Thought of the day: Remove Stealth from DAoC

T

Tesla Monkor

Now, before you start to yell, consider this - it solves two problems at the same time. Assassins are gone, and the RvR game becomes a lot more fun for everyone else. (Stealthers are, by definition, lones. They serve no role on groups.)

Yes, I play a stealther from time to time. (I've since made a lot of other characters), and quite frankly, it sickens me to stand on the teleporter pad, and see half the people there are SBs and Hunters. I doubt it's any better in Albion or Hibernia.

This is, of course, my own opinion. You're free to disagree with me. :p

A

amazingsteve

well, doesn't that ToA ML thingy take care of that? :p Presience Node or summin? /shrug; dunno wot's it called, I think Xest does ;)

K

klavrynd

prydwen would be dead? i'd vote NO to the abolishment of stealth and YES to the further development of mindless noskill stealthzergs !

F

Falcon

Would rather see clueless whining Mids removed that needlessly wallow in self-pity and just fight Alb tbh.

C

Cybwyn

No.

I've spent nearly 100 days /played to level a toon that I love playing to 50 and to the brink of RR5. Remove stealth and you remove my best form of defence and attack, making it a useless character (some might argue that it's useless anyway, but that's beside the point).

K

Kagato.

I'd prefer it with no assassin classes in the game too, but then, i'd also miss out on the majority of my fights and kills as they are what I tend to meet the most when I solo.

O

old.Filip

been saying in a long time that

Stealth,Buffs,Ae Mezz/Ae Stuns should never have been a part of the game

and i have rr8 minser myself

V

Validus

oh yeah sure and remove all magic from the game as well

make it a true dark age. only physical attacks. pfft.

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Validus
oh yeah sure and remove all magic from the game as well

make it a true dark age. only physical attacks. pfft.

hasnt that happened allready... ?

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Stealthers are, by definition, lones. They serve no role on groups.

Here I must disagree with you. In the rigate rvr groups, I have a very definate role in non-stealth groups. I am normally the advance scout of the party, the spotter for ambushes, ground target layer for our treb operators in keep raids, and often pop up and attack the mezzers in a group at the same time the rest of the group attack from the front. Certainly the mercfil template is more suited for this role, as you do a lot more of your combat in the open and have less opportunity to PA people, but it does work.

Stealthers have a role in non-stealther RVR, if you know how to use them. There's a lot more to the game than lame stealther zergs.

O

old.Emma

After spending close to 2 years as "Teh" loner playing my SB, with the odd splashings of Warrior/Savage/Zerker mixed in. I`m having more fun now than ever with my enchanter in group combat. But then it also help`s alot by being in one of hibs better/best RvR guilds at the moment :D.

Still Solo SB killing multiple fotm gimpfils > uber PBae Deathspam, although it is a close tie ;p

V

Validus

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
And what would you offer to the stealthers to compensate this?
how about an avaliable subscribtion page so they can cancel their accounts

T

Tesla Monkor

Archers can function without stealth just fine. Assassins would cease to exist. That that is pretty much what most people want.

I know it's not at all likely, and I do hope that ToA will finally equalize the stealth issues a little, since right now RvR basically sucks.

We'll see. :)

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
And what would you offer to the stealthers to compensate this?

A free day added to their subscription!

GOA really rate this reward :)

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Cybwyn
No.

I've spent nearly 100 days /played to level a toon that I love playing to 50 and to the brink of RR5. Remove stealth and you remove my best form of defence and attack, making it a useless character (some might argue that it's useless anyway, but that's beside the point).

Eeeeeehhh??
100 days to L50 and near RR5? Dude, you need some skills.

C

Cybwyn

Originally posted by kr0n
Eeeeeehhh??
100 days to L50 and near RR5? Dude, you need some skills.

So? I suck. But I enjoy the game.

H

hrodelbert

i aglee with tesla so much it actually hurts :<

L

Loth

Let's face it, people just don't like being assassinated.

However if you insist on running through that Milegate solo, then you take that risk.

Anyway, ToA addresses the milegate stealth zergs with Prescience Node and Stealth Lore.

S

Shike

I wouldnt mind if stealth was removed totally, on the contrary I would applause such a move since I feel that stealth in daoc is poorly implemented.

K

kameh

Remove weapons too and give everyone feather dusters, fights would last longer and the pathetic /assist crews would just do extra tickling.

A

Aussie-

stealthers have suck hp, suck armor and no groupabilities, how would you solve that.

O

old.job

My favourite whine, the problem is that stealth is so counter productive to the fun of the game, the excitement of coming across enemy players judging their numbers and deciding to fight or flight, this is all negated by stealth.
If my caster gets jumped by one stealther (let alone the 3 it usually is) I don't have any plan for defence, all I see is the death animation, OK a bolter can do that to me, but at least I can see him casting, it was my fault for not spotting him and getting in range.
Dieing by stealth is about as satisfying as your PC locking up.

Don't get rid of it, just give casters SOME chance of retaliation.

B

bigchief

Originally posted by old.job

That would be the group they tend to run in with healers and buffs? If you have a healer/CC'er/tank awake a stealther aint gonna get you. If you run around solo as a caster you're asking for it.

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by old.linnet
Class respec :)

I wanna be the first saracen friar on the server then :)

Wait no, as I mentioned it before I wanna class respec to a savage or a bonedancer.

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by Cala-more
A free day added to their subscription!

GOA really rate this reward :)

free day > stealth :)

K

kameh

Originally posted by old.job
My favourite whine, the problem is that stealth is so counter productive to the fun of the game, the excitement of coming across enemy players judging their numbers and deciding to fight or flight, this is all negated by stealth.
If my caster gets jumped by one stealther (let alone the 3 it usually is) I don't have any plan for defence, all I see is the death animation, OK a bolter can do that to me, but at least I can see him casting, it was my fault for not spotting him and getting in range.
Dieing by stealth is about as satisfying as your PC locking up.

Stealth is counter productive to fun? What about assist trains then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom