SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I don't know much about crypto but isn't that a massive risk if it is stored on a drive? What if you have a fire? What if the PC is stolen? What if the hard drive fails completely?
Currency ? Yeah easy to lose. I got a trezor hardware wallet and even then i should store the 24 or so recovery words separately.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't know much about crypto but isn't that a massive risk if it is stored on a drive? What if you have a fire? What if the PC is stolen? What if the hard drive fails completely?
You should have a backup of your keys

I've got 1.2btc on a wallet on my drive. I've printed out the key somewhere tho.

Somewhere ;)

Remember - Bitcoin's original remit was a non-governmental, non-banking controlled medium of exchange that wasn't sucseptible to currency manipulation or fraudulent transactions. The idea was to empower the public to take control of their wealth and their assets and remove that from government and corporate interference. In effect to digitally take us back to a digital barter system in many ways - you agree an exchange of goods and or services between you and BTC would be the clearly logged transaction (open ledger for the whole world to read (unlike banks right now, who facilitate money laundering and criminality on a massive scale)).

Part of that is taking control of your cryptography. The problem I agree is that it takes technical savvy to do that. I'm of the opinion that crypto exchanges are the new banks. But they need to be much *much* more secure and much easier to deal with.

The bent money men will never let BTC become what it could be - an unabuseable medium of exchange where middlemen don't get their cut - but it is becoming an asset class.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

I've got 1.2btc on a wallet on my drive. I've printed out the key somewhere tho.

Somewhere ;)

Remember - Bitcoin's original remit was a non-governmental, non-banking controlled medium of exchange that wasn't sucseptible to currency manipulation or fraudulent transactions. The idea was to empower the public to take control of their wealth and their assets and remove that from government and corporate interference. In effect to digitally take us back to a digital barter system in many ways - you agree an exchange of goods and or services between you and BTC would be the clearly logged transaction (open ledger for the whole world to read (unlike banks right now, who facilitate money laundering and criminality on a massive scale)).

Part of that is taking control of your cryptography. The problem I agree is that it takes technical savvy to do that. I'm of the opinion that crypto exchanges are the new banks. But they need to be much *much* more secure and much easier to deal with.

The bent money men will never let BTC become what it could be - an unabuseable medium of exchange where middlemen don't get their cut - but it is becoming an asset class.

Yeah on that:

View: https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1349399620166819840?s=20

Lagarde complaining about funny business is like Al Capone complaining about tax dodging, but hey it's 2021, and self awareness is no longer a thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lagarde complaining about funny business is like Al Capone complaining about tax dodging, but hey it's 2021, and self awareness is no longer a thing.

Yep - "Bent Head of criminally bent banking institutions (ex head of the world bank) that have (collectively) institutionally fucked over countries and governs the banks that still facilitate money laundering on a mahoosive scale (yes, that's $8.9 billion in fines for just last year - the money laundering is in the trillions) has a pop at a money transfer medium which, at it's very core, is an open-ledger that everybody in the world can read, should they so desire".

Fuck Lagarde. In her children's faces :)

As for the regulation? If they enforce know-your-customer legislation globally then I'm all for that. It'll legitimise the coins. I'd quite like a $400k bitcoin, thankyouverymuch :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Wow. I've never seen that and I live a couple of miles from Howth Head.
Reading through some of the comments suggests visibility is drastically improved by how cold the air is? No idea whether that is true, or the science behind it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd love to rule out that he's faked it. I've no idea how cold air would affect that.

The reverse view, from the top of Snowdon, the Glyders or any of the Carneddau on a clear sunny day you can see Ireland, but nothing like that sort of detail.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe the cold air is cold, clean, dry air - the removal of significant amounts of moisture from the air might do the trick if haze and distance blueing is the result of moisture (and pollution).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Somewhere ;)

I have 2 ledger nano s (for backups) and have my keys stored somewhere just in case.

My portfolio is nowhere near your value :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'd love to rule out that he's faked it. I've no idea how cold air would affect that.

The reverse view, from the top of Snowdon, the Glyders or any of the Carneddau on a clear sunny day you can see Ireland, but nothing like that sort of detail.
This. Not sure how high up you would have to be cause of the curvature or the earth

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My portfolio is nowhere near your value :(
Potentially the best 3 grand I'd ever spent.

Wished I'd spunked the amount of cash I spent on mining rigs on just buying the damn thing. I'd have paid my house off...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Maybe the cold air is cold, clean, dry air - the removal of significant amounts of moisture from the air might do the trick if haze and distance blueing is the result of moisture (and pollution).

Cold air does tend to carry less moisture - add in the fact there has been very little wind recently to kick up spray from the ocean that would explain that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Potentially the best 3 grand I'd ever spent.

Wished I'd spunked the amount of cash I spent on mining rigs on just buying the damn thing. I'd have paid my house off...
I've not really followed the crypto market for a while after I stopped mining. Are there any up and coming cryptos out there?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This. Not sure how high up you would have to be cause of the curvature or the earth

Top of Snowdon to horizon visibility is about 120KM and Howth Head to Snowdon is nearly 150KM, so it feels a bit fishy to me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've not really followed the crypto market for a while after I stopped mining. Are there any up and coming cryptos out there?
Honestly, I'm not close enough to it. It's no better than gambling for me.

I did spunk a grand on XRP when it dropped through the floor because of the SEC lawsuit - and the next day it went up 46%. That's a load of bullshit though - because when the lawsuit hits, it might hit zero.

I don't even bet on the grand national - but volatility makes it feel like gambling rather than investing. In the medium term I think most of the majors are probably reasonable assets. In the much longer term maybe quantum computing will put the keys at risk of a genuine attack, which would kill it all off.

Or...

INVEST IT ALL! TO THE MOON!!!!11111oneelevenfanboi!"11"

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Speaking of which.

ouch

If he expects that drive to contain data after 8 years buried under a load of shit I have a bridge I am selling.

There is also another guy in America with over £200 mill on an IronKey, he has two password guesses left before it self erases.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So people are complaining that Samsung are not including a standard USB/plug socket charger and not including earphones with the new S21. Samsung have said that people already have them.

Now obviously it's a cost-cutting measure, but it is a valid point, everyone has loads of the USB chargers, we don't need more plastic things in kitchen drawers!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Honestly, I'm not close enough to it. It's no better than gambling for me.

I did spunk a grand on XRP when it dropped through the floor because of the SEC lawsuit - and the next day it went up 46%. That's a load of bullshit though - because when the lawsuit hits, it might hit zero.

I don't even bet on the grand national - but volatility makes it feel like gambling rather than investing. In the medium term I think most of the majors are probably reasonable assets. In the much longer term maybe quantum computing will put the keys at risk of a genuine attack, which would kill it all off.

Or...

INVEST IT ALL! TO THE MOON!!!!11111oneelevenfanboi!"11"
I'm holding a bit of XRP from way back but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole now. Mostly ETH for me with a couple of investments along the way - some more successful (IOTA, Enjin, Loopring) than others (Kin, Request).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So people are complaining that Samsung are not including a standard USB/plug socket charger and not including earphones with the new S21. Samsung have said that people already have them.

Now obviously it's a cost-cutting measure, but it is a valid point, everyone has loads of the USB chargers, we don't need more plastic things in kitchen drawers!
They did a pretty cool-sounding thing at CES where they they promote using old phones as baby monitors or motion sensors or whatever else. It might be a gimmick but it sounded interesting.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They did a pretty cool-sounding thing at CES where they they promote using old phones as baby monitors or motion sensors or whatever else. It might be a gimmick but it sounded interesting.

I was thinking of using old phones as internal CCTV cameras but never got around to it and ended up just buying some cheap things off Amazon (more plastic crap!) that work, but I definitely think things need repurposing. A baby monitor is a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom