Thoughts on Classic...

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Ballard said:
Not without DR you cant. You can get some some cast speed (up to 4%) and stat caps.

I was talking DR, should have made that clear :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I've made a really nice template using epic armour, champ weapon, quest items and 1 darkspire item for my classic ranger

Having more fun levelling that ranger up than playing my RR6(almost) ranger with 2 Ml10 blades, ML10 armour, 13 artis (malice, som, wh etc etc) on excal.

I may get bored in time with classic and go back to Excal, but as a ranger I'm looking forward to RvR where there are no brittle guard zergs, ML'ed pets and stupid ass casting times.
And above all I'm looking forward to the possibilty of playing in an environment where speccing more than 12 bow on an archer might lead to more than just

-brittle
-brittle
-bubble
-interupted
-templar squashes your hands
-templar kicks the features off your face
-sorc laughs at you

And it's nice chatting to Excal Albs/Mids on classic Hib, and reading french leet speak in starter guild officers channel is just plain fun

Instead of making ToA easier, they shoulda just nerfed the living crap outta its stupid ass abilities, bonuses and artifacts.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont think ill have the guts to grind to 50 again, so if excal/pryd dosent get decent population again, its moust likely the end for me.
Just gonna play some BF2 or smth :D

Freetha

Fledgling Freddie
I'm an old old.. former.. daoc'er... and well..after reading this thread I think I'll stay a former daoc'er..
the classic is tempting.. but not that tempting..
*sigh*
I don't want to watch the french takeover of an english server..

they should have nerfed toa gear and abilities! that much is clear..

at least they should offer some free playtime to those that have been gone for a while.. honestly there's no other way that I'll even considder coming back.. I don't want to pay for beeing treated like dirt by goa again.. just to find out for myself how annoying it is on the classic.. and how the old toa infected server STILL sucks

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
The french people on the server isnt a problem. Ive grouped with several now and they have been willing to use english, and been surprisingly adept at it too. I think the Glast/Alb community is shaping up well enough so far.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
The french people on the server isnt a problem. Ive grouped with several now and they have been willing to use english, and been surprisingly adept at it too. I think the Glast/Alb community is shaping up well enough so far.

Yeah, I dunno what peoples problem with the french folks is
They tend to use the officer chat in starter guild, so peeps can turn it off if they like
I find the "OMFG SPEAK ENGLISH PLZZZZZZZZ" spam in /gu more distracting than the conversations in french going on in officer chat.
Any french folks I've spoke to have been very nice and perfectly willing to speak English to the best of their ability.

Glast/Hib seems real nice so far, millions of vamps though :eek6:

pixie.pebr

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't been playing in ages, but will likely renew once my next paycheck hits.
Agree it isn't truly classic, but atleast no artibusiness once ding 50. Thank God.

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
people are saying that lots of people went to classic cos they thought it wouldn't be as op'd for certain classes etc. I went to classic cos GOA really F***** the pryd economey(sp) up. giving plats upon plats to people then people like me not having much money before the DB corruption having to spend hours trying to farm scrolls/item solo with no bb or askin in /as for help and more than likley not getting any cos people are RvR or on a ML raid. Since the DB corruption because of this i've level'd a tic, a cabby and started on a thug all solo o classic with grps easy to get was good for me.
sorry bout punctuation. I'm tired.

pip

Banned
Will kill game for loads imo :( i played sorc for few days to try it dont get me wrong was good fun went bg today with fg we owned all aoe mez ftw :eek7:
but i'm a mid at heart playing alb makes me feel like male wearing a skirt:(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
RvR on exca was/is amazing tonight, so I don't care about classic at all :)

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
It's interesting to note that Mythic have had to cluster 2 of the 3 classic servers in the US to make the populations up?

What will GoA do when the pop on their classic servers drops?

RvR on Excal has been great since cluster :)

B

Benedictine

Aiteal said:
Yeah, I dunno what peoples problem with the french folks is
They tend to use the officer chat in starter guild, so peeps can turn it off if they like
I find the "OMFG SPEAK ENGLISH PLZZZZZZZZ" spam in /gu more distracting than the conversations in french going on in officer chat.
Any french folks I've spoke to have been very nice and perfectly willing to speak English to the best of their ability.

Glast/Hib seems real nice so far, millions of vamps though :eek6:

Had a lovely experience last night with a Frenchy as I was about to log off.

A level 8 French player pm'd me askign if I could help him with his English - now my French is 1986 o-level quality so its rusty but not bad. Anway we chatted for half an hour - him in English me replying in French. When I couldnt I just babelfished it.

I think we both learned alot from that experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom