SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can play dominoes and poker in RDR
That actually puts me off a bit.

I have a long-developed mistrust of "open world" games as they seem like excuses for not putting a proper storyline together and just making you walk from marker to marker to "do thing" and grind. But I hear Elden Ring doesn't do that. Having said that - I like a story - and I hear RDRs is very good.

Maybe neither? I don't know if I want to sink 100 hours into something when I should be learning the guitar/building a chicken tractor/riding a bike/masturbating.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I mean.. its not really the same is it? I get what you're saying but the greater good dictates they keep the peace after the queen has just died, rather than having hardcore royalists fighting with anti-monarchists in the streets.

Then arrest the people committing violence not the guy holding the sign?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Then arrest the people committing violence not the guy holding the sign?

One could argue holding a sign would incite violence?

It's a lot more tense after the Queen has just died, ordinarily they wouldn't be as strict.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One could argue holding a sign would incite violence?
Oh sod off. You're responsible for holding your fists down.

I was kinda hoping the Scousers would boo the minutes silence before the game tomorrow night as hardly any of them will give a fuck about the monarchy. But they've sorta been instructed by Klopp not to do so, so I suspect it'll be well observed.

But if it isn't - it's a protest against monarchy, not insulting poor helpless grannies.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh sod off. You're responsible for holding your fists down.

I was kinda hoping the Scousers would boo the minutes silence before the game tomorrow night as hardly any of them will give a fuck about the monarchy. But they've sorta been instructed by Klopp not to do so, so I suspect it'll be well observed.

But if it isn't - it's a protest against monarchy, not insulting poor helpless grannies.

Missing the point entirely. You're looking at as attacking the royal family, I'm looking at it as not starting a 2 sided street brawl (which given how zealous some royal supporters are, isn't out of the question when pushed)

Be it holding up a sign or shouting abuse, same shit. The police are absolutely right to shut it down before it gets out of hand. Were it to get out of hand, they'd be scrutinized for doing nowt to prevent it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Missing the point entirely. You're looking at as attacking the royal family, I'm looking at it as not starting a 2 sided street brawl (which given how zealous some royal supporters are, isn't out of the question when pushed)

Be it holding up a sign or shouting abuse, same shit. The police are absolutely right to shut it down before it gets out of hand. Were it to get out of hand, they'd be scrutinized for doing nowt to prevent it.
What your advocating for is a world where police can stop people expressing their opinions just in case arseholes start fights. It's a world where unpopular opinions could never be expressed. You're anti freedom of speech.

We're supposed to live in a world where people are free to say what they like - and people can say what they like back. But if you step over the line into violence - then you get arrested. End of.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
We're supposed to live in a world where people are free to say what they like - and people can say what they like back.

Hate to break it to you but we haven't lived in a world like that for over a decade now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hate to break it to you but we haven't lived in a world like that for over a decade now.
Because people like you would rather the state "protected" fighty people from themselves like the children we all are, than allow people to hold signs up. Right?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Because people like you would rather the state "protected" fighty people from themselves like the children we all are, than allow people to hold signs up. Right?

Whoa whoa whoa, let me you stop you right there. People like "Me" ? I was simply hazarding a guess as to why they took such action, don't lump me with any crowd. I'm very much neutral in all of this. I'm neither for nor against the Monarchy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But you are for the police stepping in during peaceful protest.

Pro or anti royal - you've made an anti-freedom of speech argument. An anti-peaceful protest argument.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Shocker I know but I can't say I'm that bothered, to me it is little more than a protest to try and antagonise the majority right in their face.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
A guy says "well i didn't vote for him" and gets arrested, what happens when someone says something actually controversial?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I guess it's fine when those nutters hang out at funerals for gays and soldiers with placards going on about burning in hell is fine too then.

There is a time and a place, just because some "Look at me, my opinion matters, yours doesn't" idiot wants their time in the sun, doesn't mean they should get it. It's either taking them away or watching the whole thing turn into a shit show where the public decide to act and the idiot gets mobbed. Simples.

Someone has died, that is/was important to millions and millions of people, why not hold an opinion and still allow others to show their grief in peace?

I know it's very important what opinion people have these days, everyone has to fit into a tidy little box with a label, it's easier than thinking.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I guess it's fine when those nutters hang out at funerals for gays and soldiers with placards going on about burning in hell is fine too then.

There is a time and a place, just because some "Look at me, my opinion matters, yours doesn't" idiot wants their time in the sun, doesn't mean they should get it. It's either taking them away or watching the whole thing turn into a shit show where the public decide to act and the idiot gets mobbed. Simples.

Someone has dies, that is important to millions and millions of people, why not hold and opinion and still allow others to show their grief in peace?

Isn't the point that they're *arrested* not just 'moved on?'

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Isn't the point that they're *arrested* not just 'moved on?'

They probably thought that was the easiest thing to do at the time, arrest them, move them away and then de-arrest them. Being shown to do something and de-escalate the situation. Nobody was hurt, nobody was mobbed. Everyone moved on.

Edit, as usual, the media are turning it into an us vs them thing, regardless of the original "thing" more labelling, division and screaming on twitter, sells papers.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
If saying distasteful things were a crime half the forum would be in jail

The example given of the guy making a flippant comment was nowhere near the funeral procession or any of the royal family, so some snowflake gets offended on behalf of someone else and an arrest is made, thats what bothers me the most.

Im not quite at Scouses anything goes anywhere level but its mind boggling that people cant see how dangerous it is to accept that the police are arresting people for saying things out loud in public

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Shocker I know but I can't say I'm that bothered, to me it is little more than a protest to try and antagonise the majority right in their face.
First they came for the 22% of people in the UK who are republicans, but I did not speak out, because I was a royalist, eh?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If saying distasteful things were a crime half the forum would be in jail

The example given of the guy making a flippant comment was nowhere near the funeral procession or any of the royal family, so some snowflake gets offended on behalf of someone else and an arrest is made, thats what bothers me the most.

Im not quite at Scouses anything goes anywhere level but its mind boggling that people cant see how dangerous it is to accept that the police are arresting people for saying things out loud in public

Quite, but when you are a couple of coppers vs a potential mob, then sometimes the easiest way of resolving it is to instantly deescalate it rather than have it turn into a shit show. A decision was made, the problem went away, nobody was hurt. The person is still able to hold and provide their opinion, just at a different place/event.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
its mind boggling that people cant see how dangerous it is to accept that the police are arresting people for saying things out loud in public
They can see it - but humans don't put their neck out for opinions they don't agree with - so they'll let any principles they say they hold slide, because deep down they don't really abide by them.

The enlightment principle should read: "I detest what you say, so when the po-po lock you up, I'll keep silent and call you a whiner".

Ultimately, our nature has become a little bit facist. It might be our base nature. If what it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing then we're all over that in blighty.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Quite, but when you are a couple of coppers vs a potential mob, then sometimes the easiest way of resolving it is to instantly deescalate it rather than have it turn into a shit show. A decision was made, the problem went away, nobody was hurt. The person is still able to hold and provide their opinion, just at a different place/event.
If you know the pigs lock you up for holding a sign up saying "not my king" - then perhaps you'll be less likely to express that opinion in the future.

It's a fucking disgrace is what it is.

Edit: Edinburgh, London and Oxford. They arrested people in three different places. Not one guy at a "flashpoint". It's absolutely stamping down on dissent. 100%.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In London, a barrister and climate activist who had held up a blank piece of paper in Parliament Square said he had been threatened with arrest by a police officer under the Public Order Act.

“He confirmed that if I wrote, ‘Not My King’ on it, he would arrest me under the Public Order Act because someone might be offended,” the lawyer, Paul Powlesland, said on Twitter.

Come on. Defend that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom