Impressed Thought I'd download BF4

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
£1.50 ish for a sliced loaf of bread round my way. Cheaper in Aldi £1 maybe.

I don't really look at the prices of stuff like that though, it is what it is and for the sake of saving 20p, fuck it.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
So that'll be approximately 4 times... by applying gross generalisation, You should be getting my service (100 Mbit, up/down), for 24 pounds a month.

Is that the case? No?

Oh shucks.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There abouts. I pay £35 a month for 75ish down 20ish up (the fastest I can get) Now and again it goes up to 85 depending on which way the wind is blowing. That includes phone line rental and access to BT sport (bunch of premiership games and Rugby Union) which I can either watch on my PC or on the TV.

I live in semi country bumkin territory though so I think its much faster in town for the same price.

old.Osy

Hardly comparable, isn't it. No worries though, the UK isn't the only western country in this situation. Besides, it's well known internet speeds in former communist east european countries are among the best in Europe.

There's been so much fibre laid out in the '00s, and so much competition when it comes to ISPs, plus a huge developing market for access, that prices naturally went down.

Plus, we're not an island.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Err, £24 pcm for 100 down and up and £35 pcm for 75 down and 20 up aren't really comparable at all.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hardly comparable, isn't it. No worries though, the UK isn't the only western country in this situation. Besides, it's well known internet speeds in former communist east european countries are among the best in Europe.

There's been so much fibre laid out in the '00s, and so much competition when it comes to ISPs, plus a huge developing market for access, that prices naturally went down.

Plus, we're not an island.
You can steal our jobs, can we steal your internet?

old.Osy

Well no, not really.

Going by the same gross generalisation, 100+100 = 24, whilst 75+20 = 35

So you have 24/200 and 35/95. That's 0.12 vs 0.36 per mbit. Three times more. Like I said, hardly comparable.

old.Osy

You can steal our jobs, can we steal your internet?

Heh, now you're applying gross generalisation. I have no interest whatsoever in coming over to the UK, or any other western country for the moneyz. I'm an educated, good earning individual, by local standards. I don't need to come there to work for pennies.

On topic: I actually got BF4 with my video card. Played for a week, never touched it since.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Err, £24 pcm for 100 down and up and £35 pcm for 75 down and 20 up aren't really comparable at all.

er but I said that was the best I could get in my location which is far from the exchange on fibre to box, copper to house. I said that in town, nearer the exchange I am sure it is more comparable. Same package, same price. Including £10 line rental and "free" BT sport. I also said "there abouts". Chop off the line rental and it would be £25, in town it may well be 100 down, 100 up but I don't live there so have no idea.

I could whip up a pivot table of price vs speed for all towns in the UK if you like? Would only take a few weeks and mean nothing for anyone.

Last edited:

old.Osy

er but I said that was the best I could get in my location which is far from the exchange on fibre to box, copper to house. I said that in town, nearer the exchange I am sure it is more comparable. Same package, same price. Including £10 line rental and "free" BT sport. I also said "there abouts". Chop off the line rental and it would be £25, in town it may well be 100 down, 100 up but I don't live there so have no idea.

I could whip up a pivot table of price vs speed for all towns in the UK if you like? Would only take a few weeks and mean nothing for anyone.

It could help those invading countrymen of mine establish which town would feel more like home, so if you could, it'd be grand. Cheers :)

old.Osy

Which is why it's already full of pikeys then. They will get along just fine with our Roma exports, them having more or less the same ancestry.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
This is my work connection :(

3561114527.png

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
3557900447.png

Edit- What I like about Virgin is I get this all the time. With BT the internet always went to shit in the evenings.

BT must have been shite in your area then :p been with BT for about 2 years-ish now and I've had next to no speed drops that were a direct result of BT failures (only ones I've had was down to my own hardware), not the quickest but its stable as fuck.

Speed atm with netflix + twitch open

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm only at 21.5 and 2.5 with a 25 ping on my main(with the laptop downloading...err...important documents), but it is a wireless. I'm fine with it :p

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
3562707542.png

This is on the PC, the weird thing is I get better on the iPad wirelessly

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm currently locking horns with Openreach and BT over a fibre cab upgrade:

3562722312.png

Ono

Part of the furniture
Throddy - add me to BF4 too please. I am, rather sadly, level 120 already.

Ono888

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Worst part with moving from Sweden to the US :(

It's wireless though, if i plug it in with a cable i can easily break 6.5 or maybe 7 Mbit on a good day :'(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Not bad considering the incoming fibre box is on the other side of my powerline adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom