To all the crafters,Urizen perma banned......

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Nope radar users get permabanned as well as does anyone caught using any other third party program to cheat such as a speedhack, autohunter etc.

whats autohunter?

Bit harsh he got perma banned for crafting macro, thinking stripping him of all crafting skills would do for a first time offence, if anyone did it again then perma ban them. DAOC is losing enough players as it is. In my opinion window dragging, lag casting or strafing is more detrimental then an obsolete crafting system that is 4 years old.....

:m00:

dohhhh

Fledgling Freddie
ZZzz.. this is turning out to be a seriously boring post. Read throught the six pages now and it basicly falls down to twats bragging about their crafters being done without macroing. I dont think Uri ment that nobody crafts the normal way, but MANY use macros. Though its not an excuse.

Permabanned with no warning IS too harsh considering the time put into the characters. If it had just been a Counter-Strike account or smth, id agree. You (hopefullu) learn from your mistakes, and stop cheating when you start playing again. Thats not a easy task in daoc. Buy the game, buy the addons, level to 50, get the artis, get ML'ed, start working on the RR. Takes tiiiime, so a silly thing like macrocrafting shouldn't get you permabanned.

IMO.

Puki

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, how stupid can you be? In the news frequently was told that 3rd party tools of ANY kind are reason for permabanning. And even if you don't read them just thinking about it: A program that does the "work" for me... can this be cheating? Well, I hope the other cheater out there think twice about doing it after they have seen that your whole account can vanish from one day to another.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Hrymf said:
read it again then, GOA have many times stated that any playing without being there your self, being away from the keyboard, is ban reason :)

How can they prove your not at the keyboard? Cameras at your house?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:
How can they prove your not at the keyboard? Cameras at your house?

Well, When you craft an item every 5.918237231283621387126 seconds, 500 times in a row, Its kinda obvious ;x

Ormorof

FH is my second home
dohhhh said:
ZZzz.. this is turning out to be a seriously boring post. Read throught the six pages now and it basicly falls down to twats bragging about their crafters being done without macroing. I dont think Uri ment that nobody crafts the normal way, but MANY use macros. Though its not an excuse.

he did kinda ask for people to name legendary crafters that did it without having to cheat ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
he did kinda ask for people to name legendary crafters that did it without having to cheat ;)

does anyone really think though that legendary crafters would admit to it anyway?

Ging

Part of the furniture
its only against the law if you get caught :)

occy

Loyal Freddie
Lethul said:
if only that would be true your post wouldnt be so laughable.... seriously, you shouldnt try to fool your costumers when they already know you didnt even bann radar users on the "FIRST WAVE" (15 day bann for radar users). then you bann macro crafters permanately?

i dont mind losing macro crafters but after giving radar players a second chance this if fucking laughable. you really need to get your policys straight, goa is a fucking joke in the cheat appartment atm.

goa is a fucking joke in every appartment atm :m00:

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
at the end of the day it doesnt matter what you think about the crafting system, which i agree is shit, when you log onto the game you agree to follow a set of rules, if you break any of those rules you run the risk of getting banned. everyone knows that, just becuase something is crap doesnt mean you have to cheat.

Also the argument about "we only cheat because crafted items are so expensive" well not really, it costs around 15-20 (at least) plat to get lgm AC for instance, add to that the (depending on luck) 30-50 retries for an mp part you probably looking at an outlay of 30 plat for a full set of scale plus the time it takes to make it. its much easier/quicker to go and farm a few plat in 10 minutes in toa/catacombs whatever.

those that say all crafters cheat must move in some very retarded social groups :)

If some day, a really bad accident happens to me, i get heavy brain damage and start shearing this guys point of view.......
can someone kill me then plz? :<

you can end up giving 30 plats for a studded suit if you buy it on cm.... greed anyone?

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
scorge said:
whats autohunter?

its a program that kill mobs for you while you sleep. you can make it go to various location spamming f8 all the time, attack if it spots a mob, and rest if you need end etcetc... but its outdated and doesnt work atm so dont worry goa

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Trunks said:
i think i remember reading, in a post like this a while ago, that u can use these types of programs as long as u are at the computer whilst its being done? maybe this rules been changed.

As far as I know, Ultima Online seems to allow this. Their Rules of Conduct only state that you may not do anything unattended, although the 3rd party program list suggests otherwise. Dark Age of Camelot has never allowed anything to interact with the program or its data stream.

Although I agree that crafting is rather slow and boring, there is no excuse for macro crafting. Submit feedback to Mythic regarding crafting as it badly needs an overhaul. I'm currently doing armourcrafting and tailoring on Glastonbury, even though I'm being given loads of gold by the guild to use on skill gains, I just can't keep up and make high enough armour. The levelling speed is considerably faster these days, but crafting speed has remained the same since the launch of the game.

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
How can they even check if its a 3th party program, i mean, what if i took some of my old lego shit out of the box and build a machine that would click on button 1 every 1 min, would i then be cheating aswell? cuz i cant really see the different here

remi

Fledgling Freddie
[CE]Hjendug said:
How can they even check if its a 3th party program, i mean, what if i took some of my old lego shit out of the box and build a machine that would click on button 1 every 1 min, would i then be cheating aswell? cuz i cant really see the different here

u get banned for the lego hax :p

id say the boring and outdated crafting system just invites to useing 3rd party programs.

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
u get banned for the lego hax :p
so i will get this letter from goa
Dear Customer even tho u played this game, and gave us shitloads of money, we have to permban your account because u, used lego hax

Kind regards GoA ?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
[CE]Hjendug said:
so i will get this letter from goa
Dear Customer even tho u played this game, and gave us shitloads of money, we have to permban your account because u, used lego hax

Kind regards GoA ?

That's how it works, yea. I remeber some guy in US who used the lego, he got banned for it ( or it was someone who asked sanya, dont remember).

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Requiel said:
Nope radar users get permabanned as well as does anyone caught using any other third party program to cheat such as a speedhack, autohunter etc.
i know someone who got caught and only got a 3 week :p

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
i know someone who got caught and only got a 3 week :p
i know several who still plays with radar, and some who got cauth and still plays

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
UriZeN said:
do u know any lgry crafter that hasnt used sth similar? if yes plz name him to me if not stfu this is a warning not a discussion nor a qq!

I've got all my crafters the normal way. Yes it's boring and puts your braindead after a while but that's how the system works. It's Mythic's responsibility to change it. Untill then, deal with it or don't craft at all.

I do not feel any pitty to be honest for those who think they can get round the way how it works now with whatever programs. If it was meant to be like that i'm sure they would have put those in it right at the start.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
[CE]Hjendug said:
i know several who still plays with radar, and some who got cauth and still plays
If they were caught by the tool or by me directly they'll have been perma-banned. Only the first wave of people caught by the tool were given two week suspensions, everyone else before and since was terminated permanently. We don't give 3 week suspensions and in fact our system doesn't allow us to - it's not a period we can choose. The longest period that we suspend for is 15 days, after that it's a termination. Either your friend isn't telling you the truth or he's playing on a different account because his original one was banned.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:
If they were caught by the tool or by me directly they'll have been perma-banned. Only the first wave of people caught by the tool were given two week suspensions, everyone else before and since was terminated permanently. We don't give 3 week suspensions and in fact our system doesn't allow us to - it's not a period we can choose. The longest period that we suspend for is 15 days, after that it's a termination. Either your friend isn't telling you the truth or he's playing on a different account because his original one was banned.

BUT WHY did you give the first wave a two week suspension when you terminate this guys account? Its just not right! Radar is a muuuch muuuuch more serious offence and have a much more negative effect on the game.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
BUT WHY did you give the first wave a two week suspension when you terminate this guys account? Its just not right! Radar is a muuuch muuuuch more serious offence and have a much more negative effect on the game.

Look at it this way, the first wave is the first who got caught. Goa send a warning out towards the entire community with saying they will get banned for x days. If people continue afterwards either those who were in the 1st wave or those afterwards ALL had a warning (the 1st wave bans) and thus get perma banned.

bult

Loyal Freddie
bult said:

Stupid question i guess, it was about money obviously. Too many people used radar so you couldnt afford to terminate them all?

bult

Loyal Freddie
Aadia said:
Look at it this way, the first wave is the first who got caught. Goa send a warning out towards the entire community with saying they will get banned for x days. If people continue afterwards either those who were in the 1st wave or those afterwards ALL had a warning (the 1st wave bans) and thus get perma banned.

Shouldnt be a warning for radar, perm ban and IP ban.

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

But seriusly, dont u agree that your rules is the most retarded thing since >insert random action< ever....
i can also tell that he still plays.
not only this but why dont u ban players that listen to winamp then, i mean if they listen to music that stimulate their brain to be more agreesive ingame shouldent they be banned aswell then?
and not to mention all the other retarded things u guys done over the years...
plz say to me that you agree your rules suck and u think u should renew em.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
Shouldnt be a warning for radar, perm ban and IP ban.

Hmm not sure what you are trying to say there but... for consistency yes they should perma ban players who use radar.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
[CE]Hjendug said:
But seriusly, dont u agree that your rules is the most retarded thing since >insert random action< ever....
i can also tell that he still plays.
not only this but why dont u ban players that listen to winamp then, i mean if they listen to music that stimulate their brain to be more agreesive ingame shouldent they be banned aswell then?
and not to mention all the other retarded things u guys done over the years...
plz say to me that you agree your rules suck and u think u should renew em.

And your next book will be titled, "how to win friends and influence people"?

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
And your next book will be titled, "how to win friends and influence people"?
no will proberly be called, Synergy Deathcrew Inc. The story behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom