To All Assassin Classes

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Glottis said:
See hidden is the most crap RA ever invented.
Assasins claiming anything else are just ignorant. Assasins can easily beat an archer class. Archers being able to find assasins seems like a great way to balance the game, and put an end to the massive influx of noob sb/infs/ns's.
You guys feel it is perfectly sensible for you to be able to attack anybody, and that no other class should be able to attack you...
Regards, Glottis
You gotta love people that say "If you dont agree with me youre a fecker" type statements.

Actually SH is probably one of the best RA's ever invented! It was and is still overpowered, it should cost more, about the same as TS and it should be on a timer.

Actually I do feel it is perfectly sensible to attack anybody that I feel I can win against, only a fool would attack something knowing they were going to lose unless it was for the hell of it.

So, there ya have it, its an Ace RA, is it fair, nope, will I spec out of it, nope.

I respecced to SH when it was grossly overpowered for 5 days, it was insane, I got my points back 5 days later with a patch and decided that I would buy it even tho it got nerfed somewhat.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
SH gets you more killed then it helps u. good that its gone soon xD

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Tay said:
Actually SH is probably one of the best RA's ever invented! It was and is still overpowered

oh there are far more better RA's to get first instead SH. and honestly do u need SH to kill a hunter/ranger ? no .. not rly

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
if u actually read what was said about throw shield/desperate bowman, is that they either cant attack at all for 10 seconds, or they cant use bow/used weapon for a longer period of time.

Prisma/Sniper

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
After the release of NF, I'd say that other than the class specific RAs, Infiltrator's, Nightshades and Shadoblades are all but screwed.
Here's why:
-- See Hidden is going. By removing this, we now have only one way to spot the archer classes from a distance - Stealth Lore. This is nice and all...but not everyone is loaded with artifacts, and archers get Stealth Lore too...unbalanced methinks :(
-- TS is having its timer moved from 30 mins to just 15 mins. When archers aren't activating Stealth Lore artifacts, they'll be spamming *click* on TS...
-- With the new "port to any keep you own" system, zergs, such as albs tend to use fairly often, are encouraged. There's no place for assassin classes.

By removing See Hidden, they've completely balls'd the game up for assassins. This may sound really dumb (and probably as if I'm hanging onto some sort of false hope) but if you don't agree with the current RA changes, complain! Do something about it.
RAreview@mythicentertainment.com is the email to comment on the new RA system.

I'm treating all assassin classes as equal here (even if infiltrator's DO get 2.5x spec points per level... ;) ) and I'd like it if assassin classes DID get some sort of See Hidden. Something along the lines of "you need XX stealth in order to get the SH ability", like the new archer multishot abilities (basically, making sure that the leather armour users have absolutely NO chance of running away and hiding some more).

Work with me here. If you've spent many a day /playing on your assassin, but now you're gonna have 2 fingers stuck up to you, and then promptly be crapped upon by Mythic, then we have the right as customers to complain bitterly about making our endangered species more worthwhile again :eek6:

I've given you an email address with which to complain to...use it

OMG, we cant see archars anymore on 1000k range omfg how are we gonna farm em now!!!111

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
noaim said:
He is right tho.
I agree SH is overpowered, do I think anybody is arse for using it? I dont think so...I like being padantic tho..

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
I hope they screw up all stealth classes so only dedicated ppl stays, so useless to play one atm, retarded stealthzergs everwhere, it used to be fun playin a sb, but it isnt anymore, so bring on the nerfs!

Gothika

Fledgling Freddie
SH was one of the worst RA's implemented by Mythic, an 8 point RA that passively negated a full specline used by archers and minstrels was very wrong, obviously assasins loved that RA since it gave them so many free rp's for so long, but it was nice to see the same assasins moan about passive TS.

Wonder how much assasins would moan if archers were given passive poison immunity RA for 8 points....

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
By removing See Hidden, they've completely balls'd the game up for assassins. This may sound really dumb (and probably as if I'm hanging onto some sort of false hope) but if you don't agree with the current RA changes, complain! Do something about it.
RAreview@mythicentertainment.com is the email to comment on the new RA system.

Work with me here. If you've spent many a day /playing on your assassin, but now you're gonna have 2 fingers stuck up to you, and then promptly be crapped upon by Mythic, then we have the right as customers to complain bitterly about making our endangered species more worthwhile again

<plays his little violin just for you>

Try playing a Scout for over a year, where you couldn't even reach AMG alive because of being seen from clipping range while stealthed. Whats the matter, afraid your freshly leveled wtfpwnage class you thought you were getting is gonna have to actually kill other things than enemy archers (easy rps for assassins) and work for the points they get? Bet you can't even remember a time when assassins didn't have See Hidden can you.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
to original poster:

unlike you i have played a 50 toaed ns in NF and found that there is a lot of room for assasin chars, infact some might even be slightly more overpowered now than before.

For example, using vanish and/or a pbae mezz poison (overpowered poison in my view tbh) an assasin is able to take out 1 person in a zerg of over 50 who are seiging a keep and get away with it.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Tootz said:
<plays his little violin just for you>

Try playing a Scout for over a year, where you couldn't even reach AMG alive because of being seen from clipping range while stealthed. Whats the matter, afraid your freshly leveled wtfpwnage class you thought you were getting is gonna have to actually kill other things than enemy archers (easy rps for assassins) and work for the points they get? Bet you can't even remember a time when assassins didn't have See Hidden can you.
I remember being killed by Clicc (sp?) and Zilly a long time ago and never seeing where they even were...I didnt think that was fair.

Its swings and roundabouts tbh.

Everybody at sometime or another has seen thier chars nerfed (Sorry, brought into line) archers perhaps moreso but that is subjective.

As I stated, SH is a great RA, but its unfair, its too cheap and its overpowered.

Maybe archer classes need more utility in other spec lines instead of stealth, perhaps this is where Mythic view the current situation.

Assassins are pretty stuffed without PA or a "from stealth" opener, archers can do everything they need from non stealth without the obvious "you cant see me bit", would archers be happier with better Dual wield defence or higher melee dmg output? instead of speccing in stealth?

Would Archers fancy thier chances more with less stealth but more dmg or def?

Varg

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
SH gets you more killed then it helps u. good that its gone soon xD

Hehe I agree on that one Wittor, sometimes you even fall into SH traps b/c you are so bored you rather go into the trap then just do nothing for 10m again :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tay said:
Actually I do feel it is perfectly sensible to attack anybody that I feel I can win against, only a fool would attack something knowing they were going to lose unless it was for the hell of it.

The problem is the other side of it: An archer has 0 chance of finding an assassin earlier (unless he uses Truesight atm) and in melee little chance of beating the assassin. Now add the fact an assassin can find an archer way easier (Detect Hidden, See Hidden, etc) and you understand whats wrong with it. Its giving the already stronger class in that situation an even bigger headstart.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Imho SH/TS and Camo as it is working now, is the best combination Mythic have come up with so far. The detection range has been nerfed and are imo down to a decent lvl. Claiming that the SH renders the hole stealth specline down the drain for said classes, is biazed and wrong. You still have stealth protection from 95%+ of those ppl you meet in RvR, in addition there are _many_ that could have picked SH that do not have the RA, cuz they need other RA's first. In addition, said classes have gotten FZ, that in many occation can only be described as over-fucking-powered. That is before we're talking IP, AP, SoS, TS, stunn, mezz etc, thus I think it is only fair that assassins can have utility like SH (as it is work now), just as detect hidden was planned in the first place.

I think it is too early to tell what will come in NF, as there are bound to be some changes along the way. I think it will be possible f.eks to 1-2-3 shoot casters inside a zerg/grp and use vannish to get away, imho in line with what I expected from an assassin class.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
When i used to play assain and heard people saying things like "assasin fuck up the game" etc i thought,do they shite etc etc

Now try playing a caster or ANY other class and you'll realise good bye too stealthers is one hell off a good thing.Altho i can understand stealthers have still put in the same amount off time and effort on leveling and getting artifacts and such(more time and effort i would say) So its not really fair but there are too many and there all elite 14 year old pwnage zerglings....QQ and reroll hib! :p

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Puppet said:
The problem is the other side of it: An archer has 0 chance of finding an assassin earlier (unless he uses Truesight atm) and in melee little chance of beating the assassin. Now add the fact an assassin can find an archer way easier (Detect Hidden, See Hidden, etc) and you understand whats wrong with it. Its giving the already stronger class in that situation an even bigger headstart.
SH debate is a moot point tbh, everybody knows in thier heart its overpowered, I wonder how the archer population would feel if thier numbers were bolstered somewhat, it certainly seems that one issue here is the sheer number of assassin class stealthers, changes might force some of them underground, I wont personally because I like mine.

As Wittor already said SH gets you into plenty of trouble, I rarely see many solo hunters/rangers these days.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
behatch said:
When i used to play assain and heard people saying things like "assasin fuck up the game" etc i thought,do they shite etc etc

Now try playing a caster or ANY other class and you'll realise good bye too stealthers is one hell off a good thing.Altho i can understand stealthers have still put in the same amount off time and effort on leveling and getting artifacts and such(more time and effort i would say) So its not really fair but there are too many and there all elite 14 year old pwnage zerglings....QQ and reroll hib! :p
I have a combination of classes, I have a necro, cabi & Ice Wiz as my lvl50 caster they all rock in one way or another thats why I have them, I have a arms, infil and a Cleric and beside the Infil they suck.

Getting rid of stealthers in not an option, Varg took my head off the other day, never been hit so hard ingame before, but 1-2 hrs later I tore him a new one, sure it was a waste of VP but damn was it fun :)

Stealthers offer balance whether people want to see it or not, mostly they live in thier own Stealth vs Stealth world but FG rarely show them any consideration then all we hear is that the game would be better off without them...lol

If it were not for stealthers there would be a million icewizzies, or Chanters or SM's or whatever....I think I prefer to be PA'd than suffer constant amnesia and chain casted mez/root/stun/dot/whatever.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
-- See Hidden is going. By removing this, we now have only one way to spot the archer classes from a distance - Stealth Lore. This is nice and all...but not everyone is loaded with artifacts, and archers get Stealth Lore too...unbalanced methinks

boo fooking hooooo

Why do you think this is bad. your looking at the smaller picture. ofc its fooking bad for your class but it doesnt mean its wrong.

you would have been wtf rerolling faster then speedhacking skald had the passive TS change gone in. That would give you a rough indicator how fooking w$%k it is having any kind of stealth detection in daoc. Imagine if you had had archers seeing you from clip range for 6 months then from like 1000+ish post SH nerf for another year.

your fotm ass would have quit the game. The stealth changes going in on NF are about as balanced as you can get really. Your fooking lucky that assasins fotm whine is so fooking huge you didnt have to put up with what archers had for 2 years in the form of a massivly expensive (30 points!!) 1000 (or less) TS3)

aussie hit da nail on the head.

Go re-roll a hunter.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Got bored reading 1st post, fell asleep reading same old same replys.

Anyone break it down in a quick simple explenation?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aussie said:
Name: Gasoline WubsYou <Brotherhood of Midgard> Race: Kobold Class: Shadowblade Level: 50 RP: 249,498 (RR4L1) Last Week: 9,234 Realm: Midgard

you seem so expierenced and active to judge about that :m00:

omg your so leet, or maybe not, maybe your just another amg camper who adds on any fight that happens to be near amg and has far to much spare time on your hands.

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
SH debate is a moot point tbh, everybody knows in thier heart its overpowered

Like I mentioned earlier, if it was a stealth-based ability, not a RA, it would balance it out. I agree, it is an overpowered ability, but by removing it completely from an assassin's 'arsenal' of abilities, they're going to suffer somewhat.

Solution -- you have to spec high in stealth in order to get it, and IMO the range shouldn't be as large as it currently is. It's like Detect Hidden, except slightly better :)

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
Like I mentioned earlier, if it was a stealth-based ability, not a RA, it would balance it out. I agree, it is an overpowered ability, but by removing it completely from an assassin's 'arsenal' of abilities, they're going to suffer somewhat.

Solution -- you have to spec high in stealth in order to get it, and IMO the range shouldn't be as large as it currently is. It's like Detect Hidden, except slightly better :)

WHY should you be able to spot the archer that easy? What happened to the hunt? There's no hunt involved in what you describe. It's like shopping in a mall. The assassins are already superior in melee fights and there is no REASON to add even better detection against archers.

Do you feel you need it to be balanced in a typical assassin vs archer fight? (Dear God, please don't say you do. ;))

Helme

Resident Freddy
Personally i think this is an nice change. Puts Archers/Assasins on an more even board which in the end is prolly gonna be more fun. And gasoline.. I WAS FIRST WITH THAT LASTNAME WUBSYOU FUCKING COPYCAT ;D

Snakester

Fledgling Freddie
behatch said:

i think caster's are overpowerd 2-3 shotting my inf, get rid of caster's imo.

see we can all say that about other classe's. yeah stealthers add on fg's/zerg's .
but u gonna tell me u have never added on 2 stealther's fighting? :)

all classe's are fun to play in the right situation,ppl who want a class deleted should delete there own char's and go play in a care bear game. :touch:

Gothika

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
Lik but by removing it completely from an assassin's 'arsenal' of abilities, they're going to suffer somewhat.
Or do you mean the assasins that relied on SH so much will suffer? any assasin that plays his class well wouldn't need SH to kill archers. Its great to see assasins that excel in melee whine about not being about to hit archers in melee without the archer knowing the assasin is there. Gasoline imho is a joke.

Gasoline said:
MoS is balanaced now imho, if you wanna see archers you spec its, if you wanna spec melee you don't, its one or the other, i myself will spec high MoS.

ztyx

Fledgling Freddie
I think See Hidden and True Sight should never have entered the game. So I'm glad they are both gone now. But still camouflage remains... but what the heck. It's not like archers got camo up all the time. Detect Hidden is enough imo.

I vote for removal of both and have written Mythic about it :)

btw
-- TS is having its timer moved from 30 mins to just 15 mins. When archers aren'-- TS is having its timer moved from 30 mins to just 15 mins. When archers aren't activating Stealth Lore artifacts, they'll be spamming *click* on TS...
t activating Stealth Lore artifacts, they'll be spamming *click* on TS...

I though TS was removed in another test patch a while ago.

And with the arrival of Vanish I think assasin will do even a more fun class to play than before - I even think vanish should get nerfed a bit... say you mush use while u have at least 50% of your hit points left.

MoS in NF sounds far better than the earlier stuff, just add that specing stealth +50 counts better :)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Tay said:
Getting rid of stealthers in not an option, Varg took my head off the other day, never been hit so hard ingame before,
Join the club. Last two days ive met him twice. Each time he's pwned me hard. Think if I remember he critted on me for around 1150 dmg on the first encounter with his legendary weap:puke: . I just tend to avoid him like the plague now as theres hardly much I can do against that kinda dmg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom