SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Can someone please explain to me what is happening with Pokemon? It's being referred to everywhere.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Except it's not live in The UK yet?

Its not on the official Android store but nobody cares, its available all over the place. No idea about Apple though.

I installed it to see what the fuss is about, I don't get it really. You just catch them, you can't do anything with them. The building next door to my house is a pokigym so I expect to see manbabies sat in their car outside my house imminently.

Might be good to get kids out and about I suppose.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It tracks movement, places you visit etc. As you have to interact with places (land marks are points of interest that you get rewards for) its probably far more useful to people who find such information useful than facebook is. Signing in or whatever the fuck facebook arseholes do whenever they buy a sandwich seems to be on the decline.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It tracks movement, places you visit etc. As you have to interact with places (land marks are points of interest that you get rewards for) its probably far more useful to people who find such information useful than facebook is. Signing in or whatever the fuck facebook arseholes do whenever they buy a sandwich seems to be on the decline.

Your telco can do all that without installing anything.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It is a remarkable social experiment, we have had geocaching enthusiasts, but this is a whole new level, reading the comments about it changing peoples lives is probably true for millions of socially awkward or mentally housebound people around the world.
Probably just a flash in the pan, but will spawn hundreds of spinoff apps with its success.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
It's not a flash in a pan of any sort. EVERY app that can access your location does it. Why else do you think it needs your location?

DaGaffer

It is a remarkable social experiment, we have had geocaching enthusiasts, but this is a whole new level, reading the comments about it changing peoples lives is probably true for millions of socially awkward or mentally housebound people around the world.
Probably just a flash in the pan, but will spawn hundreds of spinoff apps with its success.

I can already think of sequels and expansions in my head, so I'm sure Nintendo have.

Personally I think this kind of thing is great, in a way its just a bit of shame it takes an established brand like Pokemon to get this kind of thing to take off; the idea itself has been around for ages and there are loads of mapping and AR games knocking around already.

DaGaffer

It's not a flash in a pan of any sort. EVERY app that can access your location does it. Why else do you think it needs your location?

Well to in the case of our apps, we do it because people are only allowed to play in Ireland, so we have a requirement. In an awful lot of cases (and I do mean the vast majority) apps are asking for location but the publishers are doing absolutely nothing with the data.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Need a boost to your tourism? Pay Nintendo and they'll give you exclusive rights to rare pokemans

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Well Nintendo's shares have gone through the roof off the back of this so don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

People are already seeing opportunities to make money off it (off the back of warnings in the US about not playing it while driving, some guy has offered his services as a Pokémon Safari driver around Washington so he does the driving and takes you to all the spots you find etc.)

I find it an interesting use of the technology tbh, which has both positive and negative implications, will see how it goes.

Job

I thought the latest version of Android allows you to limit app access manually.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I got a slowpoke on my first fucking walk. I'll rule this shit in no time

Job

What pisses me off is that the Pokemon maps are more up to date than my sat nav and the gps lock is a lot quicker.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
What pisses me off is that the Pokemon maps are more up to date than my sat nav and the gps lock is a lot quicker.

Follow the A1 for 16 miles and turn left at the fourth Bulbasaur and you'll have reached your destination.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I thought the latest version of Android allows you to limit app access manually.

I'm not sure a location based app will still work if you turn off its access to your location, Job.

Job

I'm not sure a location based app will still work if you turn off its access to your location, Job.
Well duh..but you can block access to contacts..call history...web history..etc

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I've had Pokemon Go for under 48 hours and it is really quite fun... It made a change to my routine as even though I am tired (I walk c10km on a normal day) today I did 5km more just because I was exploring... It's not launched in Sweden I'm using a version from Aus on my iPhone, however every gym I've seen have already been 'taken' so it was more popular in Stockholm than I thought it would be.... However

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    609.2 KB · Views: 19

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
after 800 km and two nights in a converted army camp i am back in relative civilisation again :) .....
stuff is cheap here and i am in the bes thotel in the city and its only 100 quid a night hehe

nice carpaccio of beef last night followed by fillet steak .. after rustic pork dishes for the last few days was nice.

come back on line after three days without interweb to find we have a new pm ... world moves fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom