Thumbs up to GOA :)

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Since positive feedbak to GOA is a rarity on these boards, I'll start giving em credit for a very nice online-distribution of DarknessRising (so far).

Online payment - worked excelent, didnt notice any lag or preasure on the system.
Online activation - worked excelent, activated insta and my accounts page syncronized.
Download of patches and the DR client - very very nice! Downloaded at max speed, everything seems to be working superb.

PS: Lets hope rest of the day is as flawless as its been so far :) Good luck to the guys at the GOA officees. Cant wait to get home and try DR out some :)

Well done!

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
this have to stop!

close thread damnit cant have positive threads here

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
they are always working hard when its about their money income.. of course the order site is great, fast and looking nice.. but who cares about players probs like lost items, los bugs, ridiculous pathings, etc.. this doesnt change anything about their reputation in my eyes.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
ye fair play imo too...
was good that they offered us the option to get the patch for toa/cata b4 the servesr went live etc too :p

now...should i buy DR with DL gamer...or w8 for the box from Game on friday ? ..

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
i think alot of the credit has to goto dlgamer tbh....stil no cd key yet though :)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe didn't take long time until a whine came up in this thread :eek6:

I agree with Prudil /Salute Goa!

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
i think alot of the credit has to goto dlgamer tbh....stil no cd key yet though :)

Got mine direct from GOA had nothing to do with dlgamer and have all my cd keys and everything up and running just waiting for servers to come back online.

Well done GOA and many thanks from the UK players that up untill this patch have been shafted with release dates.

All I need now is my fiance's fire wiz (jadore) fixed as she is still stripped and ill even buy the add-on for that account.

BUT not until ;)

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm....d/l the patch for cata 1.79-1.80 and it still wants to patch 17mb firstly and now 60mb :eek7: i'm not too worried tho, servers arent up yet.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
(invisibletank) said:
ye fair play imo too...
was good that they offered us the option to get the patch for toa/cata b4 the servesr went live etc too :p

now...should i buy DR with DL gamer...or w8 for the box from Game on friday ? ..

I bought 1 game expansion in store today and 1 key from goa so bothaccounts ready to start ^^

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
GOA suxxors, I didn't bring my account subscription password into work, so I cannot activate DR on my accounts, and it's all GOA's fault. You suxxors goa!

Haha :p

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Vell said:
GOA suxxors, I didn't bring my account subscription password into work, so I cannot activate DR on my accounts, and it's all GOA's fault. You suxxors goa!

Remote Desktop FTW :clap:

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Righthandof said:
los bugs, ridiculous pathings, etc.. this doesnt change anything about their reputation in my eyes.
Hardly anything GoA can be blamed for :twak:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
DR update is going at snail speed now. usually get 70 kb p/s min. Right now 2 comps and laptop all at 11k-15k and constantly failing on the larger files. Having to sit here and restart them every 3-5 mins :(

Still no keys from DLgamer, the email i got from them blames GOA :twak: .

Hope the downloads finish soon and the servers are back up.

B

Biggilus

I'm all set already, everythign from GOA was stable, reliable and lag free concernign this update (was getting 240k/sec downloading the client earlier).
This isn't like the GOA i remember from 3 years ago!

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Hawkwind said:
DR update is going at snail speed now. usually get 70 kb p/s min. Right now 2 comps and laptop all at 11k-15k and constantly failing on the larger files. Having to sit here and restart them every 3-5 mins :(

Still no keys from DLgamer, the email i got from them blames GOA :twak: .

Hope the downloads finish soon and the servers are back up.

You should use the BitTorrent download (which you can get here: http://daoc.goa.com/bt_goa/GOA-DAoC-DarknessRising-update180-BT.exe ) as it'll be a lot faster and stable than downloading 700+ megs on the patcher...

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
I bought 1 game expansion in store today and 1 key from goa so bothaccounts ready to start ^^
QQ i wish i was from Belgium, Brugge to so i could do that..oh w8 no i dont :p hehe...anyways, decided to get online liecence from goa...and on the "Order in Progress" page..and nothing for a few mins now. . . and only the back arrow..so tempted to touch it... :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
[GOA]Erivoss said:
You should use the BitTorrent download (which you can get here: http://daoc.goa.com/bt_goa/GOA-DAoC-DarknessRising-update180-BT.exe ) as it'll be a lot faster and stable than downloading 700+ megs on the patcher...

Already got the downloads last week from DLGamer - this is the 47 Mb update. Seems better now as i'm writing this the connection to the update server has not dopped off once in last ten mins <crosses fingers>.

Also just received my keys from DLGamer so i'm happy:) . Beer cooling in the fridge now ready for the servers to open.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
(invisibletank) said:
QQ i wish i was from Belgium, Brugge to so i could do that..oh w8 no i dont :p hehe...anyways, decided to get online liecence from goa...and on the "Order in Progress" page..and nothing for a few mins now. . . and only the back arrow..so tempted to touch it... :(

Ordered 3rd copy from GOA 10 mins ago paid using a Mastercard and went through in seconds. Followed by the 'Order complete blah blah receive email blah blah...'

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Hawkwind said:
Already got the downloads last week from DLGamer - this is the 47 Mb update. Seems better now as i'm writing this the connection to the update server has not dopped off once in last ten mins <crosses fingers>.

Also just received my keys from DLGamer so i'm happy:) . Beer cooling in the fridge now ready for the servers to open.

Ah ok, the 47 megs you'll have to patch whatever happens.

As for the server connections - there was an issue with the patchers being flooded with too many requests (which caused people to get disconnected from it with weird error messages). We've increased the number of connections allowed though and it seems to be holding up ok for the time being.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
Ordered 3rd copy from GOA 10 mins ago paid using a Mastercard and went through in seconds. Followed by the 'Order complete blah blah receive email blah blah...'
well...thing is i havent even been given the choice of CCs etc :( ... i wanna pay them my moneys ! .. ok not really but i wanna buy the key :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
one question tho.

i bought the key from goa sub page... dr is active.. but why i havent gotten the mail whit my cd key??

when i activated cata like that i got 2 mails...

one was where i can dl the expansion and other was whit my cd-key.

should i rightnow it or wait for a while??

PS! i got one of the mails... the one saying where i can get the expnasion and etc

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Vell said:

The quick activation uses game login :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Righthandof said:
they are always working hard when its about their money income.. of course the order site is great, fast and looking nice.. but who cares about players probs like lost items, los bugs, ridiculous pathings, etc.. this doesnt change anything about their reputation in my eyes.

My mum always said, if you dont have anything constructive to say then dont say anything at all.

No reason at all tbh to whine in this thread

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
zerking this thread coz i want my cd-key :p ...
been 30Mins+ and still havent even gonna offered to give credit card details..just stays on order in progress...so i just retried it and same thing...
u guys reckon its DL gamer time ? ..

Causes_Chaos

Banned
well mebbe GOA are tryin 2 turn over a new leaf

i put my faith into the frenchies and they came out on top =)
screw DL gamer - GOA ftw today :D

well done goa - keep this up and i mite get sum more BB accounts :eek7:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Kaun_IA said:
one question tho.

i bought the key from goa sub page... dr is active.. but why i havent gotten the mail whit my cd key??

when i activated cata like that i got 2 mails...

one was where i can dl the expansion and other was whit my cd-key.

should i rightnow it or wait for a while??

PS! i got one of the mails... the one saying where i can get the expnasion and etc

Don't hold me to this but if you registered on their official website, why would you NEED a cd-key? Mine was just automatically flagged as having Darkness Rising activated which I presume is all I or anyonelse would need :p

Causes_Chaos

Banned
oh wait, if u got order in progress that normally means u screwed up ur card details - and if its anything like the subs, you gotta wait 24 hours :(

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Causes_Chaos said:
oh wait, if u got order in progress that normally means u screwed up ur card details - and if its anything like the subs, you gotta wait 24 hours :(
lol...wasnt even offered to give details...and i havent once screwed up yet on my acc so...doubt it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom