Rant This is why we can't have nice things!

rynnor

Rockhound
I didn't read the thread but I sincerely doubt that 23 tonnes of rubbish would have been soaked up by the extra 60 bins they installed had they been used.

Fucking morons.

That's what I thought - tbh if you earn a lot of tourist moulah you have to have the facilities - if you have bins full to overflowing dont be suprised if you end up with a lot of rubbish loose.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I didn't read the thread but I sincerely doubt that 23 tonnes of rubbish would have been soaked up by the extra 60 bins they installed had they been used.

Fucking morons.

God forbid you are expected to take your own shit with you. You fucking moron.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
God forbid you are expected to take your own shit with you. You fucking moron.
They should have just spent the money on clean up staff. People do a better job than an immobile object that costs money and won't be used permanently.

Should I call you a cockbadger now?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's clearly the fault of the beach goers. They didn't make the slightest effort to use the bins because the rubbish was strewn all over the beach and not piled up around the bins as it would be if they had lifted a finger to clean up after themselves. Adequate bins or not, I always remember taking a bag of rubbish home with us and disposing of it there if we couldn't get rid wherever we were.

Himse

FH is my second home
The exception proves the rule, tattoos are generally for the meat head and fashion victims.

I wouldn't say so, nothing wrong with a good tattoo.

It's when some Nike TN hat wearing dick gets the England badge tattoo'd on his back and walks around Southend at 2pm on a Wednesday with his shirt off drinking cider. Hardly a fashion victim, just a cunt.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The issue with the beaches is the people that use the British sea sides, I'm not going to approach this in and cushy way, so; it's mostly the new 'underclass' that cannot afford to leave the country to go on holiday, and they usually have lesser standards, so litter away, whereas when I went to France every year, if you even thought about littering, a bunch of french people would be in your face frenching at you.

- English -

Resident Freddy
tbh I don't think thats the case, most people don't respect the things they have, or haven't been brought up to respect things how they should .. its always someone elses problem, and thats down to the culture of things nowadays

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I wouldn't say so, nothing wrong with a good tattoo.

It's when some Nike TN hat wearing dick gets the England badge tattoo'd on his back and walks around Southend at 2pm on a Wednesday with his shirt off drinking cider. Hardly a fashion victim, just a cunt.
Well no, he'd be the meat head, the fashion victim is the trendy with one or both arms done completely, wearing skinnys with the crotch by their knees, false specs and a beany, in ten years time he'll being paying thousands to have them removed.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its all going to the dogs. Life was a lot simpler 30 years ago. Not easier. Different.

Poag

m00?
tbh I don't think thats the case, most people don't respect the things they have, or haven't been brought up to respect things how they should .. its always someone elses problem, and thats down to the culture of things nowadays
This.

I had a chat with a Traffic Copper i know a while ago. In the past few years she said "I can count the number of people accepted the speeding ticket as their fault on one hand over the past year, every other one it was someone elses fault they were late, or had to be there earlier'"

Also people excuses for speeding ranged from "I'm late for work" to "I need to get to the shops before the sales start" or "I'm late for a party" all of which really annoyed me :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It goes in the same range as people needing to blame something when something horrible happens, because taking blame, or accepting that sh*t happens is beyond the rational mind :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Also people excuses for speeding ranged from "I'm late for work" to "I need to get to the shops before the sales start" or "I'm late for a party" all of which really annoyed me :/

Does "it's 2am, the motorway is empty and there's nothing fucking wrong with it, why don't you try catching actual criminals instead" annoy you as well?

;)

Poag

m00?
Does "it's 2am, the motorway is empty and there's nothing fucking wrong with it, why don't you try catching actual criminals instead" annoy you as well?

;)
How is that the same as the above?

Using it as an excuse as to why its not your fault? Yes that'd annoy me.
As the reason why you did it and its your fault...yep you can say that and it wont annoy me.

Its people hiding behind "Its not my fault...." that annoys me...fairly sure I made this obvious above but needs more obviousness evidently..

Job

That just doesn't make any sense.
I prefer my own 'everything is bullshit', it's more provable.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Like everything in life, tattoos conform to Sturgeon's Law.

But does he mean that 90% of everything is crap, or that IF we apply taste into one aspect then we should apply same principle of taste to all things and as such no one thing is 100% crap, but only crap to the person judging it?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
But does he mean that 90% of everything is crap, or that IF we apply taste into one aspect then we should apply same principle of taste to all things and as such no one thing is 100% crap, but only crap to the person judging it?

No, its very simple, 90% of everything is crap. People, places, things. Its a truism that I've come to realised works pretty accurately as a barometer of the world. And I'd definitely say 90% of tattoos are crap.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
As per anywhere else you visit, the woods, countryside the beach. You carry out what you carried in or fuck off.

Job

I can just about bear patterned bands around arms, but if you bought a nice new silver BMW and it came with a Blue Tweety Pie randomnly painted on the bonnet, not even central, just sort of stuck slightly to the left, you'd be like WTF! , but some people seem to think that'd be just great on their thigh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, its very simple, 90% of everything is crap. People, places, things. Its a truism that I've come to realised works pretty accurately as a barometer of the world. And I'd definitely say 90% of tattoos are crap.

Well, we have to disagree on the meaning then.

Poag

m00?
Re tattoos. I wasn't aware how prevalent they were until recently.

I was in the Natural history museum (Seeing the Scott Expedition exhibit, was really good go if you can this weekend!) last weekend when it was scorching, thus lots of exposed flesh. Not every other woman, but almost had some sort of tat. From small circles around wrists...to giant tiger faces on the inside of a thigh.

I kid you knot this woman had a tiger on the right thigh, in colour and covering down to the top of her knee. Nothing anywhere else, not even earrings.

Comically, my ex has decided she wants a few tattoos to show her "individuality", seems more individual to not have one these days...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My sister thought it would be a good idea to have Winnie the pooh tattoos done in her youth, they look like Picasso designed them now, since she has had kids.

Job

Lisa Simspson..'Oh Bart an earring, how individual in a conformist sort of way.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom