crafter makes (or the 4th in my case when I asked Lum ) could be the MP

W

Wuren

Originally posted by Tyka
So lets think, how often do you hit your dmg cap on yellow invaders?

like every pyjamas dresser from alb?

Also, from reading Niin's tests its concluded that style bonus damage is ONLY affected by natural speccing, not items or realm ranks.

T

Tyka

Learn how to quote the whole sentence, you were probably buffed, that will never happen if you dont have good buffs, i dont know about Niin's test but 1 thing i know for sure is that if you have +1 in a weapon skill it raises your damage cap.

W

Wuren

Lets turn it around then, how often is a hero not buffed in RvR?

S

spankya

So lets think, how often do you hit your dmg cap on yellow invaders? .

At rr3 I was hitting my damage cap loads, at rr4 I hit my damage cap a fair amount, rr5 is still to come so will wait and see. Played time is 20days, hence the low rr :)

E

elerand

Nova im shocked by your noobness ;)

Of course you do more dmg to a grey mob with a spear that have a longer delay.
Now try the same on a yellow mob where you dont CAP your dmg in first hit, and try hitting him 100 times with both crafted 99% spear and then try it with the dropped spear with longer delay but 94% quality. I'll assure you that the crafted spear does more dmg over time.

If it wouldnt who would buy crafted weapons?

Having a skill above 50 in a weapon is kind of useless compared to how much points you have put into that skill, never understood people that go 50 spear, imo they gimped themselves since with at least rr6 they will get it to 50 for sure.

Everything up to 50 raises your lowest dmg on enemys, everything above 50 raises your dmg cap against enemys.

So lets think, how often do you hit your dmg cap on yellow invaders? never unless you are mega buffed.
How often do you hit your dmg cap on a grey mob? always, and putting +1 more into CS will raise that dmg with +2-4 dmg.

Taking a weaponp like CS to 50 is gimping yourself since the lvl 50 style is crap + that you can easily get your spec to 50 and having the same dmg over time. Can't say the same about LW though.

There are two reasons to take weapon spec to 50, one is dmg variance, the other is how high your weapon spec is (over 50 I don't know so much about) affects the dmg you do with STYLES.
Just one of the many reasons CDW is so crap is the style dmg is rubbish to start with and even at 50 is pretty lame compared to the dmg done with weapon styles.

compared the dmg done by lvl 44 weapon blades spec vs 50, difference came in the form of of bonuses over 50, 56 vs 66.

unstyled was about a 10-15 dmg difference, most of that will be dmg variance (did it by sharing the same weapons) alone. The difference between styled dmg was quite marked though and made me regret choosing less weapon spec at the time!

If you can as a tank go for 50 weapon spec then do, makes a difference in the end, not worth sacrificing for an extra 3-6% parry really, since you can easily make that up compared to a reliable dmg output from speccing weapon skill well.

T

Tyka

You had to quote all i said just to say it again in different words elerand ? ;) ok

Anyways sure you might hit your dmg cap on cloth wearers and so on, but the point im trying to make here is that a spec over 50, is really not worth the points you put into it, try to get your spec to 43-44-45-46 at max and the rest will be coming from your realm rank or items.

I dnot know about CDW styles but i know for sure that CS styles are not that special, so therefore if you want lower dmg variance, or you want higher dmg cap, you might as well get those with RRs or get some items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom