SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sure, if you have shares in G4S or you're gonna head there after your ministerial role.

Police, ambulance drivers, medics, fireman etc should be allowed to get on with the job of protecting people without being murdered. They need the maximum protection from the law against violence. "The rest of your life in prison" sounds like much more of a deterrent than "13 years or whatever"

Edit, shame, it's "life" not "whole of life"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Increased "deterrants" don't work.

If you're an idiot child stealing a car and you inadvertently run over a cop that's manslaughter.

Kicking criminals plays well with voters. Actually fixing the causes of crime - taking the actions to stop crime happening in the first place - doesn't

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Increased "deterrants" don't work.

If you're an idiot child stealing a car and you inadvertently run over a cop that's manslaughter.

Kicking criminals plays well with voters. Actually fixing the causes of crime - taking the actions to stop crime happening in the first place - doesn't

Exactly this.

I'm sure if it comes into law it'll be changed after someone not coming from the underclass accidently kills a copper at gets 25 years.

And @Raven if you're not sure, the proposal clearly suggests that -any- form of killing a copper - IE a copper steps out into the middle of the road (as they do so often, as it's their gang that rules the streets) and gets killed by someone, bang, 25 years mandatory.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Christ. Lets all have babies screaming away while we are debating the finer points of going to war with Russia. That would be great.

Most of the paper waving in parliament is just posturing for cameras these days so why not let babies in, might raise maturity level of whole crowd tbh

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Police, ambulance drivers, medics, fireman etc should be allowed to get on with the job of protecting people without being murdered. They need the maximum protection from the law against violence. "The rest of your life in prison" sounds like much more of a deterrent than "13 years or whatever"

Edit, shame, it's "life" not "whole of life"

The existing law already issues life sentences for the murder of an emergency worker, this is widening the net to apply the same sentence to manslaughter. How does that make any sense? Intent is the issue here, so if you came around a corner and run over a copper scratching his arse in the middle of the road you get life? This has "road to hell is paved with good intentions" written all over it. There are reasons why manslaughter doesn't carry the same punishment weight as murder.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Actually, no, that is incorrect. If a copper steps out into the road and gets hit, then it would be considered an accident. You don't get prosecuted for accidents. If a copper is hit while you are carrying out an illegal activity, speeding, fleeing a crime, whatever then that would be the driver's fault, which would be manslaughter...or at least causing death by dangerous driving (not manslaughter)

Embattle

FH is my second home
As I've said before I've always hated our use of the term life in the sentencing phase since it rarely means what it implies.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wow. That really is fucked up.

Do you think a six year old could ever recover from that if he'd have lived / been taken into care? I think that would have been a lifetime of mental torture myself :(

Gwadien

It's probably going to down due to the lockdowns tbh.

It really shows the role of schools in this regard, they are in the frontline against child abuse, but when you shut them down you miss horrific stuff like this, and they don't have the resources to properly check on every child.

All we can do is learn from it, and hopefully when we come across the next pandemic, we can hopefully use those out of work to check on families.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
BBC News overturned a court order which had prevented reporting of the case.
What I don't understand is how come a prevention of reporting order had been granted in the first place.

Justice has to be done in the clear light of day. I don't agree with the secret tribunals for terrorism cases - far from the state's insistence that it needs the secrecy to protect it's agents, given the history it's proven that it's more important that this stuff happens in the light of day - to prevent abuse by the state.

So why this one is granted secrecy I'll never understand.

Gwadien

What I don't understand is how come a prevention of reporting order had been granted in the first place.

Justice has to be done in the clear light of day. I don't agree with the secret tribunals for terrorism cases - far from the state's insistence that it needs the secrecy to protect it's agents, given the history it's proven that it's more important that this stuff happens in the light of day - to prevent abuse by the state.

So why this one is granted secrecy I'll never understand.

Protection of vulnerable people maybe? In some cruel twisted irony.

Gwadien

that's always the excuse and never the outcome.

Protection of agents = facilitating abuse.

Who's the agent though?

I'm fairly sure families were always aware of what was going on, it was just accepted practice by both the NHS and their overlords.

I don't think the censorship is protecting anyone, but is more responsible for the whole institutional issue.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think the censorship is protecting anyone, but is more responsible for the whole institutional issue.
Yep. Censorship never protects anyone. You need to know all of the gory details - warts and all - to be able to do anything sensible about it.

Embattle

FH is my second home

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Yes i saw that. Very unfortunate. I guess all companies are the same though claiming green credentials when they are not.
Something the government should be tackling.

They had superb customer service though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Octopus Energy has been good for us so far, just slightly slow to fix our smart meter.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I find it funny when people say "Look, don't take this the wrong way, but..." to someone they know is going to take it the wrong way

Someone called a friend of mine a c*** after telling him don't take it the wrong way. My friend, unfortunately, IS a c***. With a bit of a temper. The outcome was fairly predictable lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom