to all PvP-Guilds: EU-PvP Server Choice at release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlachter SUN

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all,

we try to accumulate some pvp-orientated guilds on one UK-pvp-server at the launch of the EU-release (final beta if it turnes out there won't be a wipe at release) to provide a longterm-competition for pvp-guilds (like some us-guilds did).

I know there are pro's and con's, but i post here to announce that we do organize it and not to discuss if its a good/bad idea with advantages/disadvantages :) .

If you are interested and already have choosen your side or still undecided, please point a guild-represantative to the following thread on our boards and enlist yourself.

http://boards.guildofsun.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2512

Schlachter SUN

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I would be surprised if all the PvP oriented guilds were to do this. Most of them enjoy farming low levels and soloers. Going to a server where they might actually get some competition sounds unlikely at best. It's definitely a good idea though.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
I would be surprised if all the PvP oriented guilds were to do this. Most of them enjoy farming low levels and soloers. Going to a server where they might actually get some competition sounds unlikely at best. It's definitely a good idea though.

lol :worthy:

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
but 90% of them are goign horde, so clearly a server full of pvp orientated horde guilds cant be much fun for the alliance on that server

if they do choose a server like this i will definately play alliance on that server :) always like a challenge

Schlachter SUN

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
I would be surprised if all the PvP oriented guilds were to do this.

We arent looking for all, but maybe 30-40 all in all would be a good number to secure a nice server :)

But you migth be right, many wannabe pvp+ guilds arent up for a good competition, they prolly choose a low pop server, level up and declare ownage after 2 months :eek7:

and yes, Alliance-guilds are slacking right now, so gnomes, nightelves and other scum, enlist yourself !!

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Im starting as alliance there together with some danish friends, allways loved a challenge :)

And horde is soo fotm ^^

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Fedaykin said:
but 90% of them are goign horde, so clearly a server full of pvp orientated horde guilds cant be much fun for the alliance on that server

if they do choose a server like this i will definately play alliance on that server :) always like a challenge

what challenge with u as a priest lvl 31....
pfff i started even 3 days after u =)
maybe a good player at daoc...propably a bad player at wow =)
i vote for FEDAYKIN OVERMIND FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
wutae said:
what challenge with u as a priest lvl 31....
pfff i started even 3 days after u =)
maybe a good player at daoc...propably a bad player at wow =)
i vote for FEDAYKIN OVERMIND FOR PRESIDENT!!!

lol yeah but compare your /played to mine and i bet yours s a lot higher, i've had uni work to do, which i'm afraid comes befoe WoW :p

i'm also goign to get Marios to kick your ass :p

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Let us know which server you guys are going on, so the rest of us can avoid it

:D

;)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Turamber said:
Hehe, so true ;)

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
The bitterness in your posts towards PvP guilds is only surpassed by your complete lack of knowledge about serious PvP guilds.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Eleasias said:
The bitterness in your posts towards PvP guilds is only surpassed by your complete lack of knowledge about serious PvP guilds.

No bitterness, the voice of experience. I played Shadowbane, a 'proper' PvP game, for six months or so ... so much of the PvP action there was exactly as I described. Most of the "RvR" guilds in DAoC liked nothing better than farming lowbies, be they low levels or low realm ranks - the effect was the same.

So, please, prove me wrong - if all the PvP guilds go to the same server I will have a cake made of my words and I'll eat them. Hell you could even make it a little bitter if you prefer, because it will remain uneaten.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
There is no chance of getting ALL the PvP guilds on the same server, as little as getting all the RP guilds on same server, its just impossible. But what we are trying to do is get *most* of them on the server so we can have a competitive server.

"Most of the "RvR" guilds in DAoC liked nothing better than farming lowbies, be they low levels or low realm ranks - the effect was the same."

Most of the RvR guilds farmed newbies because we HAD to, what else could we do? Let them kill us? Every single skilled (I'm not talking about the wannabes forming guilds left and right calling themselves the new l337) guild liked nothing better than to have an awesome 1fg vs 1fg fight with a worthy opponent, actually, if it wasnt for the retarded low RR's there would still be a lot more old players playing. I know for a fact that the feeling amongst guilds like NP, DH, even LA and the groups I used to run with after wiping a bunch of newbies was *not* satisfaction for getting rp's but puzzlement over the fact that how someone can be so utterly SHIT at the game.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I had the same feelings when I saw NP on Prydwen and Camlann and how quickly they left :)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Eleasias said:
There is no chance of getting ALL the PvP guilds on the same server, as little as getting all the RP guilds on same server, its just impossible. But what we are trying to do is get *most* of them on the server so we can have a competitive server.

"Most of the "RvR" guilds in DAoC liked nothing better than farming lowbies, be they low levels or low realm ranks - the effect was the same."

Most of the RvR guilds farmed newbies because we HAD to, what else could we do? Let them kill us? Every single skilled (I'm not talking about the wannabes forming guilds left and right calling themselves the new l337) guild liked nothing better than to have an awesome 1fg vs 1fg fight with a worthy opponent, actually, if it wasnt for the retarded low RR's there would still be a lot more old players playing. I know for a fact that the feeling amongst guilds like NP, DH, even LA and the groups I used to run with after wiping a bunch of newbies was *not* satisfaction for getting rp's but puzzlement over the fact that how someone can be so utterly SHIT at the game.

Problem is people like different things, i allways preffered solo / small grups pvp since it could be quite challening cause you often had fights against superior numbers. The fun for me is when its hard to win, dont even mind loosing aslong as the fight was good :)

Bu not all people like the challenge in the pvp part of the game, not sure why, but because of that you will allways have lots running clueless around even on a pure wow pvp server with no rewards for Pk.

Anyway if we indeed manage to gather a great amout of the dedicated pvp players on one server, i really think it could be a really great server with lots of good fights to be have, Unless all of em pick Horde that is ^^

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Eleasias said:
Most of the RvR guilds farmed newbies because we HAD to

This bit made me laugh, even if taken completely out of the context in which it was said

:D

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
You want to RvR, only enemies out there are newbies, what do you if do you still want to play?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Jonaldo said:
I had the same feelings when I saw NP on Prydwen and Camlann and how quickly they left :)
I never had any personal experience but all records show that NP managed quite well on Pryd.

Frols

Fledgling Freddie
lol

"i had to kill that lowbie! you saw him..he was heading right for us, it was self defence!!"

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Frols said:
lol

"i had to kill that lowbie! you saw him..he was heading right for us, it was self defence!!"
So clueless .. head hurts.

Frols

Fledgling Freddie
Ye im the clueless one, trying to defence lowbie killing.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Except you're all playing horde which completely defeats the point.
If NP or some other "big" guild would play alliance it would be more interesting, but as a noob, or rvr guild or whatever we are counted as, I wouldn't want to be on that server - either as horde or alliance.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Except you're all playing horde which completely defeats the point.
If NP or some other "big" guild would play alliance it would be more interesting, but as a noob, or rvr guild or whatever we are counted as, I wouldn't want to be on that server - either as horde or alliance.

I second that.

I want to play a new game, not Daoc with a different skin, same old guilds farming everyone and dominating, its not what i left Daoc for.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
than why didnt you go somewhere where you could kill just eachother? It wasnt/isnt fun killing the newbies and the newbies most often wont find it fun. So why did you keep doing it(as in making sure you dont run in the same area as they did)?

Xplo

Banned
I'll probably play horde on the servers that most pvp guilds go to, to avoid getting farmed. I just hope it isn't the server where <CoW> is planning to play because thats where I want to be alliance ;<

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
In the beginning horde was very fotm and the population balance is currently skewed in their favour. That said, I rolled my shaman simply from reading the class description on the website and deciding they seemed pretty cool (utility = power).

A lot of guilds nowadays are voicing their support for the alliance and the fotm has swung the other way. I'm actually quite concerned that upon release the horde is going to become severely underpopulated with decent players as everyone ironically tries to avoid being seen as fotm.

Time will tell, I guess. I've only played a few days' worth so far myself so I'm not one to make a decent analysis of the situation, it's simply the way it seems.

It would be a shame to leave my shammy though, it's a fun class. :(

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh the main issue I have with this set up is, as others have said, a lot of the bigger guilds are going Horde (NP, RR, SuN etc). Keeping in mind what they're like in levelling speeds and stuff, you'd have to have equally determined people on the Alliance side. Some of my lot (Fear, only exists on Camlann so far really, done reasonably well), will play WoW. Currently our internal vote is Horde oriented as well (dunno tbh why people like Taurens so much), but we're not nearly the powergamers that some of the other guilds have within them, so we;re not sure if we'd be up to joining a server like this.

But if we did it'd be Alliance, we enjoy playing the underdog (most of are us originally from Hib/Pryd and other underpopulated realms on servers like Lyonesse, Stonehenge, Broceliande etc).

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I for one would love to see most of the so called PvP guilds gather on one server. They could have their fights, and then slag eachother off, screaming nerf etc suitable for age 12 among eachother.

While I actually enjoy the game, in all its shapes (PvP and PvE) somewhere else. Hopefully with a bit more mature discussions about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom