SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Decided to give up processed sugar for February.

There are eight Galaxy Ripple chocolate bars in the fridge. Leaving them there as a test of will power :eek7:

Today I will be mostly eating funny coloured things:

View attachment 41010

So you decided to cram your lunch box with mainly acidic foods instead :p

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am a month in to hard low carb and no alcholol and I am sleeping more deeply, I am more alert and not hungry

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But you know 100g of broccoli have 7g of carbs in it. So its not that low in carbs.
The "carbs" in brocolli include stuff like cellulose cell walls - the indigestible carbohydrates that you shit out. So, really, digestible "sugars" in brocolli turn out to be about 3.5g / 100g.

It's a tough regime to keep to less than 20g of sugars / day but definitely doable. It's much easier if you also focus on portion size (which we struggle with - butcher's daughter likes to cook pieces of meat for 12 people, when there's only two of us to eat it).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am a month in to hard low carb and no alcholol and I am sleeping more deeply, I am more alert and not hungry
Epic win :clap:

Done it before? Did you get any keto flu? (I've done it before so I had a mild headache for one night, but am straight back in).

You aiming to do it as a new lifestyle, or reintroduce some carbs later on? (I have advice if the latter)... :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
The acid in yr stomach is much more acidic than the ones you eat. So the reflux part isnt true. Tooth erosion is tho.

Yes but my understanding citrus fruits are a trigger.

The "carbs" in brocolli include stuff like cellulose cell walls - the indigestible carbohydrates that you shit out. So, really, digestible "sugars" in brocolli turn out to be about 3.5g / 100g.

It's a tough regime to keep to less than 20g of sugars / day but definitely doable. It's much easier if you also focus on portion size (which we struggle with - butcher's daughter likes to cook pieces of meat for 12 people, when there's only two of us to eat it).

I like Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, etc. and I'm one of the few people who can drink Beetroot juice but I just can't have it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's something that can only be diagnosed by driving long miles on Smart Motorways.

If you break down on one of them I guarantee you won't worry about it any more ;)

I'm glad this forum is super helpful.

This is a Moriath post.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes but my understanding citrus fruits are a trigger.
In my experience, people who get reflux need to sort their diet out, period. I've never met anyone who actually eats healthily who suffers from reflux.

I know plenty of people who think they eat healthily, suffer from reflux, and yet still drink coke. o_O

I like Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, etc. and I'm one of the few people who can drink Beetroot juice but I just can't have it.
Why would you drink beetroot juice? Just eat beetroot?

In fact, if you're struggling with anything like that - real food only, from fresh, home cooked, drink only water.

Pretty much the easiest healthy thing you can do is give up shit drinks - i.e. those that aren't tea, coffee or water. Everything else is shit. Including freshly squeezed orange juice (which is why the official portion is 250mls - and even then, if you drink that every day you're being a twat).

With 70%+ of the UK population overweight the resistence to actually eating a proper healthy diet is surprisingly strong.

Anyway - for the next post @Wij will link to something incredibly sugary and acidic for us to wank over (no Haribo Tangfastics tho Wij) :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
In my experience, people who get reflux need to sort their diet out, period. I've never met anyone who actually eats healthily who suffers from reflux.

I know plenty of people who think they eat healthily, suffer from reflux, and yet still drink coke. o_O

Why would you drink beetroot juice? Just eat beetroot?

In fact, if you're struggling with anything like that - real food only, from fresh, home cooked, drink only water.

Pretty much the easiest healthy thing you can do is give up shit drinks - i.e. those that aren't tea, coffee or water. Everything else is shit. Including freshly squeezed orange juice (which is why the official portion is 250mls - and even then, if you drink that every day you're being a twat).

With 70%+ of the UK population overweight the resistence to actually eating a proper healthy diet is surprisingly strong.

Anyway - for the next post @Wij will link to something incredibly sugary and acidic for us to wank over (no Haribo Tangfastics tho Wij) :)

Indeed they do but then triggers are slightly different but the main ones listed include fizzy drinks, Caffeine, Chocolate, etc.

Found Beetroot juice easy and quicker to drink at the time.

I personally have carrot juice now, I can manage that without any real issues as for the cabbage family they had to sadly be benched as are many foods for me at the present time.

Yoni

Epic win :clap:

Done it before? Did you get any keto flu? (I've done it before so I had a mild headache for one night, but am straight back in).

You aiming to do it as a new lifestyle, or reintroduce some carbs later on? (I have advice if the latter)... :)
Done before but this time I am combing with 16-8 fasting which works well

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Done before but this time I am combing with 16-8 fasting which works well
What hours you keeping? We work late so have to eat a bit later.

I find any amount of restricted time eating easy on Keto. Did the 5:2 for a long time and found it OK but as a weight loss mechanism needed keto.

Our biggest thing is portion control and pigging out. I guess it's that old trope of "know thyself". The more I understand about how we work as a couple (which has been brought into stark relief after the last keto outing) the easier it's going to be not to fall into bad old habits, but create good new ones. (Portion control being the habit I'm going to absolutely be a cunt about going forward).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I just eat starters now...they tend to healthier, cost less and dont bloat me out with stuff Im only eating because its in front of me.

Also leaves space for the cheesecake.

Yoni

What hours you keeping? We work late so have to eat a bit later.

I find any amount of restricted time eating easy on Keto. Did the 5:2 for a long time and found it OK but as a weight loss mechanism needed keto.

Our biggest thing is portion control and pigging out. I guess it's that old trope of "know thyself". The more I understand about how we work as a couple (which has been brought into stark relief after the last keto outing) the easier it's going to be not to fall into bad old habits, but create good new ones. (Portion control being the habit I'm going to absolutely be a cunt about going forward).
19-30 to 11-30 ish but always 16hr fast if i eat late I fast till later if husband is away and i eat early then I can start earlier the following day.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Giving up "shit" drinks isn't that easy if you don't really like Tea or Coffee though. But then I also don't really like sweets or chocolate, so I'm not too concerned about the amount of fizzy drinks I guzzle (count so far today, 3 Relentless, 2 Pepsi). My weight is still pretty much the same it was when I was 18, and last blood test everything looked perfect (LDL's were especially good). Chips and bread are my only other real carbs, other than that it's all meat and salad.

I call it Keto with chips, but the wife doesn't seem to agree :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Giving up "shit" drinks isn't that easy if you don't really like Tea or Coffee though.
Water?

I mean, that's the staple for humans. I wasn't really until the 17th century that we started mixing fruits into water and adding honey then flogging them.

They just ain't good for us and if I have a few hundred calories to burn I sure as shit am not going to waste it on a drink. (And I used to drink pop like it was going out of fashion - just the way I was brought up).

Keto last year pretty much cured me of sugary drinks. The idea of paying money for them is kind of abhorrent now.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Giving up "shit" drinks isn't that easy if you don't really like Tea or Coffee though. But then I also don't really like sweets or chocolate, so I'm not too concerned about the amount of fizzy drinks I guzzle (count so far today, 3 Relentless, 2 Pepsi). My weight is still pretty much the same it was when I was 18, and last blood test everything looked perfect (LDL's were especially good). Chips and bread are my only other real carbs, other than that it's all meat and salad.

I call it Keto with chips, but the wife doesn't seem to agree :)
Ldl and the cholesterol scores are mostly genetic to have low numbers for bad and high for good is only influenced a small amount by what you eat.

i lost 7lbs since xmas. Just eating less. I dont find it hard to eat less for a couple weeks lose a few lbs and even myself out so i dont gain it back. I dont drink tea or coffee or any caffeine drinks. Water, caffeine free diet coke or similar.

i see what these diets do is give you a frame work to eat less mostly.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Water?

I mean, that's the staple for humans. I wasn't really until the 17th century that we started mixing fruits into water and adding honey then flogging them.

They just ain't good for us and if I have a few hundred calories to burn I sure as shit am not going to waste it on a drink. (And I used to drink pop like it was going out of fashion - just the way I was brought up).

Keto last year pretty much cured me of sugary drinks. The idea of paying money for them is kind of abhorrent now.
Most of the middle ages and all people mostly drank beer. Because it was safer than the water.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Read the link.

It's widely thought that was the case, but wrong.

Well, the idea that water wasn't drank at all is obviously false, but it doesn't disprove that beer wasn't drank in more quantities than water.

I also have a degree, specifically in medieval history, so I'm an expert, therefore I'm right and you're wrong, you nazi.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Beer may not have been a replacement for water, but it was viewed as a more nutritious alternative than water. Even though it was weakly brewed from barley, at the time beer was a calorie-laden beverage that pulled double-duty with workers and farmers who were thirsty and in need of energy. In the end, it would still have been more costly to drink than water. Unless home-brewed, beer had to be purchased, and like wine, there often were taxes and transportation fees involved

Aye think it was more in cities / big towns than the country side where you could get to unpolluted rivers easier :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Water?

Drink some water but prefer it with caffeine and sugar :) won't touch diet drinks if I can help it, as when I used to cain Pepsi Max I ended up with a fuzzy head most of the day, so I stick to full fat.

But then I'm very much a Eat to Live kind of guys, so if I could get all the stuff I need from fizzy drinks, I probably would. Bring on meals in pill form :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom