Time to get lots of RP's

M

Molten Lava

Was wondering how much time /play it takes the big farmers to get RR8, RR9 etc....I have been playing my sorc for quite some time now and I hardly make more than 5-7k per night RvR (which is about 2 hour per night) Im not in a big RvR guild so that might be the reason...but how the hell is it possible to get 200k or even more per week....is that 10 hours a day 7 days/week?

Explain stlong farmers, explain :)

S

Silenzio

:)

fast?

faster rp they get less life they have do u math

10 H each day * week ... is still kinda low for some ppl here arround more like 18/20 h day...

7k in 2 hours per day is kinda good to me :)

W

Weeping Willow

Hmm dunno but about 40-50k rps in five hours guildgroup or something (correct me if im wrong fellow guildmates), only play four or maybe five days a week so that would make 200k rps every week.

N

NightyP

Whats the average age of a rr10? my guess is 20 :D

O

ormagaa

If your fg kills an enemy fg:

(200rp/kill)*(8people) = ~ 1600rp / fg.

K

K0nah

~4-5hr a night ~5nights a week, 30-60k per night depending on conditions, not hard to get 150-200k pw in a good grp.

i very rarely rvr during the day or at weekends, if i did (and the rest of FC did) u could double that figure pretty easily.

tildai just dinged rr8 and dinged 50 what 3?months ago... its not about time, its about quality time ;)

A

ab_fluid

i play about 5hrs of active rvr per night and farm about 50k or so on average, so 25hrs per week of rvr wields 250k or so rpees

P

piggeman

Originally posted by Molten Lava
Was wondering how much time /play it takes the big farmers to get RR8, RR9 etc....I have been playing my sorc for quite some time now and I hardly make more than 5-7k per night RvR (which is about 2 hour per night) Im not in a big RvR guild so that might be the reason...but how the hell is it possible to get 200k or even more per week....is that 10 hours a day 7 days/week?

That's because you're an alb. Not cos there's nothing wrong with albs, it's just that the alb on excalibur zerg. If you kill 1 fg hib/mid with your strong alb zerg (3-6fg), you should be happy if u get 500 rps. Start moving in a fixed FG and learn how to play that group, and you'll see some RP acceleration! :)

H

hotrat

Pretty much what Konah said, although for a sorc in a random group its a lot harder, I rely a lot on my clerics and minstrel (SoS) to keep me alive, or to rez me as soon as i die :)

2 hours per night is not much though, I usually play from after dinner till I have to sleep which is around 4-5 hours, then work all day, get home, eat food then play again :p

A lot depends on getting a good group quickly, finding other single fg's (preferably beating them) and avoiding zergs as much as possible(if it gets too zergie ppl log usually :( ). That is alb advice anyway.

Hibs (like Garbannoch) can make a group with ~4 pbae casters in and aim for the alb warder zerg perhaps killing them all but at least killing a fg or 2 (with their RA's ready). That way they can get ~100k per day.

G

Garbannoch Nox

Originally posted by hotrat
Pretty much what Konah said, although for a sorc in a random group its a lot harder, I rely a lot on my clerics and minstrel (SoS) to keep me alive, or to rez me as soon as i die :)

2 hours per night is not much though, I usually play from after dinner till I have to sleep which is around 4-5 hours, then work all day, get home, eat food then play again :p

A lot depends on getting a good group quickly, finding other single fg's (preferably beating them) and avoiding zergs as much as possible(if it gets too zergie ppl log usually :( ). That is alb advice anyway.

Hibs (like Garbannoch) can make a group with ~4 pbae casters in and aim for the alb warder zerg perhaps killing them all but at least killing a fg or 2 (with their RA's ready). That way they can get ~100k per day.

The group I usually run in contains 2 or at max 3 casters - the reason we had 4 yesterday was that it was late and we couldn't find a Warden after Sheph logged ;)

But I have to agree that it is easier to get RPs as a hib/mid just due to the warder zerg. But you can have bad days when you play 8 hours and get 40k or so and then again there are days when you make 100k+

Although tank groups are fotm across all realms atm you will still find that mage groups will get same or more RPs (maybe with the exception of a good NP tank group) just due to the fact that you can fight against bigger numbers more easily if it should be necessary.

Anyways, RPs are nice but they are not directly proportional to fun.

I

Ilur_oom

well last saturday i made 65k in about 8 hours played or so... (this implyes nice work in the grp and a bit of luck finding fg's alone)
For mid fotm grps is easy to do 50k a day with only a few hours played, same goes for hibs with 3 pow relics,no skillz 1 button class chanter and GP grps !!! hehehe :p

but well sorc cloth wearer as rats said... u need to rely alot on cleric heals/rezz to overcome a nice total in the end of your rvr journey cause u're the first to be droped in a fight...
Nevertheless for achieving a nice RR u need to play RvR as much as u can...

hf matey

I

Ilur_oom

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox

Couldnt Agree More !! Wub u !! :p

W

-Wedge-

Hmm, I average at about 25-30k a night I guess... Mostly Odin's as I dont like zerging at all... (omg an alb saying he doesnt like zerging)...

I got RR5 + 50 in 10d played with my merc (PL'd to 50 though, that took around 3 days, and RR5 took around 7)... Anyways, I should ding RR6 in 17d played, not 'that' good... But I truely believe its harder for albs to get a lot of RPS, simply due to lack of (low-rr) enemies...

There's no brehon/flammen vakten zerg that you can rely on to be in emain (or odin/hw)... I mean most of the groups (at least hibs) are guild groups that I meet...

As for Garb's group, its a nightmare, I think its one of the few mage groups that I've yet to beat in a fair 1 on 1... Group purge helps mage groups so fucking much :(

Anyways, 512k in 7 days brings me at around 3k average rps per hour...

W

-Wedge-

And although RPs arent an indication of fun, its a reward for a job well done... If you RvR an entire evening and only got 500 rps because you've been zerged left and right... You most likely didnt have fun...

S

sheph

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox
The group I usually run in contains 2 or at max 3 casters - the reason we had 4 yesterday was that it was late and we couldn't find a Warden after Sheph logged ;)

But I have to agree that it is easier to get RPs as a hib/mid just due to the warder zerg. But you can have bad days when you play 8 hours and get 40k or so and then again there are days when you make 100k+

Although tank groups are fotm across all realms atm you will still find that mage groups will get same or more RPs (maybe with the exception of a good NP tank group) just due to the fact that you can fight against bigger numbers more easily if it should be necessary.

and the worst of logs it was too... 14k of 10 mill gaaaaaah

been hauntin me all day :(

cu all in emain tonight! :)

Z

zmurf

didn't have school/work in most of the period i played my shaman, so played about 8~10 hour's a day, all depending on how fun it was / how early group started ...

took me around 1½month to get rr8 (mebbe 2) with some breaks now and then (3 ~4 days from time to time) can be done much faster with a dedicated fg playing at the right time in either hib/mid (not saying alb can't farm, but alb got tons of warders they CAN't farm where as hib/mid can)

But at some point giving RP's to zerger's (u can try all u want, but it's impossible to avoid running into the zerg) who run over ur 1fg with 6 fg's just get's to much, and seeing ppl u 'respected' turn into RP horny zergling's - just get's to much, and the fun ends ... atleast that's how it ended for me ... :/

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Time to get lots of RP's

Originally posted by piggeman
That's because you're an alb. Not cos there's nothing wrong with albs, it's just that the alb on excalibur zerg. If you kill 1 fg hib/mid with your strong alb zerg (3-6fg), you should be happy if u get 500 rps. Start moving in a fixed FG and learn how to play that group, and you'll see some RP acceleration! :)

I love it!
Another Mid saying Albs zerg.
Even while Mids zerg while playing only overpowered classes.

It only has to do with the overpowered classes.
Check out the realm points that Mid rvr groups will earn (400k a week) compared to 150k a week for an Alb rvr group.

But gotta love it, they will claim Albs don't know how to play their group...
Regards, Glottis

R

-RG-Jaond

Re: Re: Re: Time to get lots of RP's

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Check out the realm points that Mid rvr groups will earn (400k a week) compared to 150k a week for an Alb rvr group.

Thats cause 95% of the albs dont have a clue what they are doing runing around with epic etc.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Time to get lots of RP's

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
Thats cause 95% of the albs dont have a clue what they are doing runing around with epic etc.

Oh, please keep it coming :)
Must admit there are some retarded Albs who will leave the atk solo despite the 2fgm roaming around using radar (mostly RG and NP) to pick them up, but yeah, it really explains why Mids can make 400k easily a week, while Albs are stuck at 150k.
Regards, Glottis

Z

zmurf

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Time to get lots of RP's

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Oh, please keep it coming :)
Must admit there are some retarded Albs who will leave the atk solo despite the 2fgm roaming around using radar (mostly RG and NP) to pick them up, but yeah, it really explains why Mids can make 400k easily a week, while Albs are stuck at 150k.
Regards, Glottis

Such mind blowing evidence u got to back up ur accusations ...

R

rg-zorena

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Time to get lots of RP's

Originally posted by zmurf
:clap: :clap:

K

K0nah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Time to get lots of RP's

Originally posted by zmurf

yeh, hes hacking ur pc as we speak... ;)

P

Pin

Well, I hit 50 with my Sorcerer a week ago and it's fun to play as a noob again :p

As a Sorcerer you will rely heavily on the rest of your group for RPs as much as your own play. If you don't have 2 Clerics and a guard to keep you alive or rezz you when you die (almost always first) you'll get no RPs even if you win the fight.

So, if you log on for an hour or 2 each night, port to Emain, stand at apk yelling "Sorc lfg", get spam-invited by all the gimp groups forming there and walk off into Emain on caster speed you're not going to get much.

OTOH, if you changed to playing for 3-4 hours at a time, 3 or 4 days a week, took your time to build a reasonable group (minstrel, paladin, 2 clerics, your sorc, X, Y, Z) and don't move with the rest of the zerg-sheep in Emain you'll make 5x as much RPs in a week.

H

horil

Just gank all the stealthers at odins Pin, you'll get rr3 someday!

Users who are viewing this thread