Crap This takes the piss

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sounds terrible, but as the guy had been face down in the water for 10 minutes when they arrived, he was clearly brown bread.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Three high-quality sources there. You're missing a link to the Sunday Sport though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I, for one, think the papers are probably right.

However, what I'm more disgusted about is that someone "raised the alarm" and there were "onlookers" who did fuck all.

I'd have been in there in a second.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
PC Bullshit and red tape for everyone in the audience (You need level 4 clearance in the receipt and consumption of free materials under the EU 4362534672456.663 act against the prosecution of the Zimbabwian purple ferret in order to receive said prizes and 52 references)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
PC Bullshit and red tape for everyone in the audience (You need level 4 clearance in the receipt and consumption of free materials under the EU 4362534672456.663 act against the prosecution of the Zimbabwian purple ferret in order to receive said prizes and 52 references)

Bollocks, the fire fighter in charge made the call that the guy was already dead (having been in the water for 10 minutes) and rightly did not put any more lives at risk. Sensationalist bullshit by the papers.

soze

I am a FH squatter
As it had been 10 minutes the guy was very likely dead. So the firefighters either pull the body out and get in shit or wait. But as Scouse said people were stood watching for 10 minutes? That's the real story, not public servant does not risk job to recover body.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The woman saw him alive and moving, but quite rightly decide not to enter the water, because she was unsure of his mental health and could have ended up drowned herself.
This reminds me of the lad who got stuck in a storm drain and the 'couldn't organise a piss up' emergency services let him freeze to death in their arms while the Police kept his family at bay to see him die in front of them. They were fucking about with a load of 'procedures' while he slipped away.
They should have just yanked him out with a digger and repaired the damage afterwards, instead he's dead, a memorial to the rule book.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Five or ten" minutes. So maybe 5. Quite possibly saveable.

Either way, it's a disgrace.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
"Five or ten" minutes. So maybe 5. Quite possibly saveable.

Either way, it's a disgrace.

How is it? He made a call not to risk any more life for what he thought was a corpse. I think we need a proper source on how long he was in there, we don't get one from those articles.

rynnor

Rockhound
However, what I'm more disgusted about is that someone "raised the alarm" and there were "onlookers" who did fuck all.

Well it was an old lady who uses two walking sticks who raised the alarm so she's not really cut out for heroic rescue.

He wasnt dead initially and medical evidence said he could probably have survived.

What lives are at risk wading into a duckpond? I think people hid behind health and safety tbh.

Its telling that they sent for a press officer before they removed his body from the water.

rynnor

Rockhound
As it had been 10 minutes the guy was very likely dead. So the firefighters either pull the body out and get in shit or wait. But as Scouse said people were stood watching for 10 minutes? That's the real story, not public servant does not risk job to recover body.

The fire brigade arrived 3 minutes after the lady phoned them but then waited 32 minutes to pull him out.

The police had quickly cordoned off the area so there werent really any onlookers other than them and the fire brigade.

soze

I am a FH squatter
rynnor said:
The fire brigade arrived 3 minutes after the lady phoned them but then waited 32 minutes to pull him out.

The police had quickly cordoned off the area so there werent really any onlookers other than them and the fire brigade.

One paper reports on site after 3 minutes that more than likely means the park and not the pond as it takes them another 5 minutes to report a man in the water. And I do not believe for a second they stood looking at the body for 5 minutes before making a call. The newspaper are twisting the facts to sell papers.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Was on south today yesterday they told it the fire service turned up after 5 mins from the call .. guy was still face down so they called it doa

Get the relevant people in to recover the body incase they needed forensics.

Police dude was going to go in but got told not to cause fire already called it doa

Coroner said there was a very slim chance of a happy ending if someone had gone in immediately

It was as said earlier down to the public to do that

By the time the rescue services got there it was all over and they followed procedure imo

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
sad thing is
-if- they had waded in and -if- was still alive and -if- he hadnt later died..

i bet there wouldnt have been any press coverage at all

wtb: equality in reporting not just doom and gloom and blame apportioning

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
this society is now based around always someone to blame .. that way you have someone to sue

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Bollocks, the fire fighter in charge made the call that the guy was already dead (having been in the water for 10 minutes) and rightly did not put any more lives at risk. Sensationalist bullshit by the papers.

Simon+Burgess+who+was+found+floating+face+down+in+a+boating+lake%2C+in+Gosport%2C+Hants

Risk any more lives? In this... duck pond? If it had been the Niagara Falls, maybe.
And you make the call by wading in and checking for vitals. Not safely from the edge of the
duck pond. The guy might have passed out and still been alive - just not moving.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Simon+Burgess+who+was+found+floating+face+down+in+a+boating+lake%2C+in+Gosport%2C+Hants

Risk any more lives? In this... duck pond? If it had been the Niagara Falls, maybe.
And you make the call by wading in and checking for vitals. Not safely from the edge of the
duck pond. The guy might have passed out and still been alive - just not moving.
If the fireman went in there and slipped on a brick breaking his ankle he would be in shit and may not get paid while recovering as he broke the rules. If he got stabbed by a stray needle and caught aids he is in the same situation and does not get any cover. Running into water without the proper equipment when you employer tells you not too it is a risk. If the guy had been moving its a risk worth taking. If he has not been moving for 5 minutes it is not a risk worth taking to recover the body 15 minutes sooner than the the guys with the proper kit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jeesus soze. There was a human being in the water. Fuck what health and safety says. It's a bleeding duck pond, that's all.

The registrar (a doctor) says there was a slim chance his life could have been saved. That's enough for me.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh it's that attitude that Soze described that is helping our society down the toilet imo.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

What? Face down? Part time pearl diver was he? Statistically the emergency services know exactly how long someone can survive face down in water, the depth is pretty much irrelevant. The only story here is that no member of the public made an attempt to fish him out before they arrived.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
If the fireman went in there and slipped on a brick breaking his ankle he would be in shit and may not get paid while recovering as he broke the rules. If he got stabbed by a stray needle and caught aids he is in the same situation and does not get any cover. Running into water without the proper equipment when you employer tells you not too it is a risk. If the guy had been moving its a risk worth taking. If he has not been moving for 5 minutes it is not a risk worth taking to recover the body 15 minutes sooner than the the guys with the proper kit.

You don't become a fireman if you are not prepared to risk your own life in order to save another. I thought that was their whole creed and stuff.
I wonder if the firemen who died in the Twin Towers were acting according to health and safety when they went up in the stair cases to try and
rescue people. I can do some research and check exactly how many died in the process.

Edit: I love how people who disagree with my post keep quoting the whole post - including the
fucking ridiculous duck pond photo. If it had been raging rapids, I might agree with you.
But it's a fucking kiddie pool. My ten year old could have waded in there to take the guys pulse.

soze

I am a FH squatter
You don't become a fireman if you are not prepared to risk your own life in order to save another. I thought that was their whole creed and stuff.
I wonder if the firemen who died in the Twin Towers were acting according to health and safety when they went up in the stair cases to try and
rescue people. I can do some research and check exactly how many died in the process.

Edit: I love how people who disagree with my post keep quoting the whole post - including the
fucking ridiculous duck pond photo. If it had been raging rapids, I might agree with you.
But it's a fucking kiddie pool. My ten year old could have waded in there to take the guys pulse.
They run into building on fire to save a cat they are heroes. They will not go against orders to pull a dead body out of the water. It's not hard to comprehend. They would of asked people there if the guy had been moving and when they were told no why would they risk it? They go against orders and they get hurt it's on their head. If one of them though the guy was alive I have zero doubt they would of steamed in there to save him. So your example of the twin towers is pointless.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Jeesus soze. There was a human being in the water. Fuck what health and safety says. It's a bleeding duck pond, that's all.

The registrar (a doctor) says there was a slim chance his life could have been saved. That's enough for me.
coroner

they are the people who give narative on deaths not registrar thats marriages

Sar

Part of the furniture
TBH the Emergency Services people hid behind the call not to go in. If any of them had been decent human beings they'd have said "Fuck it, discipline me afterwards then dickhead" and gone in for him.

There was every chance he could've survived. Plenty of people who've been "drowned" for a lot longer than 10 mins have been rescued and survived without long term ill effects, so I don't see why this situation was any different.

I bet if it was their kid drowning in a paddling pool having passed out they'd have held their Mrs back "Sorry love, you're not level 2 trained. That's up to your shins that is. Health and Safety love, Health and Safety.". Yeah, right.

soze

I am a FH squatter
tbh it's that attitude that Soze described that is helping our society down the toilet imo.
I think its the fact that Firemen and police officers need to think that way which is sending our society down the drain. But I stand by what I said with the reality being what it is, after being ordered not to go in I do not blame the Fire-fighters for not going in. The commander who gave the order? I can see an argument for him answering some questions maybe.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Emergency Services are meant to have a bit of bravery to do their jobs, it's all about saving lives at the end of the day in risky situations. They should have gone in, regardless of what someone who wasn't present thought or said. End of.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How many people in the "audience" did anything? Would you(generic you) have gone in and get the man out? Why not? Afraid of getting slapped with a fine for it?

Hmm, go figure.

By the way, yes, it is taking the piss when someone can drown in a kiddie pool with no one noticing or doing anything except calling an ambulance. Get off the emergency services back and get on the non-toss-giving back of the society.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Not end of at all. If a fire fighter had gone in there pulled out a dead body they go the sack for going against orders who would be sticking up for him? It seems like it some situations we expect our emergency services to be robots and show no emotions but when it suits we will jump all over them for following the same rule book. They simply can not fucking win.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
They would of asked people there if the guy had been moving and when they were told no why would they risk it?

lol? Really??

why would they risk it?

- it's their job
- the guy wasn't laying on a cliff half way down the Victoria Falls
- it was a duck pond
- it's their job
- it's their job

They go against orders and they get hurt it's on their head

Quite frankly - I'd rather go for a major career change and wade into the stormy depths of a duck pond,
than be part of a structure that prevents me from possibly savinga guy who might just still be fucking alive but not moving, right?
Keeps all these nightmares and "what ifs" from your mind.

So your example of the twin towers is pointless.

On the contrary - yours is:

Firefighters in NYC risked their lives and health to try and save as many people as possible in the Towers.
They didn't have the slightest idea how many people might still be alive in there - but they went in and LOOKED at least.
Kinda what they got paid for.

And I just the the Twin Towers as an example - I am sure there are a ton of dutiful police men and emergency personnel
in the UK.

I'm not quite sure why you defend these pussies, though? If it was your mother/father/brother/baby sister.. would you still
be ok with it? That's kind of what I tell my kids when they don't get the how's and why's of life. "Imagine it was you..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom