SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just don't know where this will all end. The parallels between what is going on now and the Weimar Republic is quite scary. That starting out as a very progressive force for change (women vote...) and good that gained power and was ultimately perverted to fascism.
Late stage capitslism being indistingushable from facism and all that ;)

I happen to think both you and @Wij are right.

Facebook and twatter are definitely dominated by right wing arseholes just like @Wij says - but I have serious concerns about the direction of speech criminalisation, no-platforming and the culture of offence being the arbiter of what's allowable (with real life consequences).

It's difficult to hold on to enlightenment principles when the loudest and most outrageous drown out the mass of reasonableness, especially in such a connected world.

In the real world, however, I suspect the welsh hill farmer who's got cows on my field and struggles to communicate with me in intelligible english (which, of course, is way better than my welsh) might feel desparately uncomfortable in the company of a black person, but as a physical human being that one (theoretical) trait doesn't define him.

If he was on twitter? That's all he would be. And he would be hounded and censured for it.

I'd say we let the outrage of the twitter mob drive the legislation - but it would be a lie - there has been a sustained attack on our freedom of speech under conservative and labour governments since before the internet was invented.

With buy-in from a mob who never understood free speech, it's importance and it's mechanisms for driving good social change, I might add.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The problem is that Facebook cant be seen to be doing this, so it is subversive. Deleteing posts rather than the provider. But the whole deplatforming movement which is usually aimed solely at conservatives or slightly right of Chairman Mao
It is absolutely normal. Facebook has been dominated by right-wing posts for years.

And Project Veritas is a bullshit provocateur outfit:

No idea on the veritas thing was just what popped on a google search. But watching it was an eye-opener for me. I still believe shutting people down for anything other than inciting violence or racial hatred is dark path.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The guy at the back of us knocked around and said we need to replace the fence between us.
Its about 5 panels wide

So he calls today and with a straight face says he fancies some slate monstrosity with with all new pine pillars.
£2200
Will we go halves on it and can the mini digger come through our garage.

Looks like we wont be talking for some time....
Hes a fucking carpet fitter , the classic 7 days a weeker so he can buy greek pillars.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The guy at the back of us knocked around and said we need to replace the fence between us.
Its about 5 panels wide

So he calls today and with a straight face says he fancies some slate monstrosity with with all new pine pillars.
£2200
Will we go halves on it and can the mini digger come through our garage.

Looks like we wont be talking for some time....
Hes a fucking carpet fitter , the classic 7 days a weeker so he can buy greek pillars.
Who’s fence is it legally? Look on yr deeds. If its his he needs to buy and replace it. And not use yr property. Lol

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thats just my idea of hell tbh.
There are no facilities whatsoever.
No water..no toilets, there is an RNLI hut.
They had their drink and barbecues confiscated by a wall of police.

Its going to stink of piss for weeks.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Who’s fence is it legally? Look on yr deeds. If its his he needs to buy and replace it. And not use yr property. Lol
My neighbour tried something similar with me.

I have lived here for 14 years, the previous 2 owners of the house he is in have always maintained the fence in question with the nice side of the fence facing their way.

The fence is 3 panels wide and the only issue was one post was rotten, he got a quote of £1000 and said i should help pay. I replied by saying would have to look into it from a legal point of view as me giving money could make me liable in the future. Then I said tell you want, rip it down and leave it, if you don't like that I will just run some chicken wire down the boundary as that is all that is required.

One week later he replaced the post.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm replacing all my fencing. I wanted to replace my neighbours fence also and he said no.
It's a rubbish fence and I was happy to pay for it but he is quite stubborn about it.

Not sure what to do now :(

I wanted a proper fence up to help prevent foxes coming in. I might have to put up a wire fence alongside his one instead.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The problem is that Facebook cant be seen to be doing this, so it is subversive. Deleteing posts rather than the provider. But the whole deplatforming movement which is usually aimed solely at conservatives or slightly right of Chairman Mao

No idea on the veritas thing was just what popped on a google search. But watching it was an eye-opener for me. I still believe shutting people down for anything other than inciting violence or racial hatred is dark path.

Please show any statistical evidence this is happening.Anecdotes don't count.

DaGaffer

I'm replacing all my fencing. I wanted to replace my neighbours fence also and he said no.
It's a rubbish fence and I was happy to pay for it but he is quite stubborn about it.

Not sure what to do now :(

I wanted a proper fence up to help prevent foxes coming in. I might have to put up a wire fence alongside his one instead.

Why did he say no if you're paying for it?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why did he say no if you're paying for it?
Maybe the damage that might be caused when redigging the holes for the posts? Maybe he has grown fond of his fence? Or he is just being difficult.

DaGaffer

He said it's his fence and it's new.

It doesn't even look new! It's a picket type fence and only about 4 foot high and it leans.
I think he is just being difficult

Would a higher fence affect his light? That's usually the big consideration. You are at liberty to put in another fence on your side of the boundary line, unless it affects his light, and then he can legitimately object. The other problem is the kind of fences that can genuinely keep foxes out are fuck ugly and can end up with your garden looking like Stalag Luft XI.

In general I hate garden fences, they always end up being a pain in the arse. I'm lucky now we have a solid wall on our boundary, and even then there's a problem with creeping plants; ironically they're on our side, but hang over the wall into the neighbour's garden, but they like them and want us to keep them, which I'm fine with but the missus moans they're untidy (she's such a townie that I think she'd concrete over the entire planet if she could) and wants me to cut them down. Fortunately we get on with the neighbours so her desire not to piss them off trumps her desire to Agent Orange the entire wall.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Would a higher fence affect his light? That's usually the big consideration. You are at liberty to put in another fence on your side of the boundary line, unless it affects his light, and then he can legitimately object. The other problem is the kind of fences that can genuinely keep foxes out are fuck ugly and can end up with your garden looking like Stalag Luft XI.

In general I hate garden fences, they always end up being a pain in the arse. I'm lucky now we have a solid wall on our boundary, and even then there's a problem with creeping plants; ironically they're on our side, but hang over the wall into the neighbour's garden, but they like them and want us to keep them, which I'm fine with but the missus moans they're untidy (she's such a townie that I think she'd concrete over the entire planet if she could) and wants me to cut them down. Fortunately we get on with the neighbours so her desire not to piss them off trumps her desire to Agent Orange the entire wall.

No I don't think it would affect his light. There is a tree in my garden already doing that and he likes the tree. I'm actually having it cut down as it's quite close to the house.
I'm not putting in fox proof fencing but would like to be able to make it a bit more difficult for them!

I'm not sure I would want to wind him up by putting in another fence. My other neighbour says not to antagonise him as he does retaliate!

DaGaffer

No I don't think it would affect his light. There is a tree in my garden already doing that and he likes the tree. I'm actually having it cut down as it's quite close to the house.
I'm not putting in fox proof fencing but would like to be able to make it a bit more difficult for them!

I'm not sure I would want to wind him up by putting in another fence. My other neighbour says not to antagonise him as he does retaliate!

Take it from me, its either fox-proof, or its not, I've been down this road. It was my wife's flat in Bromley, and in the end we'd sold it before I got to the landmines and razor wire stage, but it was going that way; and the fucking fox was laughing at us.

Maybe plant trees or tall bushes to hide his shitty fence?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Take it from me, its either fox-proof, or its not, I've been down this road. It was my wife's flat in Bromley, and in the end we'd sold it before I got to the landmines and razor wire stage, but it was going that way; and the fucking fox was laughing at us.

Maybe plant trees or tall bushes to hide his shitty fence?
Talking of foxes the other morning (about 4am) I heard clattering on the conservatory roof, thought it was the magpies. Anyway it was going on for ages so took a look, a fucking fox was there.

It basically used a fence to jump onto my garage and then from the garage to the conservatory.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He said it's his fence and it's new.

It doesn't even look new! It's a picket type fence and only about 4 foot high and it leans.
I think he is just being difficult
Yeah - how big a fence do you want to put in?

4 foot high picket fence , lets light through, makes a boundary feel loose and ill defined - which I like.

Had one at my old house. Neighbour decided an 8 foot tall wooden panel fence would be the best replacement - for "privacy" (which I never cared about - otherwise why would I live somewhere with neighbours?)

Felt like Auschwitz afterwards.

Fox used to run along the top of the fence btw.

Plus - why do you want to stop them?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yeah - how big a fence do you want to put in?

4 foot high picket fence , lets light through, makes a boundary feel loose and ill defined - which I like.

Had one at my old house. Neighbour decided an 8 foot tall wooden panel fence would be the best replacement - for "privacy" (which I never cared about - otherwise why would I live somewhere with neighbours?)

Felt like Auschwitz afterwards.

Fox used to run along the top of the fence btw.

Plus - why do you want to stop them?

I was going to put in a 6ft wood panel fence in.

Well the foxes keep digging great big holes all over the grass and bring in loads of rubbish, clothes, kids toys etc.
If they were not being destructive it would be fine I wouldn't mind.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was going to put in a 6ft wood panel fence in.
Fair enough. But two things:

1) Yeah, it'll change the feel massively for him - big panel fence is an actual wall rather than just a boundary demarcation.
2) It'll be for nothing anyway - you ain't stopping the foxes with that.

You might not think "big deal" about the wall thang, but he probably does, and neither of you are wrong...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Fair enough. But two things:

1) Yeah, it'll change the feel massively for him - big panel fence is an actual wall rather than just a boundary demarcation.
2) It'll be for nothing anyway - you ain't stopping the foxes with that.

You might not think "big deal" about the wall thang, but he probably does, and neither of you are wrong...

I didn't even get to what kind of fence I was going to put up before he shut me down.
Yes it probably won't make a difference but the pups won't be able to get in so can't be used as a nursery garden which will hopefully encourage them to move their den elsewhere

DaGaffer

I didn't even get to what kind of fence I was going to put up before he shut me down.
Yes it probably won't make a difference but the pups won't be able to get in so can't be used as a nursery garden which will hopefully encourage them to move their den elsewhere

Motion sensor lights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom