SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
This is why people bristle at my posts :)

It's not a minority at all. It's the majority of people who can't "control themselves" - 70% of people in the UK are overweight or obese.

But to show sympathy with fatties - it's not about "controlling yourself" - if it was as simple as self-control then more people would be the right weight - especially given how much of an industry has sprung up to exploit people's desire to be the right weight - and how much effort people put in to be that.

It's about an "obesogenic environment". So we need to make environmental adjustments. And the way to do that is to make it more expensive to be a fat cunt.

Money talks. And as to your and @Bodhi's cry of "fatties ruining it for the rest of us" - if you're only occasional chocolate eaters then expensive chocolate will barely be a blip on your expenditure. But for the twats who eat it every day, it'll change their habits.

There is quite a bit of self control involved.
If I have a load of crisps in the cupboard I'll eat loads more than I should do in a day/week. I'll eat like 12 "single portion" bags in 2 days.

So to stop myself I don't buy any in the first place but I still fancy having some crisps :cry:. I'm tempted to buy them when I shop online. Easier to resist than when actually go to the shops.

When I actually went into the office I would often buy some crisps with a sandwich. I didnt need them I just really enjoy crisps

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As a smoker I pay plenty of extra tax to cover any excess load I put on the NHS
This is true - and it helps stop uptake by kids. (Only the addicted are mad enough to buy tobacco!)

And it's also right - outsize NHS bills go on smokers.

Personally, I think if we live in a capitalist society we should be pricing in real costs of pretty much everything. Environmental, health etc etc. The real cost of production and consumption should be factored in to every single thing we do.

People would therefore retain their freedom to do what they desired - but we'd have the resources to mitigate the issues. For stupid stuff that lots of people do then behaviours would change (people would choose to do/consume the stuff they really loved) - and at the same time, if you really loved two Toblerone's a day then you could still have them.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Thank fuck for that, a nice break from the high horses.

The James May one was the best :D

I was holding it together until the "Find the bastard who shat down my chimney" bit :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How the fuck does one delete 150,000 DNA, fingerprint and other data from the National Police Database? DO NOT THEY FUCKING BACK IT UP?

Embattle

FH is my second home
How the fuck does one delete 150,000 DNA, fingerprint and other data from the National Police Database? DO NOT THEY FUCKING BACK IT UP?

Governments have less backups than I do, in fact if they even had one they probably left it on the bus.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I liked the 'Technical issue' part :D

Why have the also announced it? Seems a bit silly really.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Doesn't always work out that way! See the snap GE pre-brexit :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There is quite a bit of self control involved.
You don't have to tell me. I successfully went from big fat cunt to bob-on. And it wasn't easy.

Totally agree with you though (although you're helping make my point)- you exercise self-control in the shop, you cannot be expected to keep it up at home - humans just aren't designed to act that way.

So it's the environment people are in. If you've got freely available shit, then you'll generally consume that freely available shit. It's how we've evolved. Constant vigilance is an unreasonable ask when it comes to overriding your evolutionary developed desire to eat as much food as you can in a scarce-food environment. Especially when that environment has foods that don't exist anywhere naturally - we have had to make them (50/50 fat/sugar doesn't exist in nature, and importantly doesn't trigger your satiety - so you can eat and eat and eat ice cream and never really feel full).

So yes. We need a mechanism to make there be a downside and prompt us to make better choices. And money is the way the world currently works - so we should use that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I thought they restored them from backup?

The fact was the deletion, no?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Making shit things that are bad for you more expensive forces the manufacturers to make healthier versions to get into the cheaper brackets, see fizzy drinks, it's all sugar-free now, flavoured fizzy water, essentially. So in that respect, does work.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Making shit things that are bad for you more expensive forces the manufacturers to make healthier versions to get into the cheaper brackets, see fizzy drinks, it's all chemicals now, flavoured fizzy water, essentially. So in that respect, does work.
Fixed

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Making shit things that are bad for you more expensive forces the manufacturers to make healthier versions to get into the cheaper brackets, see fizzy drinks, it's all sugar-free now, flavoured fizzy water, essentially. So in that respect, does work.

Yes, which has been an absolute fucking shambles. Not only does Irn Bru now taste like piss, but for people who like to avoid artificial sweeteners (they always give me a headache without fail) it's a bit of a nightmare. I can basically drink Pepsi, or Coke if I'm feeling like a deviant.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You don't have to tell me. I successfully went from big fat cunt to bob-on. And it wasn't easy.

Totally agree with you though (although you're helping make my point)- you exercise self-control in the shop, you cannot be expected to keep it up at home - humans just aren't designed to act that way.

So it's the environment people are in. If you've got freely available shit, then you'll generally consume that freely available shit. It's how we've evolved. Constant vigilance is an unreasonable ask when it comes to overriding your evolutionary developed desire to eat as much food as you can in a scarce-food environment. Especially when that environment has foods that don't exist anywhere naturally - we have had to make them (50/50 fat/sugar doesn't exist in nature, and importantly doesn't trigger your satiety - so you can eat and eat and eat ice cream and never really feel full).

So yes. We need a mechanism to make there be a downside and prompt us to make better choices. And money is the way the world currently works - so we should use that.
Its always the reformed or ex smokers and fatties who are the most tyranical about those who stilldo / are

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its always the reformed or ex smokers and fatties who are the most tyranical about those who stilldo / are
Advocating for proven unhealthy and nutritionally defunct corporate profitmaking "foodstuffs" that are making the human population sick to be made a bit more expensive is what passes for tyranny nowadays is it?

;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Governments have less backups than I do, in fact if they even had one they probably left it on the bus.
Fuck me, it is not down to the Government. Stop blaming Governments for everything.
I thought they restored them from backup?

The fact was the deletion, no?
Not sure the Poilce Force has announced that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck me, it is not down to the Government. Stop blaming Governments for everything.
Police IS government. Cut and dried. It's a failure of a mature controls environment from the very top that allows arms of the state to operate incompetently.

Not sure the Poilce Force has announced that.
Thought I read it somewhere in the original article... maybe not :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So then:

Do Epic have a point - that they're getting raped (30%) having to use iOS or Google app stores (their argument will be that apple and google dominate the user base so you really *have* to use their stores).

Or should Epic fuck off - they don't have to use those stores (well, I think you do for apple, no?)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Police IS government. Cut and dried. It's a failure of a mature controls environment from the very top that allows arms of the state to operate incompetently.

Thought I read it somewhere in the original article... maybe not :)
No, the Police are governed by the IPCC. It is like saying some fucking scrote working in Rushmoor council deleted something that should not have been. That is not the Governments fault. they devolved that right to the borough.

No Government is responsible for every devolved party/commision below them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, the Police are governed by the IPCC.
Nope. Whilst some powers are devolved (and in different manners across the home countries, some cities and the wider commonwealth) they are all accountable to Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services.

The HMICxxx is accountable to the Home Office.

So, Government. Who can take that power back any time they like.

When these devolutions happened there was outcry at the time that it was a bullshit paper exercise by the Tories to create bodies that they can ditch in a nice "PR coup" when things go wrong, rather than taking the blame themselves.

Ultimately ALL arms of state stop at the government. All roads lead to Rome.

Government is (allegedly) accountable to the electorate. The incompetent po-po is ultimately Government's job to fix as they are ultimately accountable.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So then:

Do Epic have a point - that they're getting raped (30%) having to use iOS or Google app stores (their argument will be that apple and google dominate the user base so you really *have* to use their stores).

Or should Epic fuck off - they don't have to use those stores (well, I think you do for apple, no?)

Hard one, innit.

Personally I think Epic should withdraw everything from both Apple and Google and encourage other app developers to do the same until Google or Apple budge for the good of all app developers, unfortunately for most developers their only income is via Google or Apple as you say.

It's hardly a David vs Goliath story though, Epic are big boys and they have lots of exclusive games on their platform, I'd be interested to see the deals with the companies that they have exclusivity with though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So then:

Epic should fuck off.

If Apple and Google want to charge X% to sell in their shop then they can do, or Epic can sell elsewhere. If they don't like it then they certainly shouldn't try and go around the terms that they agreed to, they should renegotiate.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
When some person deletes stuff that they have access to is not the fault of the Government. Micro management is not a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom