Tips Please!

T

Trem

Since BW went p2p it has become obvious that I am pretty cack at CS. Where do you aim to get so many headshots? Do you aim where people are running to or where people are at? Its really getting me down at the minute and I don't think my ego can take it much more:(

W

Will

I aim for the throat and head, especially with an MP5, where you need the headshots. I'd have to really watch you play to be able to offer much helpful advice.

T

throdgrain

Its true innit. Since we went p2p BW has become so good we are actually in danger of scaring off any new recruits as it were. I dont consider myself a very good cs player tbh, I just like the game, but on regular pubbys out there in the wide world I generally do pretty well. On bw I dont mind admitting I am mediocre at best :) Tremor I reckon your a good player m8, dont get so hard on yourself :)
I played on my sons pc at cs last night btw, with a modem, and interstingly I didnt find the modem thing as big a problem as the fact that im used to playing at 1024-768 on a 19 inch monitor, and instead i was at 800-600 on a 17 inch. That and the controls / settings all bing different.

T

Trem

Awww thanks Throddy but I am not good tbh, I try and try and I cant kill people as easily as some of these players out there, I mean when I'm dead I watch Jobs and he seems to aim above the heads(I dunno whether thats just the 1st person view being borked though), I wanna be 1337 :(

O

old.D0LLySh33p

You is 1337 m8y :)

But like moppy said... just use a bot :)

Tis true. I have photos!!!

T

throdgrain

I do know what you mean though m8, Adz dont need an awp the way hes playing atm, ak or colt , whatever, he sees you , and your dead.
I may have to set Mider on him :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

But seriously... moppy does use a bot.

I can't comment :( Me a n00b.

C

charl8tan

I aim at various spots depending on the amount of shots I'm doing...sometime I'm aiming below their feet and I get a heddy :eek:
As for jobs aiming above their heads and gettin em thats just his no-recoil :p

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Heh. Jobs has what is known as 'burst fire' syndrome so it 'APPEARS' I'm firing above their heads. Infact, I'm actually aiming at the little bugger's willy.

Trems why don't you just learn the quick way of becoming 1337 and that's spraying and moving the mouse down to counteract recoil?

T

Tom

Try firing your gun (ak or colt) at 1/2 second intervals when sniping somebody with it. It's more accurate than burst fire at that range.

T

Trem

Hmmm its like some people are natural at it(Jobs, Pitt etc), and some people just practice real hard(Dolls, fudgemonkey and *gasp* Super Gray)either way these people are really good at the game, I used to kick SG's arse at CS now he just wastes me, I always used to enjoy it when Jobs entered the server, now I just pray hes on my side, ah well at least I'm good at BF and I hope to god I dont go off CS because its all I've done at nights for a year now and its very much part of my out-of-work life. I wanna just stay on BW servers and get better, rather than going onto Jolt at nights:(

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I never practice real hard. I use the special relaxant of much, much, much weed.

Adz will always be poo!

And don't go to Jolt Trems :(

S

S-Gray

You may not be as "Good as you use too", well i dont think anyone is (Unless as you say, your Jobbie etc).

Your Scores are usually Stable, so you may get a ratio of somethin like 1:3 but there is plenty of time to improve.

All you do is watch a Player you are interested in, and check out his Tecnique, where he camps, how he shoots, what gun he uses all that, then you will start to build up more confidence in yourself.

Obviously if you play poor in a Game, dont go that same way, otherwise your just gonna drop like you did the previous rounds, that way you may pick off a less "skilled" player than yourself.

T

throdgrain

Or.... you could always just hide somewhere very dark till most people are dead then shoot the remainder from a long distance.
Or... run a little way behind your team mates , wait for them to have a firefight then come in and mop up after.
Err :)
Maybe not ... :)

U

urz

It is a fair point raised above regarding the standard.

I am totally new to online games, having been a keen games player in my youth am now coming back, and found the idea of playing online against real opponents interesting.

Having dabbled a bit, (and joined BW) I have found the standard high, and more importantly, very difficult to achieve.

Most things you do in life, you start small and practice, unfortunately (and I may be missing something here) BW does not really afford you that luxury. When you join a game with experienced players you are dead before you start. Now I am a bloody minded sod, so will probably keep going, but if BW is to succeed as P2P, maybe there should a 'training ground' or (probably the wrong word) a 'nursery'

W

Will

Wow, new poster in "sensible point" shocker.

The problem is, begineer servers don't really work. Look at uk2, their begineers servers are just full of people racing to get banned.

U

urz

Fair point Itcheh, but surely if BW is P2P then getting banned is the last thing people will want to do.

(Hope you are impressed with the speed with which I have picked up the acronyms )

T

throdgrain

Welcome aboard Urz :) Its true going on BW at the moment can be a nasty experience for the un initiated. Dont listen to Tremor, he can play bloody well, yet sometimes like all of us he struggles against some people. My advice to you m8 is just to get in there and enjoy yourself, thats what its all about. Dont expect to get 20+ scores atm, its just not going to happen :) Just play as well as you can, and a lot of people pick it up dead easy.

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by Itcheh
The problem is, begineer servers don't really work. Look at uk2, their begineers servers are just full of people racing to get banned.

heh d'oh ;)

T

throdgrain

DoD's great innit ? I think.... err o sorry Ill shut up before I get told to ! :)

J

James-

It is throd, and unless KEA start getting more DOD members I'm going to have to find my fix for league games elsewhere :(

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Originally posted by throdgrain
Or.... you could always just hide somewhere very dark till most people are dead then shoot the remainder from a long distance.
Or... run a little way behind your team mates , wait for them to have a firefight then come in and mop up after.
Err :)
Maybe not ... :)

That is so a jibe at me isn't it :(

Not my fault I is the original campster.

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by James-
It is throd, and unless KEA start getting more DOD members I'm going to have to find my fix for league games elsewhere :(
I know its a bit slow getting off the ground, but I cant play atm so no pimping. Basically I need to get Tremor to play for a week, he is teh uber-pimp0r ! :D

C

charl8tan

Hmmz...I'd say natural talent helps but even those people with it learn a lot whilst playing and even though they don't think about what they're doing everything is done on instincts....me being a dizzy blonde tart can't explain it very well but tbh when I'm playing I don't use meh brain (I'm not saying I use it at any other time either tbh), I just react to the situation around me....it's why I don't like being told by teammates to "go there", "go here", "stick it up me bum"....cos I don't like thinking cos when that starts I start dyin a helluva lot.
I think you're better than gray trem...I mean I can bugger him whilst I'm in software mode at range...;)

T

Trem

Wow thanks Charly(I aren't though), it is all a confidence thing I think, I have no self esteem at all, I know its only a game and all but it sure kicks you in the tits when you cant kill no one. I may start "smoking" again to see if that helps, although if I remember correctly I just laugh at everything and can't really see straight. I agree with your not thinking as well Charly, perhaps why I don't do well in clan games, I would much rather go where I want to go.

Right I tell you what Throdster, I'm gonna play DoD on the nights when I'm sucking at CS(every night it is then), and I'm gonna get you some new members if it kills me, I hope you realise what a sacrifice this is seeing as I hate the game;) , and if the worst comes to the worst some of us CS dudes will have to fill in on the DoD team so that you can have some matches.
Tell TT to sort a match out asap and we will sort summat matey.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Hey trems, have been wracking my brain to help ya.

How's about this (and I'm not taking the piss m8y)...

1) Avoid major firefights.

2) Find a gun you are reasonably good at (ak-47/m4/sig/steyr).

3) Try and find a lone target.

4) Use said weapon a lot and learn it's spread, etc.

5) Ignore what peeps say about the 'randomness' of bullets, etc. It's a psychological advantage - I used to know, my spray and pray method is pantzzz, but because I was so used to it, I expected to always come out on top with at least 75% of health from a one on one situation (unless it was Jobs or Shockwave, Moppy, Cueball, Z3ro, etc.) in which then I'd just kinda hope I'd win.

6) Once you're confident, then you'll find the kills coming easier. I know for a fact that with Adz, yeah, the bugger has great aim, etc., but his confidence factor is to the MAX. It's just getting to this state of mind that is the hard part. Get into a repetition when firing, etc. Know when the recoil is getting silly, know your ammo count, automatically aim for upper body.

7) Once you're reasonably happy with aim, etc., then try fighting multiple targets. Use your surroundings to your advantage. Know where and when you're liable to involve yourself in a firefight.

8) Know choke points, where peeps are liable to be coming from. I don't care how good a peep is, if you're waiting there with your gun pointed at their head/chest, they're gonna be dead. Jobs does that a lot, Adz ALWAYS lines his freaking gun up in readiness. That was my main way of getting kills against 'better' players. Sure, they know you're there. But You'll get the first shot in - heh, Jobs, the amount of times I nailed you in my 'silly' spots.

9) Use sound. Headphones, whatever takes your fancy. Learn to guage how far away someone is, from their steps, gun fire, after a while you'll be able to predict when they'll be coming round the corner. Start firing before they appear on screen. Jobs does THAT A LOT THE BASTARD.

10) Be a good 'wingman'. Yeah, it's great to be a lonewolf, but having someone else around is better. For one, they'll be a target, not you. Twice the firepower is always better too, etc.

11) Know when you should camp and when you should move. Know where peeps go to, round after round, game after game.

12) If someone on your radar disappears - he's dead. Obvious thing really. But so many peeps never seem to notice. Then they complain "FFS, he shot me from behind... where was my back up?"...

"Well, um... your back up was behind you. They died. Hence, wouldn't it be reasonable to predict you'll be next unless you do something about it?"

I think I was always real good at that. The amount of times I used to be called a wallhack cos I avoided an ambush or laid my own... like on Italy in the market square in the spot Jobs loves (behind painting)... Come on... common sense dictates that if no T's show up on through tunnel of death or middle bit they'll be coming from the left/house and hence through spawn to market...

13) And if all else fails? D/L OGC :) Hee hee.

T

Trem

What a fantastic post Dolls, thanks alot, I do alot of that stuff it would just appear I'm no good at it:(, theres a lot of interesting points in there though and I don't use headphones, maybe now is the time to invest.

I have watched Jobbie since I began playing CS and I've learned a couple of tricks off him, the best and most usefull one is the spot in the market on Italy, this place always gets me kills(unless Throddy is on Ts, he always hunts me down and sneaks round the back), hurry up back Mikey and you can tutor me in person;)

Once again fucking top post cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom