SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
As someone with grandchildren, I thought you'd give more of a shit - boats in the channel? They will see hordes coming through the tunnel crossing...

Internal pressure from a country -> change in politics -> spreading those politics abroad using economic sanctions, it's pretty much the only way.

Telling people to go and protest in China is a bit silly isn't it?

Well, the Channel will be much wider and the tunnel completely flooded by then, so, y'know...silver linings.

DaGaffer

You do realise that if the UK turned off fossil fuel usage tomorrow it would do fuckall to the climate. Absolutely fuckall. The protesters need to get over to China, India and the US if they really want Governments that can impact climate change to listen.

But again COPxx just shows that Governments cannot effectively work together as each will prioritise their own economies over anyone elses.

That argument is done. You show leadership, not point fingers. But "global Britain" is just going to be an asset stripped irrelevance in a few years anyway, so yeah let the Tories frack the place into the sea, it's where you're going to end up anyway, may as well get it over and done with.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As someone with grandchildren, I thought you'd give more of a shit - boats in the channel? They will see hordes coming through the tunnel crossing...

Internal pressure from a country -> change in politics -> spreading those politics abroad using economic sanctions, it's pretty much the only way.

Telling people to go and protest in China is a bit silly isn't it?
Not at all, I am just pointing out reality. If the UK stopped using fossil fuels it would make no impact, well 1%. Also our net usage of fossil fuels has gone down by over 6% this year according to the following:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That argument is done. You show leadership, not point fingers. But "global Britain" is just going to be an asset stripped irrelevance in a few years anyway, so yeah let the Tories frack the place into the sea, it's where you're going to end up anyway, may as well get it over and done with.
Until the top 3 CO2 countries start doing something about it the world is being held to ransom by them. According to that website I posted they account for 50% of the emissions between them. Single countries doing their bit will not make a difference and it has been shown that we won't work together, every COPxx has been full of bullshit.

DaGaffer

Until the top 3 CO2 countries start doing something about it the world is being held to ransom by them. According to that website I posted they account for 50% of the emissions between them. Single countries doing their bit will not make a difference and it has been shown that we won't work together, every COPxx has been full of bullshit.

If countries that consume say...Chinese products, mandate that goods can only be imported if they come from net zero factories and can show it; China will accelerate it's decarbonization, but Britain wants to do the opposite of that.

This finger pointing bullshit has to stop.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If countries that consume say...Chinese products, mandate that goods can only be imported if they come from net zero factories and can show it; China will accelerate it's decarbonization, but Britain wants to do the opposite of that.

Absolutely.

To suggest that your carbon footprint is limited to the imaginary boundaries of your made up country is the biggest pile of bullshit ever.

Embattle

FH is my second home

This finger pointing bullshit has to stop.

I believe the problem with that notion is it goes against WTO rules, hence the EU which I believe has been working on something like that is going no where.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I believe the problem with that notion is it goes against WTO rules, hence the EU which I believe has been working on something like that is going no where.
Who gives a fuck if it goes against WTO rules? If "rules" are a reason that are stopping you from doing the right thing then you change the rules.

Again, it doesn't need agreement - it needs countries to do the right thing. Exactly like @DaGaffer's point above - if some countries aren't doing the right thing then that's no barrier - we can still do it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I get the "optimistic" @Embattle - but if Brexit was a sovreignity argument - "Great Britain Can Act How It Likes" - then it's a bullshit argument to say we can't.

Like "Raising Environmental Standards" or "Improving stuff the EU rules are holding us back from doing" - we could. But we we're actually not some great power, but a whiny little shit country, so we'll do what we're doing - the wrong things, more of the wrong things and at an accelerated pace because the EU isn't holding us back from being wankers any more.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is exactly why I hate the anti-free-speech lefties:

Front page - top news story at the Grauniad. His comments are "offensive" apparently (and they'd love to see him kicked off the show).

Now, I find the show offensive myself. Almost as much as I find the desire to regulate language offensive, especially language used in private. But this sort of shit by the leftie press undermines them.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I get the "optimistic" @Embattle - but if Brexit was a sovreignity argument - "Great Britain Can Act How It Likes" - then it's a bullshit argument to say we can't.

Like "Raising Environmental Standards" or "Improving stuff the EU rules are holding us back from doing" - we could. But we we're actually not some great power, but a whiny little shit country, so we'll do what we're doing - the wrong things, more of the wrong things and at an accelerated pace because the EU isn't holding us back from being wankers any more.

I'm in favour of a pollution based import tax, doesn't change the reality it won't work when it looks horns with WTO rules unless those you intend to punish agree to the changes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck all to do with anyone but us @Embattle - the point in case:
So, we could ban imports of Chinese products unless they can show they come from net zero factories. We could do that. Unilaterally. We have "control of our borders".

Frankly, it'd stop a lot of Chinese tat being imported and consumed by British wankers. I think it's a great idea. And if these businesses wanted access to the valuable British market they could do it, or fuck off.

On top of that, if it's stuff we really need and they refused to sell it to us / we refuse to allow it in, then that creates a local business opportunity in THIS country - of course, meeting our own rules.

Win > Win.

DaGaffer

I'm in favour of a pollution based import tax, doesn't change the reality it won't work when it looks horns with WTO rules unless those you intend to punish agree to the changes.

Trade Agreements routinely add regulatory standards over and above WTO rules, and there's actually nothing in WTO itself anyway that stops you from restricting imports based on your own criteria, all it says is you can't discriminate by country (so apply stricter standards on one country over another for the same goods).

These issues are all fixable given the will to do so, and ironically post-Brexit Britain has, in theory, more of an opportunity to take a leadership role, but it won't because...Tory cunts.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
So aye, Elon's paid Twitter backfired LOL

View attachment 47205

It's not backfired at all, the bloke doesn't give a fuck. He wants Twitter to make money, all of this free speech stuff is just noise.

Mind Biden is talking about investigating his links to foreign powers as apparently Saudi part funded the takeover.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's not backfired at all, the bloke doesn't give a fuck. He wants Twitter to make money, all of this free speech stuff is just noise.

Mind Biden is talking about investigating his links to foreign powers as apparently Saudi part funded the takeover.

Twitter will never make money. It is basically a minority of people screaming at each other. It has no use. It used to pretend it was something different, which brought in advertising. Gloves are off now though, their only revenue stream is long dead.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Twitter has a lot of uses, and Musk will add more revenue makers to it - he has started it already. Not quite sure where it will go.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure how, he was banging on about $8 a week for getting a tick or whatever, then gave the tick to a load of fake accounts, then binned it. Now he is back to screaming into the void.

$44 billion. Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom