To All Assassin Classes

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
After the release of NF, I'd say that other than the class specific RAs, Infiltrator's, Nightshades and Shadoblades are all but screwed.
Here's why:
-- See Hidden is going. By removing this, we now have only one way to spot the archer classes from a distance - Stealth Lore. This is nice and all...but not everyone is loaded with artifacts, and archers get Stealth Lore too...unbalanced methinks :(
-- TS is having its timer moved from 30 mins to just 15 mins. When archers aren't activating Stealth Lore artifacts, they'll be spamming *click* on TS...
-- With the new "port to any keep you own" system, zergs, such as albs tend to use fairly often, are encouraged. There's no place for assassin classes.

By removing See Hidden, they've completely balls'd the game up for assassins. This may sound really dumb (and probably as if I'm hanging onto some sort of false hope) but if you don't agree with the current RA changes, complain! Do something about it.
RAreview@mythicentertainment.com is the email to comment on the new RA system.

I'm treating all assassin classes as equal here (even if infiltrator's DO get 2.5x spec points per level... ;) ) and I'd like it if assassin classes DID get some sort of See Hidden. Something along the lines of "you need XX stealth in order to get the SH ability", like the new archer multishot abilities (basically, making sure that the leather armour users have absolutely NO chance of running away and hiding some more).

Work with me here. If you've spent many a day /playing on your assassin, but now you're gonna have 2 fingers stuck up to you, and then promptly be crapped upon by Mythic, then we have the right as customers to complain bitterly about making our endangered species more worthwhile again :eek6:

I've given you an email address with which to complain to...use it

SH only way you can get rps?

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
SH only way you can get rps?

No...being a 2h-critblade that can't stand Emain one little bit, I normally take down light tanks (sometimes heavy tanks if I can get the buffs...no BB) or casters...

SH is more of a defense mechanism for me...If i see a scout, I can normally predict there's a small gathering of infils using him as bait (whether he knows it or not)...if that's the case, i steer clear...
On the other hand, if it's a ranger, I can only guess at whether there's something else there or not...

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Gasoline said:
No...being a 2h-critblade that can't stand Emain one little bit, I normally take down light tanks (sometimes heavy tanks if I can get the buffs...no BB) or casters...

SH is more of a defense mechanism for me...If i see a scout, I can normally predict there's a small gathering of infils using him as bait (whether he knows it or not)...if that's the case, i steer clear...
On the other hand, if it's a ranger, I can only guess at whether there's something else there or not...

I can say the same... tho I don't stand a chance vs an assasin front on "atm", where does that put me, easy rp farming for you? cause you can see me inc, when I've not clue.

-- See Hidden is going. By removing this, we now have only one way to spot the archer classes from a distance - Stealth Lore. This is nice and all...but not everyone is loaded with artifacts, and archers get Stealth Lore too...unbalanced methinks

Having only stealth lore would clear up the whole archer/assasin whines imo, and its more balanced as both have access to SL.

Rather it be completely the same or not at all, after all, all rogues spend roughly the same amount of points in the same line, Stealth.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Appollo said:
Got bored reading 1st post, fell asleep reading same old same replys.

Anyone break it down in a quick simple explenation?
The guy think Stealthers are fecked in NF

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Gasoline said:
Like I mentioned earlier, if it was a stealth-based ability, not a RA, it would balance it out. I agree, it is an overpowered ability, but by removing it completely from an assassin's 'arsenal' of abilities, they're going to suffer somewhat.

Solution -- you have to spec high in stealth in order to get it, and IMO the range shouldn't be as large as it currently is. It's like Detect Hidden, except slightly better :)
So if Scouts spec high enough in stealth can they have SH or a archer version that lets them see Assasins?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Skaven said:
Join the club. Last two days ive met him twice. Each time he's pwned me hard. Think if I remember he critted on me for around 1150 dmg on the first encounter with his legendary weap:puke: . I just tend to avoid him like the plague now as theres hardly much I can do against that kinda dmg.
I think he hit me for 1300 or so, I expect to see my ice wiz in screenshots soon <boo hiss> - If I hadnt been fully buffed it would haveen a 1 shotter :(

But I'll post mine of him being VP'd for over 600 and begging for mercy :)

ok I made that last bit up but he probably would have done if I hadnt vapourised him.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
I've actually played New Frontiers on Pendragon and believe me, there's LOTS of action for asassins!

Camping at supply line breaches is the most interesting one.

Mrmuscle

Banned
Methos said:
I've actually played New Frontiers on Pendragon and believe me, there's LOTS of action for asassins!

Camping at supply line breaches is the most interesting one.

Did you get a hernia camping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom