SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You're wasting you're time.

@Job doesn't understand the problem.

When we run out of liver and onion he will worry.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bloody stupid beta version keyboard I'm using
Just accidentally sent the word "Bum" to my aunt
I hardly ever see her let alone talk to her. I've never texted her. Now she's got "bum" from me

o_O

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
No the sooner Liver and onion is off the menu the better
I can not agree - when liver and onion (there should be bacon also..) are cooked correctly its is the most awesome meal - over cooked and yes it should be banished to purgatory and hell...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can not agree - when liver and onion (there should be bacon also..) are cooked correctly its is the most awesome meal - over cooked and yes it should be banished to purgatory and hell...
Garlic, and a bit of homemade elderberry balsamic vinegar in the gravy.

Big fucking pile of win. And you can keto the fuck out of it by foregoing potato and adding a leek instead :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography

Big fucking pile of win. And you can keto the fuck out of it by foregoing potato and adding a leek instead :)
Aye it doesn't need potato in it it can have leek but you know I good mashed potato would be awesome (sorry been on liquids for nearly 2 months ...oO)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Aye it doesn't need potato in it it can have leek but you know I good mashed potato would be awesome (sorry been on liquids for nearly 2 months ...oO)
Dont all these strict diet things drive you nuts?

just eating a little bit less than you need each day is enough to loose weight.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dont all these strict diet things drive you nuts?

just eating a little bit less than you need each day is enough to loose weight.
Just eating a little bit less than you need every day drives me (and most people) nuts. That's why 70% of the country is overweight.

Keto (ultra-low carb / whatever) - isn't madly restrictive. It's easy (after you've learned/understand it). When I was doing it I pretty much ate what I'd normally eat anyway - just cutting out the carbs. But because of that I never felt hungry.

And because of that, it was easy to stick to - and induce that caloric restriction. Because if your body is eating fat - then it's got plenty round your midriff to nibble on.

Hey presto! :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Doesnt matter how it's cooked it's still tastes vile.
So much so I can't stand the smell of bacon and onion fried together as it reminds me of the liver that went with it :cry:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just eating a little bit less than you need every day drives me (and most people) nuts. That's why 70% of the country is overweight.

Keto (ultra-low carb / whatever) - isn't madly restrictive. It's easy (after you've learned/understand it). When I was doing it I pretty much ate what I'd normally eat anyway - just cutting out the carbs. But because of that I never felt hungry.

And because of that, it was easy to stick to - and induce that caloric restriction. Because if your body is eating fat - then it's got plenty round your midriff to nibble on.

Hey presto! :)
Yeah different strokes for different folks. in esssence all diets are reducing calories under the sustainable level. I found it quite easy over a year to lose 3 stone just eating a bit less than before.. and havent put any on since really.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

100% this... except... my Dad used to make it for us when I was young, and I can never quite get it to taste the same as my memory. Same goes for his legendary bacon sandwiches, actually.

I'm hungry now :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If pigs didn't exist, and human skin was made of bacon, would cannibalism be legalised; would we breed humans for eating?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If pigs didn't exist, and human skin was made of bacon, would cannibalism be legalised; would we breed humans for eating?

I'm not sure @Lamp. But I've got a chilli on the go made from a freshly butchered (by the o/h) one of these.

So I don't know why I'd eat anything human (other than gentle munching on lady bits (and potentially my own scabs)...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aye but cars dont taste nice
Fully aware of that. But we could absolutely transform our diet in ways that aren't so meat heavy that retains amazing flavour.

Personally, I think the biggest issue is time - who has the time to cook?

A 3 day working week would help ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
15 minutes is completely unreasonable for most people outside of urban bubbles.

What governments need to do is offer incentives for businesses to offer home working, or at least partial home working. Covid has proven that for a large amount of people, working from home works, though I am not sure how well it would work if I didn't know my colleagues and didn't know what part of the finance machine they were responsible for or how their function worked.

The other thing is that a lot of people that are able to work from home are in higher paid positions, public transport has to be affordable and convenient for lower skilled/paid people. Our warehouse lads are no less important to our business than I am but there is no way they can work from home. in rural and semi rural areas public transport is expensive, dirty and poorly designed (route wise) that's if it exists at all, my village has zero buses now, the nearest bus stop is a mile away and the route doesn't take you anywhere useful. Local public transport costs should be tied to your tax code, lower tier, free, subsidised by higher paid people. If I was to use public transport it would take me nearly an hour to get to and from work, despite me living less than 5 miles away.

HS2 won't change anything at all for anyone, the vast amount of money being sunk into that particular farce would be much better spent on targeted local infrastructure, same with all the dicking about on changing motorways.

If we are going to do anything that is going to create change then we need to completely change our way of looking at costs and expenditure. You can't reasonably ask hard up people to pay more or jump through more hoops to get to work.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
15 minute city @DaGaffer (from @Job's link).

Sloganeering tbh. London actually evolved as a series of loosely connected "villages" with amenities close to hand and generally speaking that's still true, but people still use cars even when their shops are a five-minute walk away, and while I can certainly agree that's an issue worth fixing, what I find a bit sinister from the Monbiots of this world is they want us to go back to the world of living and working in one place all the time, and let the virtual replace the experience of experiencing the wider world. They would rather humans didn't travel anywhere.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sloganeering tbh. London actually evolved as a series of loosely connected "villages" with amenities close to hand and generally speaking that's still true, but people still use cars even when their shops are a five-minute walk away, and while I can certainly agree that's an issue worth fixing, what I find a bit sinister from the Monbiots of this world is they want us to go back to the world of living and working in one place all the time, and let the virtual replace the experience of experiencing the wider world. They would rather humans didn't travel anywhere.
I think if travel was clean, non-destructive and non-polluting then I don't think anyone could have a reasonable expectation of what you described.

But whilst the planet is overpopulated and travel so damaging, something needs to happen and the model needs to change. What form that is, who knows? But local resources are absolutely a no-brainer.

As for people jumping in their car for 5 minute walk length journeys. My preference would be to shoot the fuckers. But I suspect that, technologically, there's a way of making that financially expensive. In the meantime, that particular quandry is no barrier for thinking of ways that we make structural reforms that are so desparately needed.

Business as usual ain't really an option. Honestly, I don't think we'll change - we're fucked by our own hand - but wholesale structural change is required (in the absence of magical technological advancement).

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
15 minutes is completely unreasonable for most people outside of urban bubbles.

What governments need to do is offer incentives for businesses to offer home working, or at least partial home working. Covid has proven that for a large amount of people, working from home works, though I am not sure how well it would work if I didn't know my colleagues and didn't know what part of the finance machine they were responsible for or how their function worked.

The other thing is that a lot of people that are able to work from home are in higher paid positions, public transport has to be affordable and convenient for lower skilled/paid people. Our warehouse lads are no less important to our business than I am but there is no way they can work from home. in rural and semi rural areas public transport is expensive, dirty and poorly designed (route wise) that's if it exists at all, my village has zero buses now, the nearest bus stop is a mile away and the route doesn't take you anywhere useful. Local public transport costs should be tied to your tax code, lower tier, free, subsidised by higher paid people. If I was to use public transport it would take me nearly an hour to get to and from work, despite me living less than 5 miles away.

HS2 won't change anything at all for anyone, the vast amount of money being sunk into that particular farce would be much better spent on targeted local infrastructure, same with all the dicking about on changing motorways.

If we are going to do anything that is going to create change then we need to completely change our way of looking at costs and expenditure. You can't reasonably ask hard up people to pay more or jump through more hoops to get to work.
That's the same as the silvertown crossing. It'll cost billions, screw up the area and in the meantime existing Thames crossings that also allow people to walk across are falling into disrepair.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
There are 88 thousand EV charge points in the US.
By 2030Screenshot_2020-09-23-17-34-43-1.png Screenshot_2020-09-23-17-34-43-1.pngthey will need 9.6m to go fully electric.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I bloody love the look of this. It was released today, I've been keeping an eye on it for a while, it has a wonderful art style and the music sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom