SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Someone on my teaching course just said this on a Facebook page;

'Love that you've gamified teaching. Do you have an imaginary XP bar filling up as you teach? How do you resist shouting out 'Ding' when you level up? '

Do I ask her if she played DAOC?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've spent most of today filming up some absolutely massive new shipping cranes in Liverpool. They are bloody huge and very impressive. I think they start work tomorrow, or the day after.

IMG_20161102_122831.jpg IMG_20161102_141329.jpg IMG_20161102_144508.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
After years working on cherry pickers, heights don't bother me any more.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Finally, the great big scab has fallen off my foot, like a burgundy corn flake. I usually heal really fast but its been annoying the shit out of me for nearly 3 weeks now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I've spent most of today filming up some absolutely massive new shipping cranes in Liverpool. They are bloody huge and very impressive. I think they start work tomorrow, or the day after.

View attachment 34749 View attachment 34750 View attachment 34751
They look awesome at night with the red lights around the frame, the missus was kayaking on the lake and it was like there was 3 huge neon robots watching over us.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

I was under the impression that it was new, having not seen Finding Dory.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Car people just picked up the temporary car I had over the last few days. Told the guy there was a bit of a burning smell when you put the heaters on and the performance was a bit wanky for a car with 500 miles on the clock. I actually thought it was a diesel at first.

Turns out the oil cap was missing and someone had pulled out the dipstick and not put it back in properly...lucky the fucking thing didn't burst into flames with the amount of oil all over the engine.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucks sake I'm going to stop bothering now. It was Piper, the "new" short from Pixar. :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Almost finished building this beauty. Bearing in mind what I've spent on what is a pretty old bike, I fully expect it to kill me on the first ride.

IMG_20161103_210304.jpg

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Almost finished building this beauty. Bearing in mind what I've spent on what is a pretty old bike, I fully expect it to kill me on the first ride.

View attachment 34772
Very Lemond. Very nice! Is it charging something? If that is the case, then what is it, since you have manual gears?

Also fancied the wall mount, but after looking it up, it actually looks a bit like cheap plastic, despite the high price.. Am I totally wrong on that?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Very Lemond. Very nice! Is it charging something? If that is the case, then what is it, since you have manual gears?

Also fancied the wall mount, but after looking it up, it actually looks a bit like cheap plastic, despite the high price.. Am I totally wrong on that?

Nah just a bit of wire to keep the bars straight. The wall mount is a Cycloc, it's excellent. Expensive but well worth it, nicest looking bike mount I've ever seen. There are alternatives, but this is about the only one that allows you to rotate the hangar so bikes with angled/straight top tubes can be accommodated.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree. Systemic issue. We all know China was double-fucked when they were to get the downsides of the free market along with authoritarian rule.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think it matters what sort of economic model you use. Free stuff + not giving a shit about anyone else = profit.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Fucks sake I'm going to stop bothering now. It was Piper, the "new" short from Pixar. :(
Its not new...it was the intro short for finding Dory , seems to have been reinvented.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think it matters what sort of economic model you use.
Of course it does. Model changes open and close avenues of profit that might otherwise not be available.

Free stuff + not giving a shit about anyone else = profit.
I don't think it's about not giving a shit - it's about looking after yourself first. Which is natural and normal.

It's not like the woman in that video isn't working hard. After ten years of what looks like some pretty nasty manual work she's been able to build a house a thousand miles away from where she works. This isn't selfishness. This is necessity.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The new Call of Duty is set in space and features a "YOLO" mode. I'm ok, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom