SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Basically, we all take the piss out of Southern ponces or Northern throwbacks but only in the East are they proper inbred weirdos. I mean, people in the west are all inbred but at least they love each other.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
So many parallels with GoT - folk in the south with posh accents that fuck their sisters, cold and miserable in the north.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So many parallels with GoT - folk in the south with posh accents that fuck their sisters, cold and miserable in the north.

Jesus, don't get me started about those North of the wall, with their cold, dead eyes.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Not sure of Job's historical accuracy
indeed.

But the real modern world started at the industrial revolution
what you're saying is a bit ambiguous duder. can you clarify?

the fundamental corners of modern life was caucasians
oh aye? which corners exactly? I mean, standing on the shoulders of unnamed giants is totally fine if it fits your agenda. also, modern life as we know it started about the 16th century. don't get me wrong; I actually kind of like your post, but I would take you a bit more seriously if you weren't so vague all the time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The beeb have got a "calculator" to tell you when the next solar eclipse is wherever you are. Given the noise everyone is making about this one being total over large swathes of the US, you'd think that it would tell you when the next total eclipse will be wherever you are. I put in France and it said there'll be a partial one "today". I know there's one today ffs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The eclipse in America is going to send half the country into a howling mess. End of days!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Went to Costa Coffee for the first time today. £3 something for a cup of sodding coffee.

Er. No.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Do you have any idea how long it takes to train a barrista?
Costa spend millions sending them to the far reaches of the world learning coffee machine handle turning techniques...it takes on average 2 years just to learn how to operate the side moving levers...then another three years for the downward pull.
Thats why coffee is three quid.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
indeed.

what you're saying is a bit ambiguous duder. can you clarify?

oh aye? which corners exactly? I mean, standing on the shoulders of unnamed giants is totally fine if it fits your agenda. also, modern life as we know it started about the 16th century. don't get me wrong; I actually kind of like your post, but I would take you a bit more seriously if you weren't so vague all the time.
I'm on holiday here..but the list is long, all the major civilisations were on a dip , white people stepped in and invented the core of modern living.
The car..internal combustion..tv..radio..electric motor..jet engine..steam engine..train..inter planetary rocketry..transistor..electronic calculator..atom bomb..fission..fusion...the list is huge and you can obviously add in later days the fact that now the knowledge is spread, but almost entirely china and indias technological might is because we taught them..the Japanese themselves had rudimentary science before Europeans shared their knowledge.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Its called the Needham question

Why, when you consider that the chinese were ahead of europe in the application of science from BC to years ~1500, did modern science develop in Europe and not in China or India. And why did it take so long for the tech to get there (considering how fast their tech got to europe)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
£3 is for the largest size. That's for a little bit less than a pint, so maybe £0.40 milk cost to Costa. The disposable cup is probably £0.05. Proper cups probably don't last that long before being broken. Good beans aren't as cheap as you'd imagine. Then you have staff wages. Equipment purchase and maintenance. Shop furniture. Shop rent and all the other business expenses. Plus the fact that along with your large latte, you're getting a nice warm room with tables and chairs and conditional wifi access. Toilets too. And you can sit in that warm room for an hour if you like, no problem.

£3 is quite cheap for all that. And Costa coffee isn't all that bad, in fact it can be quite good in some places.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I buy proper beans, I know how much they cost.

And that was for a medium.

I am not paying £3+ for a cup of coffee :)

I was only in there because a colleague wanted a Chi Latte, whatever the fuck that is. I just wanted a "Coffee"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nah, I just made one when I got back to work. Who the hell wants to spend time in a cafe that only sells expensive coffee and horrid looking cakes.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I was only in there because a colleague wanted a Chi Latte, whatever the fuck that is. I just wanted a "Coffee"

It'll be 3.50 to 4 quid by this time next year, get used to it.

1 EUR =0.913159 GBP

NB. I detest Costa. Worst of the chains. Coffee is horrible, with stupid cups and the food is revolting. Nero is the only chain I'll go into if I'm in the UK (we have better options in Ireland).

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I can get a free coffee from Nero every Tuesday using "O2 Priority" voucher.
And you can get a loyalty stamp so after 10 trips I get an extra free coffee.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
£3 is for the largest size. That's for a little bit less than a pint, so maybe £0.40 milk cost to Costa. The disposable cup is probably £0.05. Proper cups probably don't last that long before being broken. Good beans aren't as cheap as you'd imagine. Then you have staff wages. Equipment purchase and maintenance. Shop furniture. Shop rent and all the other business expenses. Plus the fact that along with your large latte, you're getting a nice warm room with tables and chairs and conditional wifi access. Toilets too. And you can sit in that warm room for an hour if you like, no problem.

£3 is quite cheap for all that. And Costa coffee isn't all that bad, in fact it can be quite good in some places.
40p for a splash or two of milk. You get most of a pint for a quid or less dont you?

Not sure cause i dont use milk much but 40p for a little milk from a retailer that gets bulk prices seems way over the top

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I dont drink coffee so i am always shocked how much those chains cost. And people buy multiple a day as well.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Meh, it's people's vices, some people eat out every day, @Big G gets his daily dose of heroin.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
40p for a splash or two of milk. You get most of a pint for a quid or less dont you?

Not sure cause i dont use milk much but 40p for a little milk from a retailer that gets bulk prices seems way over the top

Lattes are 95% milk. Every coffee shop I've ever seen uses supermarket-sized bottles of milk. And supermarkets probably make next to no profit on milk alone.

Anyway, who cares? Complaining about the price of a product after you've paid, when the price is very clearly displayed well before you order, is silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom