SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Frankie Boyle:

I know its very fashionable at the minute for people to go "everyone who voted for Brexit is stupid". I really don't think that they are all stupid. I think they're just people who voted to put an end to immigration from Europe because they don't like Pakistanis. Imagine what its like being an immigrant in Britain at the minute and being told you need to integrate more by people who spend their holidays pointing at a picture of egg & chips on a menu

:LOL:

Source: Frankie Boyle Live - Excitied for You to See and Hate This
BBC iplayer

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Theresa May had to go didn't she. Towards the end she had all the authority of a Do Not Tumble Dry label. Towards the end her body language had gone. I didn't realise it was possible to limp with both legs. So now we've got Boris Johnson. An evolutionary dead end of the honey monster. A bin bag of albino body parts. A cross between the Incredible Hulk and a Haribo fried egg.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

So fossil car ban brought forward to 2030.
I just do not see how this is remotely doable.

The National grid seemed to have been forced to claim they can easily handle it, which is patently boloks without serious control over charging times, speed and length.
National grid carefully word a statement that only 10% increase in consumption in the evening.

Juat look at kwh needed to charge for 100m range.
Screenshot_2020-09-21-08-24-39-1.png

Then theres.

'The question of location is generally one of the hardest ones to answer when it comes to charging points. According to the 2017 English Housing Survey, 36 per cent of homes in the UK don’t have off street parking, which makes getting charging points and cables to the cars tricky. This problem extends to businesses too – and since these, along with parking areas in major public areas, are meant to be the key locations for drivers to charge their cars, this additional difficulty is another hurdle for EV adoption.'

They claim 95% of drivers will be within 50 miles of new charging points

50 fucking miles.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The grid will have no problems. Easy to cover demand like that in the grid.

Domestic use is dwarfed by industrial so adding cars isn't a massive biggie.

50 fucking miles.

Link to this claim though please.

It would be nice to see who claims this.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

The National grid seemed to have been forced to claim they can easily handle it, which is patently boloks without serious control over charging times, speed and length.
National grid carefully word a statement that only 10% increase in consumption in the evening.

View attachment 42565

Then theres.

'The question of location is generally one of the hardest ones to answer when it comes to charging points. According to the 2017 English Housing Survey, 36 per cent of homes in the UK don’t have off street parking, which makes getting charging points and cables to the cars tricky. This problem extends to businesses too – and since these, along with parking areas in major public areas, are meant to be the key locations for drivers to charge their cars, this additional difficulty is another hurdle for EV adoption.'

50 fucking miles.

It's all 'boloks' anyway - Unless we have the Green party in power in 2030 I can't see the fossil fuel ban happening.

Too much power in fossil fuel companies.

It would be nice to have a post-Brexit UK that leads the world for all the right reasons, but I fear it'll be for the wrong reasons.

Send the Welsh down the pits!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

View attachment 42565

Then theres.

50 fucking miles.

I'd be amazed if 95% of drivers weren't within 50 miles of a fast charger now. There are about 8500 in the UK but like broadband (up by about 50% since the 2017 article you refer to), Wales gets the shitty end of the stick. And unlike broadband, the bigger issue is interoperability.

The off-street parking issue does need to be addressed though; its a pretty perverse logic that means you have to drive your car to a charging station because you can't do it at home. I keep hearing about solutions built into lampposts but I can't help think vandalism/security will be a massive issue.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You would also be surprised at the amount of faffing about and expense that is involved in laying 'public cable' and how little there actually is that you can plumb into as it were. Towns and new-builds are better but many rural areas have very limited infrastructure. There would need to be some sort of system involved to metre people's usage, which would involve actual equipment at the side of the road, not just a socket. The solution would be to make points usable and no cost at point of charge, with the cost being added to road tax or something. Plus ofc the maintenance costs of the network.

It obviously could be rolled out but the cost would be astronomical for a tech that isn't actually that great and is essentially a stop-gap before hydrogen becomes viable. There are over 40 million cars on UK roads, plus however many vans, trucks, buses etc. The amount of rare earth metals (that have to be shipped around the world from environmentally questionable sources) would be crazy.

It sounds nice but it's not going to happen.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Pepa Pig themed facemasks...disposable on your way back to the car too.

119935599_202760404529896_888143999024994607_n.jpg

Job

Its in the article I linked:m00:

Also all the figures are for cars only ..not HGV.

Job

That 10% figure just has to be with them controlling charge.
Most houses have 80amp limit, if a while block plugged in a fast charge the local transformer would trip out.
Say 1000 cars puling 30 amps.
30 thousand amps extra onto the local grid..jesus, the lights would go dim.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
4fr05a.jpg

^ To celebrate my 12,000 post here.

DIE TO METEOR.

IBTL, Teedles like the CoC, Toth is an old bastard, Deebs is grumpy, Jup is mean and like sticks, Scouse is northern, Overdriven is a cunt, DaGaff likes duct tape, etc etc for everyone.,

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well worth a watch (yes yes it's James O'Brien), even though the type of person it's aimed at (funnily enough the username is made up of James O'Brien's initials) will, to hammer home the point made in the video, choose not to.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anyone upgraded to Android 11 yet?

After what Android 10 did I'm reluctant (no lockscreen widgets, no clipboard use across apps.)

If I could use my banking apps on a rooted phone, I'd root it tonight and bring back everything I miss from previous versions, including system font style change, synchronise system time, camera shortcut on lockscreen, coloured notification icons, backward compatibility with older widgets and app versions, dedicated notification volume slider control, disable ambient lighting, restrict apps starting on boot, running apps control, always on screen for selected apps, custom notification sounds for each app, etc

Last edited:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
View attachment 42568

DIE TO METEOR.

IBTL, Teedles like the CoC, Toth is an old bastard, Deebs is grumpy, Jup is mean and like sticks, Scouse is northern, Overdriven is a cunt, DaGaff likes duct tape, etc etc for everyone.,
Gr4tz

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

After what Android 10 did I'm reluctant (no lockscreen widgets, no clipboard use across apps.)

If I could use my banking apps on a rooted phone, I'd root it tonight and bring back everything I miss from previous versions, including system font style change, synchronise system time, camera shortcut on lockscreen, coloured notification icons, backward compatibility with older widgets and app versions, dedicated notification volume slider control, disable ambient lighting, restrict apps starting on boot, running apps control, always on screen for selected apps, custom notification sounds for each app, etc
What about downgrading? Surely you get everything back and keep banking apps?

Embattle

FH is my second home

I'm on 11, it is a little bit clunky at times compared to 10 atm.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've played wayyyyyyy too many hours of FTL. Way too many.

Anyway. Just completed what has to be the closest victory in the history of the game. For those that have played it and won, you'll appreciate the screenshot :)

closestFTLevah.jpgPhew! Took one for the team! :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
View attachment 42568

DIE TO METEOR.

:D GG and well played sport !!

Job

Yes..he cant be accused of jumping on the bandwagon.
He basically is the bandwagon.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes..he cant be accused of jumping on the bandwagon.
Lets pretend there's no climate warming, for the purposes of argument. Exclude it.

If you measure a 68% decline in mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles since 1970 - i.e. the last 50 years - how is that "bandwagon".

It doesn't rely on modelling. It's "we count these things on a regular basis, and this is what's happened".

So - two direct questions:

1) How is saying "we need to do something about this clear problem" a bandwagon.
2) Do you think we should do something about this.

No waffle please. If you're only going to answer one of them - 2) is the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom