SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
"what a fucking bell-end" a very British way of putting it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
What a total nob, even if you don't know the bridge well it screams deep water.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Shitting in a hole in the ground.

Though there is a bike centre about a mile away that has a little cafe and a proper shitter. I'll treat myself to an ice cream while I'm there.
Treated to an ice cream yesterday in Porthlevan, nice two scooper with rum and raisan plus salted caramel. Walked about 10 steps from the van and a fucking seagul swooped over my head and took the entire cone and 2 scoops out of my hand and flew off. Greedy bastard ate the whole thing in about three gulps on a sea wall close by. Was actually quite impressive. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Treated to an ice cream yesterday in Porthlevan, nice two scooper with rum and raisan plus salted caramel. Walked about 10 steps from the van and a fucking seagul swooped over my head and took the entire cone and 2 scoops out of my hand and flew off. Greedy bastard ate the whole thing in about three gulps on a sea wall close by. Was actually quite impressive. :)
Same thing happened to a mate in Cornwall. All leaning on a sea wall waiting for a ferry - seagull swooped down in front of us, we watched it fly off thinking "WTF, why so close?!" - then my mate looked down and all that was left was the bottom 3rd of his cone, cleanly cut - as if by a razor.

You can't be angry at that stuff. It's not the bird's fault after all. We were all very impressed :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Seagulls are getting worse. I saw exactly the same ice cream theft in Dublin a few weeks ago, and I'm sure there's a Fail Army video of me chasing a bastard gull who picked up a pot of noodles I'd put down on a bench beside me in Stephen's Green last year. He swooped down and grabbed the entire paper bag they were in. He could only fly about three feet off the ground but the fucker got away from me by flying across the lake in the park.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Can't shoot the fuckers either.
Heron Gulls are protected so can't touch them. The only thing you can do is get the council to move nests if they are stopping you from sleeping. We have about 10 nests within 25M of us and the noise can be crazy but I sleep like the dead and you do get used to it over time. The youngsters are fledging now and they are starting to leave so will be quiet again in a week or two.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, but the flying rats are so similar that it's not worth trying to weed them out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seagulls are getting worse. I saw exactly the same ice cream theft in Dublin a few weeks ago, and I'm sure there's a Fail Army video of me chasing a bastard gull who picked up a pot of noodles I'd put down on a bench beside me in Stephen's Green last year. He swooped down and grabbed the entire paper bag they were in. He could only fly about three feet off the ground but the fucker got away from me by flying across the lake in the park.
ROFL :)

Just showing their intellect tbh.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Apart from it being easily and heavily manipulated by the rich, it creates a huge and ongoing carbon footprint.

It may well have good motives in its design, as usual it's been hijacked, well and truly. Most people that buy into it are buying literally nothing on the hope of making some money, the only people making real money out of it are traders. Musk would have been locked up by now if it was shares or commodities. He can make millions from it from a quick tweet on the shitter.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Apart from it being easily and heavily manipulated by the rich, it creates a huge and ongoing carbon footprint.

It may well have good motives in its design, as usual it's been hijacked, well and truly. Most people that buy into it are buying literally nothing on the hope of making some money, the only people making real money out of it are traders. Musk would have been locked up by now if it was shares or commodities. He can make millions from it from a quick tweet on the shitter.

All the above is done by the rich already...

I'm not a follower, but I do think it's a threat to established wealth, and they're going to get the masses against it, like so...

If you took out the context of crypto then you'd sound exactly like a XR scumbag ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Evidence please.

When submitting evidence - please take into account the carbon footprint of operating (multiple, disparate) FIAT monetary systems (so all the trad. banking, financial services systems, corporations which could effectively be replaced by "the internet") and a thesis on why these systems, which are not only opaque and under hidden ownership but easily and heavily manipulated by the rich by virtue of being originally designed by the rich for the rich - should be trusted more than transparent technologies born out of frustration with the existing criminal financial systems and their systematic stealing of wealth from the masses, as most recently demonstrated by the 2008 financial crash and the massive consolidation of wealth by the super-rich that Covid has given them.

Why are they worse than all that?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Musk would have been locked up by now if it was shares or commodities
He got a slap on the wrist when he manipulated the tesla share price. I don't recall him getting locked up for it, but maybe I'm wrong. 🤷

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He got an "ohhh, you" for manipulating Bitcoin...and he is doing the exact same thing again, right now :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Evidence please.

When submitting evidence - please take into account the carbon footprint of operating (multiple, disparate) FIAT monetary systems (so all the trad. banking, financial services systems, corporations which could effectively be replaced by "the internet") and a thesis on why these systems, which are not only opaque and under hidden ownership but easily and heavily manipulated by the rich by virtue of being originally designed by the rich for the rich - should be trusted more than transparent technologies born out of frustration with the existing criminal financial systems and their systematic stealing of wealth from the masses, as most recently demonstrated by the 2008 financial crash and the massive consolidation of wealth by the super-rich that Covid has given them.

Why are they worse than all that?

Oh, he burnt a pile of tyres, why shouldn't I?

No, no thank you. We need to get away from that mindset.

You might as well invest in oil.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh, he burnt a pile of tyres, why shouldn't I?

No, no thank you. We need to get away from that mindset.
I fail to see how any of this has any bearing on what I wrote?

Potentially massive carbon savings, alongside in-built anti-criminal transparency upgrades, financial debasement protection, and no longer having to trust 3rd parties with your cash?

If you thought the bullshit spread by interested parties that stand to lose out from the rollout of renewable energy that's pretty much derailed our attempts to stop runaway global warming was bad, then maybe all the crap circling crypto may be because there's a fuckload of people (central banks, governments, private institutions etc) who stand to lose significant amounts of control over the entire global financial system.

China hasn't come down hard because they want to protect their citizens. It's because, fundamentally, it takes away government and private control.

Your continued "oil" investment slurs are simply down to you being a victim of that bullshit. - Of course there are real concerns - but they're not comparing apples with apples. Put FIAT up against what we have to gain from crypto - including mahoosive energy and raw materials savings - and it wins hands down.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not going to be dragged into a multi page argument :)

Current situation. Crypto = excessive carbon footprint for what is essentially nothing. Now if it was protein splitting, genome work, SETI or anything else remotely useful that you were using that processing power and therefore resources to create then great. But it isn't. It's just a pointless token that has a dollar value, that is manipulated hard by the dollar rich.

Sure, the tech is great. But it's long gone past that point.

Gwadien

I dont. Was just an interesting way of destroying shed loads of hardware. Why do you assume i hate it so much?

Because you posted this 'what to do with a bit coin mining operation in Malaysia'

then you 'liked' Raven's anti-crypto argument?

No idea how I came to that conclusion.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is undoubtedly tragic. Really horrible - the situation must have been unimaginable.

But he wants a sign up saying "deep water".

We could literally put signs up everywhere for everything. But for me - water itself should be a sign to anyone who can't swim that says 'stay the fuck away'.

It's up there with the woman who's ill-prepared son who fell off snowdon and died campaigning for tarmac roads on the mountain.

Problem is - these people gain traction.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can't swim, why go anywhere near water.

Sorry, and I know this is harsh, but darwin :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Because you posted this 'what to do with a bit coin mining operation in Malaysia'

then you 'liked' Raven's anti-crypto argument?

No idea how I came to that conclusion.
Doesnt mean i hate it. I came across the video on twitter, i didnt search for it. I agree its a waste of resources. But i dont hate it. Hate is a strong word. And there are very few things in this world i actually hate.
and me liking @Raven post was after you asked if i hated it.

using proof something that happened after the question was asked is dumb

Gwadien

Doesnt mean i hate it. I came across the video on twitter, i didnt search for it. I agree its a waste of resources. But i dont hate it. Hate is a strong word. And there are very few things in this world i actually hate.
and me liking @Raven post was after you asked if i hated it.

using proof something that happened after the question was asked is dumb

When did I say hate?

But you know what, nevermind :)

It's hard to have a conversation when you instantly go on the defensive every time :/

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bitcoin and all related shenanigans make no difference to me, I use it to buy weed and that's about as far as I care, and the actual value of bitcoin or whatever other crypto means little anyway as £60 for a half ounce of shake is still £60 for a half ounce of shake, regardless of how much crypto it is on that day.

My only issue is the legion of people willing to actually invest in this shit, in the long term, do they not realise they are lining the pockets of the rich, with something that is infinitely out of their control? That is how it is working, it may well not be by design, but it is what it is. If you invest in crypto (and specifically Bitcoin) then you need to accept the fact that your carbon footprint is absolutely huge, for absolutely no benefit except personal wealth...which makes you no better than any tyre burning arsehole.

You aren't making some sort of personal sacrifice, you are buying and then counting on market manipulation a product that creates absolutely nothing except contribute to a runaway environment and frankly, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom