SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Any bike cunts have bike insurance? As of next week I will be commuting by bike, found a few for about £80 a year but anything I should look out for?
Had it separate from house for a while but for my bikes it was lolzroffles expensive so I can't help but you might be able to put it named on house insurance?

For commuting - you got a secure lockup? Or if not can you bring it into the office?

I'd get a big fuck off sold secure gold chain and leave it chained at work whereever you leave your bike so you ain't karting it about. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had it separate from house for a while but for my bikes it was lolzroffles expensive so I can't help but you might be able to put it named on house insurance?

For commuting - you got a secure lockup? Or if not can you bring it into the office?

I'd get a big fuck off sold secure gold chain and leave it chained at work whereever you leave your bike so you ain't karting it about. :)

Yeah, sorted out a spot in the warehouse where I can park it and charge it. Looking for something that covers a bit of liability as well as theft, at home it will be in an alarmed outhouse, and chained up.

Nothing super fancy

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, sorted out a spot in the warehouse where I can park it and charge it. Looking for something that covers a bit of liability as well as theft, at home it will be in an alarmed outhouse, and chained up.

Nothing super fancy

The best security is to keep it where you can see it, and where nobody else can access it. And a bike lock of any description is just deterrence, pushing the thief towards a weaker locked bike. You cold lock it with something from Star Trek and they'd just hacksaw the frame and leave the lock intact.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like Chess.com have something at least, their post implies that something is coming.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The best security is to keep it where you can see it, and where nobody else can access it. And a bike lock of any description is just deterrence, pushing the thief towards a weaker locked bike. You cold lock it with something from Star Trek and they'd just hacksaw the frame and leave the lock intact.
If not completely secure and your battery is easily detatchable @Raven - may be worth taking that in.

But you did say warehouse so... :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Wonder if they're going to stop the more important thing - that fossil fuel companies send in their shills to give "lectures" to kids which are basically lies designed to turn heads.

Eg. There was a girl at Uni that helped a buisiness with waste incineration and energy use from that - was hugely cost effective and had knock-on benefits for the environment. Was a new thing at the time. By fortuitous happenstance oil-boy came in to diss this sort of thing - to tell us all it was shite and it was better for the environment to just burn stuff with gas. She had figures to back her up but despite that he still got traction. Most of the time these people were unopposed in our supposedly unbiased learning environments.

They spend cold hard cash on capturing young people's minds.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just helped rescue a neighbour's cat from an 8m deep well, which was nice.

Edit, although stupidly the first thing I did when I got home was pick up mine to give him a fuss, stinking of wet cat, a cat he fights quite a lot of the time, now he is following me about but glaring at me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCti-qQFHTA

Yeah. fuck all that, I would rather drive a petrol car, far better for the environment than EVs anyway, all things considered. Lifetime of the vehicle, production damage (to the environment) Vehicles getting scrapped early because of the cost of batteries etc

An easy measure is, how many EVs bought today will still be running in 5-10 years time. Not many.

Edit, edit, and the fact that EV prices are already massively inflated, despite being far easier to build, fewer moving parts etc. They are basically Ipads connected to an electric motor, a chassis and wheels.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can facepalm all you like @Embattle You clearly watched neither, based on the speed of the facepalms.

Well-balanced argument.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You can facepalm all you like @Embattle You clearly watched neither, based on the speed of the facepalms.

Well-balanced argument.

No need as your previous comments on green issues ultimately mean you don't do well-balanced arguments on this subject.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No need as your previous comments on green issues ultimately mean you don't do well-balanced arguments on this subject.

You mean, things like spending over 7 grand insulating my living room/kitchen, 2 years after spending double that to get my roof completely rebuilt and insulated, or going from a 2 car household to 1 and me using an ebike? I am 100% for "green issues" - done right. Which bit of "green issues" am I getting wrong?

Ormorof

FH is my second home

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCti-qQFHTA

Yeah. fuck all that, I would rather drive a petrol car, far better for the environment than EVs anyway, all things considered. Lifetime of the vehicle, production damage (to the environment) Vehicles getting scrapped early because of the cost of batteries etc

An easy measure is, how many EVs bought today will still be running in 5-10 years time. Not many.

Edit, edit, and the fact that EV prices are already massively inflated, despite being far easier to build, fewer moving parts etc. They are basically Ipads connected to an electric motor, a chassis and wheels.

I mean that might have been true 15 years ago but pretty much every study done since shows the opposite Another reason to go electric: EVs produce less carbon dioxide than petrol vehicles

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I mean that might have been true 15 years ago but pretty much every study done since shows the opposite Another reason to go electric: EVs produce less carbon dioxide than petrol vehicles

On the road, production and actually pumping power into it, not so much. Zero of these studies count the environmental cost of even producing these things, let alone powering them. Hey lads, zero emissions out the back of it, must be good.

What we actually need to do is bin cars altogether, there is no real reason to own one for most people. Sure, I fucking love my 5 minute commute (by car) which is about all most sensible people do, who the fuck works miles away from where they live, seriously? Why would they? Even if they don't care about emissions, who the fuck wants to spend minutes/hours getting to work, how much of these peoples lives are wasted sat in a car, going somewhere they would rather not be?

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
On the road, production and actually pumping power into it, not so much. Zero of these studies count the environmental cost of even producing these things, let alone powering them.

From the article...

The researchers carried out a life-cycle assessment in which they not only calculated greenhouse gas emissions generated when using cars and heating systems, but also in the production chain and waste processing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
From the article...

Found your problem.

"The only exceptions are places like Poland, where electricity generation is still mostly based on coal, the researchers said"

Yeah, but lets not mention most of continental Europe, that still burns the old dino juice to keep the ice off the windows.

If everyone switched to EVs, the (current) grid would collapse. I have no idea what the amount of energy required to keep every vehicle we have moving, but there is no way on earth we can power all 40 million vehicles, currently on UK roads, with plugging them in over night.

No, reduce vehicle use, then work on what powers them.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Why not both 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately the twats in charge of UK have zero interest in either :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Surely the creation of the electric part of your bike isn't exactly good for the environment either @Raven ?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The original article Net emission reductions from electric cars and heat pumps in 59 world regions over time - Nature Sustainability as the website i linked sucks on mobile

We show that already under current carbon intensities of electricity generation, electric cars and heat pumps are less emission intensive than fossil-fuel-based alternatives in 53 world regions, representing 95% of the global transport and heating demand. Even if future end-use electrification is not matched by rapid power-sector decarbonization, it will probably reduce emissions in almost all world regions.

So it addresses this, Poland is an outlier, or was in 2020 when it was published.

You can tell yourself whatever you like but you are wrong on this ;). Doesn't mean you have to rush out and buy one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom