To All Assassin Classes

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
After the release of NF, I'd say that other than the class specific RAs, Infiltrator's, Nightshades and Shadoblades are all but screwed.
Here's why:
-- See Hidden is going. By removing this, we now have only one way to spot the archer classes from a distance - Stealth Lore. This is nice and all...but not everyone is loaded with artifacts, and archers get Stealth Lore too...unbalanced methinks :(
-- TS is having its timer moved from 30 mins to just 15 mins. When archers aren't activating Stealth Lore artifacts, they'll be spamming *click* on TS...
-- With the new "port to any keep you own" system, zergs, such as albs tend to use fairly often, are encouraged. There's no place for assassin classes.

By removing See Hidden, they've completely balls'd the game up for assassins. This may sound really dumb (and probably as if I'm hanging onto some sort of false hope) but if you don't agree with the current RA changes, complain! Do something about it.
RAreview@mythicentertainment.com is the email to comment on the new RA system.

I'm treating all assassin classes as equal here (even if infiltrator's DO get 2.5x spec points per level... ;) ) and I'd like it if assassin classes DID get some sort of See Hidden. Something along the lines of "you need XX stealth in order to get the SH ability", like the new archer multishot abilities (basically, making sure that the leather armour users have absolutely NO chance of running away and hiding some more).

Work with me here. If you've spent many a day /playing on your assassin, but now you're gonna have 2 fingers stuck up to you, and then promptly be crapped upon by Mythic, then we have the right as customers to complain bitterly about making our endangered species more worthwhile again :eek6:

I've given you an email address with which to complain to...use it

Aussie

Banned
Name: Gasoline WubsYou <Brotherhood of Midgard> Race: Kobold Class: Shadowblade Level: 50 RP: 249,498 (RR4L1) Last Week: 9,234 Realm: Midgard

you seem so expierenced and active to judge about that :m00:

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh, I find it very likely that you're right, and I agree with most of your points (altho, with the insta-teleport thing, it won't only be the zerg using it, but also soloers/small groups, who wants to get to where the action happens, those exact same people as assassins tends to prey upon currently).

Good luck convincing Mythic to throw a bone to assassins.

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
you seem so expierenced and active to judge about that

Hey, Aussie...I'm sorry that you're resentful about having lost your strength relic again, and if you were dumb enough to take offense at what I was saying last week, then I'm sorry for that too...
If you're just gonna point at someone with less RPs than you, and then comment on their ability, then I can't wait to catch you by surprise...2h Critblades are rare, but good fun when given the opportunity.
And just cos you haven't seen my name in Emain, doesn't mean I'm inexperienced.

Oh, btw...I'm also sorry to hear that an afk troll guard bot outsmarted you and your relic raiding squad...

Dalus Carosu

Fledgling Freddie
Lol Aussie you damn Noob how can you judge someone bacause of the RR they are or how much RP they have? The only thing it say it how long a player have invested in playing this game dont mean a damn thing they still can play worse or be more clueless then a rr2 :)

legar

Loyal Freddie
===
There's no place for assassin classes.
===

How can you, before even played 1 single minute in the new frontiers say that there is no place for assasin classes ??

There are countless chokepoints to boats, bridges etc etc etc where you can hang out and camp.

:clap:

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
i tryed to send em a e-mail mate, cause i want to be able to keep on playing my SB :)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Aussie said:
Name: Gasoline WubsYou <Brotherhood of Midgard> Race: Kobold Class: Shadowblade Level: 50 RP: 249,498 (RR4L1) Last Week: 9,234 Realm: Midgard

you seem so expierenced and active to judge about that :m00:
I would say then according to ur "rules" that i may be qualified to say something then...

His point is well said. Honestly, SH (at least pre-nerf) was overpwred, and in the hands of "lamers" (such as myself running in fg killing stealthers) i agree that must have been very very annoying. The "nerfed" SH was in order, but maybe also a bit more annoying than intended. Archers tho had 30 min TS timer to counter a bit for that, but aye... not much!

His idea about only allowing having SH at some Stealth-level (e.g. 40 or 45) sounds to me very very reasonable.

But ofc Aussie. Ur too stupid to see being ur on nose and actually give some "qualified" critisism (prolly wrongly spelled, sry!). No need to "kill" a class becuz archers r top wajners.

IMO!

legar

Loyal Freddie
the ghost merchant towns will be great new "milegates" btw :)

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
hmm...Thought I read this in some patch archive...

- The True Sight realm ability has been removed. Characters with this realm ability will have the ability stripped and the realm skill points refunded upon login.

Instead of SH you can put points into MoS to get better detection of Minstrel,Ranger,Scout and Hunter. Archers can counter this with camo and speccing MoS, but we have DH and will spot first. From what I read MoS does not work on detection others that have DH, ei. the same as i works now with SH.

Imho SL is overrated, so I would not worry about it.

Lusche

Fledgling Freddie
Lets simply say its getting harder with NF and not whine before we get our own hands on it, will we ?

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
By removing See Hidden, they've completely balls'd the game up for assassins.

Oh yeah... how DARE they take away an ability that negates a complete specline... FFS.. i mean.. Scouts SHOULD be your guaranteed free RPs, right?

Gasoline said:
-- TS is having its timer moved from 30 mins to just 15 mins. When archers aren't activating Stealth Lore artifacts, they'll be spamming *click* on TS...
errrr... what u talkin about??

Gasoline said:
After the release of NF, I'd say that other than the class specific RAs, Infiltrator's, Nightshades and Shadoblades are all but screwed.

ehem... Vanish?.... Viper?

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie

I have been kinda sleeping thru all this shit about NF...

Does Minstrels be able to spec MoS or what? :eek:

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Arawn said:
I have been kinda sleeping thru all this shit about NF...

Does Minstrels be able to spec MoS or what? :eek:

Nope Buuromir, you are fucked^^

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie
umm you serious or what?

Why the fuck dont they give MoS to minstrels ?

poor class who need a push in the back to survive :(

Gothika

Fledgling Freddie
Mastery of stealth is available to assasins and archers, this enables both classes to see each other at a greater distance depending on how many points invested, as i understand it they dont negate each other either but camo does negate MoS. If the assasin and archer have equal points invested in MoS the assasin will see the archer first if camo is down due to detect hidden.

Oh and lol at gasoline whining about archers not being his free rp's, i remember a similar whine from meduza when see-hidden was reduced.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Gothika said:
Mastery of stealth is available to assasins and archers, this enables both classes to see each other at a greater distance depending on how many points invested, as i understand it they dont negate each other either but camo does negate MoS. If the assasin and archer have equal points invested in MoS the assasin will see the archer first if camo is down due to detect hidden.

That what i thought, but thier may have been a change

New Ra chart type thing

Check out MoS and Truesight, defo change to MoS

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Tiki said:

New Ra chart type thing

That chart hasent been updated for ages... hope they do so soon tho, caus theres been a lot of changes meanwhile...

Gothika

Fledgling Freddie
Tiki said:

New Ra chart type thing

From Mackey on the Critshot forums, no changes have been made to MoS after this as far as i know, if they have please leave a link so i can look :)

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Here is how the current MoS is intended to work. Remember that the reason these changes are placed on Pendragon is so that people can test them out and provide us with feedback.

- MoS adds stealth movement speed and stealth detection range.

- Detect Hidden will provide assassins with a slight advantage over archers with all else being equal. (125 extra units assuming both are the same level with the same level of modified stealth and the same level of MoS)

- MoS does NOT reduce your visibility to an enemy. Therefor, levels of MoS do not cancel each other out. (A MoS 5 archer will see an MoS 5 assassin at the same time he'd see an MoS 1 assassin)

- Camo negates enemies' MoS bonuses. (An archer with camo will be seen by an MoS 5 assassin at the same range as an assassin with no MoS at all)

- MoS will not allow assassins to see other assassins at increased range. (this is to avoid breaking the assassin on assassin cat and mouse game)

I hope that helps clarify things a little more.[/font]

This will help balance out the assasin and archer stealth issues which have seen assasins have huge advantages over archers for the past 2 years.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Gothika said:
From Mackey on the Critshot forums, no changes have been made to MoS after this as far as i know, if they have please leave a link so i can look :)

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Here is how the current MoS is intended to work. Remember that the reason these changes are placed on Pendragon is so that people can test them out and provide us with feedback.

- MoS adds stealth movement speed and stealth detection range.

- Detect Hidden will provide assassins with a slight advantage over archers with all else being equal. (125 extra units assuming both are the same level with the same level of modified stealth and the same level of MoS)

- MoS does NOT reduce your visibility to an enemy. Therefor, levels of MoS do not cancel each other out. (A MoS 5 archer will see an MoS 5 assassin at the same time he'd see an MoS 1 assassin)

- Camo negates enemies' MoS bonuses. (An archer with camo will be seen by an MoS 5 assassin at the same range as an assassin with no MoS at all)

- MoS will not allow assassins to see other assassins at increased range. (this is to avoid breaking the assassin on assassin cat and mouse game)

I hope that helps clarify things a little more.[/font]

This will help balance out the assasin and archer stealth issues which have seen assasins have huge advantages over archers for the past 2 years.

Ah thx, that looks pretty good actually

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
I'm treating all assassin classes as equal here (even if infiltrator's DO get 2.5x spec points per level... ;) )

and SBs get more HP
and NS get DDs

etc they have there specialitys :touch:

Varg

Fledgling Freddie
See hidden as in game is overpowered imo; in the sence it gives the assassin a huge detection radius, but not overpowered in the sence that archers has it soo much easier earning RPs, as they can unload at range.
Thus it might be inline that assassins have the upper hand, stealth-wise.

The new system looks more balanced assassin vs archer wise; archers who have the time to put into it have their Belowed storm of Zephyr and assassins will have some new toys that probably will be very useful, e.g. vanish, time will tell how balanced NF will be.

One little scenario that shows that archers in general and more secifically scouts will be more dangerous to assassins is what MoS+Camo will mean: shield stun in back, crit shot, zephyr, shot shot shot :p - that ability will be up every 10m, and comes at the cost of not attacking in that time, really more of an assassin behavior pattern :p

Snakester

Fledgling Freddie
as someone who has seen both side's, ie a scout and a sh abusing inf ...

i think it's only fair, if u spec in stealth every class should have the same chance at detection which is linked to your base spec in stealth.
another good thing to be said on this matter is, change's happen, adapt and keep on playing, if u keep on playing a char that u deem nerfed, becos something was overpowerd and taken away u can only get better at it.

remember when assasin classe's had IP too, now that was overpowerd!

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:

See hidden is the most crap RA ever invented.
Assasins claiming anything else are just ignorant. Assasins can easily beat an archer class. Archers being able to find assasins seems like a great way to balance the game, and put an end to the massive influx of noob sb/infs/ns's.
You guys feel it is perfectly sensible for you to be able to attack anybody, and that no other class should be able to attack you...
Regards, Glottis

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Dalus Carosu said:
Lol Aussie you damn Noob how can you judge someone bacause of the RR they are or how much RP they have? The only thing it say it how long a player have invested in playing this game dont mean a damn thing they still can play worse or be more clueless then a rr2 :)
I rarely agree with Aussie, but in this instance there are quite a few things in his favour.

1. We dont have NF so unless you are currently playing in NF atm then us sending comments about a system we do not have yet would be simply rediculous.

I prefer to play my chars myself than let some Ign fool tell me what I should have or otherwise and I'll do the same for my Infil's RA, I dont know what I'm going to buy yet because I have not yet seen NF.

2. I would rather listen to somebody that has a massive amount of RP's to spend and has probably tested/had lots of differant ones then somebody that doesnt have many RP's to test.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
With the new "port to any keep you own" system, zergs, such as albs tend to use fairly often

Seems that the "lets jump on the Alb is the only zerggers" bandwagon is strong in this one. Every realm does it bub, live with it. Just cos you get outnumbered ervery now and again does not mean a fairly often used attack pattern. I have been killed from single, duos,fgs and steamrollered by "zergs" in this game. All i do is /release and go somewhere else. My first port of call is not FH to do a 1000 word essay on Stoopid Zerglingmofos. And, before you start saying that you never complained..i know, but you did jump on the bandwagon. Just as bad in my books. And, as for NF....what ever comes with it will be taken on board, digested and eventually taken notice of. It's like complaining about the faults in a car you maybe getting next year. Pretty pointless until you have it and see it for the good, and the bad it can do. My main is an armsman...how much nerfing can they do to them now ???...prolly end up wearing leather and trying to hit things with a branch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom