WoW Legion release date

Syri

FH is my second home
The release date is out, 30th of August. So that's another 4 months of Warlords of Draenor to look forward to, for anyone still playing...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nope.

I think the guild I am in, that has been running since early vanilla is pretty much disbanded now thanks to the current expansion. Even in Pandaland it was still 50 odd on most evenings.

Going to see about getting my money back for the expansion. I just cannot be arsed any more. Not sure I like my chances though, bought it as soon as it was available so a while ago.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I've been in the alpha for a long time and it's actually looking pretty good. I still stand by the argument I told my friends months ago that WoD felt like a filler expansion. I know lots of people who has already confirmed that they're coming back. But we'll see. The main problem for me is that I'm (outside of the odd occation I boot up Battlefield 4 or similar) I'm a pure MMO gamer and there's not any other game that seems like a decent alternative.

So in short; I'm optimistic, but we'll see. :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Blizzard also seem unable to stick to the promise they made about no more content gaps, every expansion they promise to have them out quicker and so far they've failed. I also believe even more strongly that people shouldn't have to pay for the expansions, it should be part of the subscription much like EvE Online.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tbh given the state of the WoW server screen atm (pretty much every server reported as low pop) except maybe 5 servers which are medium-high, I would imagine Blizzard are scrambling to make a new MMO. They've been recruiting people for a new Diablo game but I don't think it's an expansion because they've been removing people from the Diablo 3 team for the new Diablo game... I suspect it will be World of Diablo.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Blizzard also seem unable to stick to the promise they made about no more content gaps, every expansion they promise to have them out quicker and so far they've failed. I also believe even more strongly that people shouldn't have to pay for the expansions, it should be part of the subscription much like EvE Online.

It was never a promise. All i've ever heard is that the plan is/was to release one expansion a year, but they have never promised to...

And to be honest i don't think it's possible to release an expansion for a game this size once a year. Even with the massive drops in sub over the years they still have to cater for THE biggest MMO population in the history of online gaming. They need to make content that will keep as many people as possible happy and playing for as long as they can. And i don't think that's possible on a yearly time frame, not when we're expecting those expansions to keep us interested until the next one...

Hell i don't even think monthly or bi-monthly content updates will manage it.

I mean people have pretty much cleared all the previous expansions in less then a month bar the hardest raids and daily reputation grind. That means that Blizzard would for all intents and purposes be forced to release one expansion sized content update a month. :)

Syri

FH is my second home
Expansion patch hits the servers on wednesday, with all of the pre-expansion goodies like the transmog system, and having to re-learn your class from scratch again.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I'm playing on US servers with a friend and having a hoot, looking forward to Legion.

As for server pops, we are on a cluster with like 10 other servers. Seems to be working out fine, low levels are busy, the 60-80 range is busy, only marked drop was when I hit 85, it became much harder to get random dungeon groups, with queues going from less than 10 minutes to waiting over 30 mins for a DPS class.

When I'm on my warrior with my friend's priest though, it's instant, so the wait is for tanks and healers.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Bleh, they reverted all my warlocks demon models back to vanilla suckyness.. :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Disc is finally awesome for levelling.. I'm concerned about dungeon and raid as I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will be ok

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not seen any, only demon specific glyph i found were that one that enabled the demon to equip a random 2h weapon from your inventory.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Logged in. Sorted mods and shit out. Logged out again. After a year away from the game there is still nothing more to do until the expansion.

Pathetic really, I wouldn't even bother if I hadn't already stupidly pre-bought the expansion.

Syri

FH is my second home
I've got all my 100s just collecting garrison resources to exchange for fur, to turn into hexweave bags. I'm also levelling a few more chars, to fill the gaps in my roster, I'm missing hunter, druid and monk at 100 at the moment. Other than that though, not a lot to do... Legion invasion should start in the next couple of weeks though, and around the same time, pre-ordered accounts get access to Demon Hunters, well, the starting experience for them at least.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It was never a promise. All i've ever heard is that the plan is/was to release one expansion a year, but they have never promised to..

Yeah that doesn't really wash for most people, they've said it many times and not promising it doesn't exactly lower the general annoyance over their inability to delivery.

As I also said I believe in reality it is about time they bundled these expansions as part of the subscription, although not likely to happen as long as players are willing to queue up to hand over £35 to get it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah that doesn't really wash for most people, they've said it many times and not promising it doesn't exactly lower the general annoyance over their inability to delivery.
Blizzard can't be held responsible for peoples inability to comprehend simple sentences...

There's a MASSIVE difference in "the plan is to try" and "we promise to"...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yet. If a company states. yeah, the content gap has been horrendous, we promise to not make it so shit in future (pandaland)

And then goes on to deliver the biggest content gap in the history of the game.

You have to ask questions.

While yes, I am sure a bunch of neck beards will defend them, they fucked up bigtime...then took a year to notice.

Syri

FH is my second home
The 9th, demon hunters and invasion starts.
Actually it's the 9th for USA servers, 10th for EU, as they go live after the server maintenance, which is a day later over here :/

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Looking forward to being part of the demon hunter army. I like my DK, but unless things get noticeably better with artifacts, he's getting shelved. The class feels hollow compared to pre Legion patch.

Syri

FH is my second home
I've been levelling a DK, just got into WoD content. I miss some of the skills (playing as frost) but seems a bit smoother to play now than it used to be. The only problem I find is that the damage and self-healing are so inconsistent... Sometimes you tear through everything, grabbing any health you lost straight away with the next kill, and sometimes you just get battered, by the same groups of mobs, and your heal barely moves the health bar. I'm really hoping that will even out a bit later on, although it's not likely to be my main class, so when I'll get to try it at 110 is anyone's guess.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yet. If a company states. yeah, the content gap has been horrendous, we promise to not make it so shit in future (pandaland)

And then goes on to deliver the biggest content gap in the history of the game.

You have to ask questions.

While yes, I am sure a bunch of neck beards will defend them, they fucked up bigtime...then took a year to notice.

Sure, but if the wait was worth it i don't mind so much even if it's frustrating at the time. Also it's not hard to believe that both Pandaria and Warlords got rushed. But whatever the case Blizzard obviously suffered in sub drops. This time they might have thought "fuck it, come hell or high water we're taking however long we need to get it right" as the long term future plans for the game might depend on this to be pretty fucking good. The problem with that then is that they didn't come out and say that the development would take longer.

If that's the case and Legion ends up being yet another piece of toss i don't think there's much they can do to save the situation.

But regardless of what Blizzard may have said or promised, releasing an expansion a year that will keep us interested right up to the next one is impossible intermediate content patches or not. I mean new players clear most of the content the game has to offer now in just a few months. So how big must the expansions and content patches be to last a full year?

I think the only feasible way they can make the content gaps smaller is to make the expansions much harder so we don't progress so fast. They tried that and got such an arse kicking on the forums and in direct loss of subs that they didn't have a choice but to stop..

The bottom line is that Blizzard have spoiled us absolutely rotten, and now they can't get out of the corner they put themselves in... Nothing they do will be enough.

Even if Legion is an absolute masterpiece it won't be enough. All that will achieve is to raise the bar that much higher for the next expansion..

And because we're an ungrateful demanding and unforgiving bunch of twats Blizzard will suffer for it... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom