Rant This is why we can't have nice things!

Poag

m00?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-19329653

Sadly i've watch people in their own street, open wrapper...drop wrapper...eat Mars Bar...walk under bus...sue bus. So i'm fairly sure they would do this in there own street.

I remember the days on the beach when I was little where i'd run after bits n bobs after they blew away and others did too. A day on the beach ended with a quick tidy up.

Poag

m00?
Unrelated but also "can't have nice things"

Sadest picture I have seen today :(

ipad-art-wide-greece-420x0.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yar, people who can't wait 2 steps to drop stuff in the bin 'cause they're "busy" are a bit annoying.

Second picture looks like a family in spain taking a nap on a shopping trip :p

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, if they went on a shopping trip to Greece...

gohan

FH is my second home
to be fair they don't look homeless or hard up, they look like maybe a bus was delayed and they've had to rough it for a while, but what homeless person wheres shorts t-shirt and flip flops?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Same here on the Belgian beaches :(
There are literally big bins every 10m and people still find it too much work to use them...

gohan

FH is my second home
On topic I remember a few years ago (probably like 10) my mum came back from Goa, and was saying it was such a beatiful place etc, and the beachs in India were gorgeous but the only problem was that the Indians didn't clear up after themselves and just left the beach in a proper state. India is a 3rd world country for the most part... What's our excuse?

- English -

Resident Freddy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-19329653

Sadly i've watch people in their own street, open wrapper...drop wrapper...eat Mars Bar...walk under bus...sue bus. So i'm fairly sure they would do this in there own street.

I remember the days on the beach when I was little where i'd run after bits n bobs after they blew away and others did too. A day on the beach ended with a quick tidy up.

Totally agree, no excuses for it. Pigs.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Brighton's always been bad for it. Most of the offenders will be out of towners sadly.

And maybe that Greek family wouldn't be so bad off if they you know, actually paid their tax and stuff? ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There'd be plenty of jobs if they paid their tax in the first place ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"No job creation without taxation"

Just like the Americans used to say, eh? ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Well, they HAD jobs and didn't pay tax... it's not like there's never been jobs. ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They had the wrong type of job. All public sector or tax dodging construction.

Nobodies fault but the Greeks and their tax dodging antics. If they paid their tax then their government could afford to operate.

Poag

m00?
Obviously they need taxing more...so they get a job to pay the taxes.

Damn those buskers...taking a nap...when they could be being taxed! i mean working...

Poag

m00?
They had the wrong type of job. All public sector or tax dodging construction.

Nobodies fault but the Greeks and their tax dodging antics. If they paid their tax then their government could afford to operate.
I dont disagree that Greece was dodgy as hell. But seeing a (claimed in the BBC article) homeless family with a young child is kinda sad.

I watched some docu about Greece a while ago with some politicians who's name ....Portilo...just came back to me.... met some families who had been made homeless in a free medical center. Its not just the crooked ones who are out of work, those in regular day to day supermarket type jobs are out too.

I think the only industry that's still remotely kicking is Tourism based on my holiday there some months back. The touristy restaurants/bars/shops all doing quite well. But local shops all looking fairly barren. Lots of closed up houses with what I took as For Sale signs up on them.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They must be attracting a certain crowd, I have one simple rule, no tattoo's, on the two beaches I grew up by if you walked on with a tattoo and you aren't an emo then some guy in the corner stops playing the piano.
In that Portillo doc it was two teachers who were going for handouts and hadn't paid any bills for months, their salleries had been cut by 50%.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd say it depends on the tattoo, but this is england so i'm guessing it matters f*ck all :p

Job

I can't subtly discriminate, it works well as a general rule, the more tattoos, the more likely the loud radio, kicking football at everyone, intimidating people, getting pissed..the exception proves the rule of course.
The tattooed emo's just hide under umbrellas.

Poag

m00?
In that Portillo doc it was two teachers who were going for handouts and hadn't paid any bills for months, their salleries had been cut by 50%.
Was it? I might be mistaken but i thought they were unemployed and moved in with her parents? But it was a while ago so might be wrong!

Poag

m00?
I can't subtly discriminate, it works well as a general rule, the more tattoos, the more likely the loud radio, kicking football at everyone, intimidating people, getting pissed..the exception proves the rule of course.
When my family went abroad for holidays when I was little, if we were on a beach and a group of exceedingly English people as described above came along. We'd switch to speaking French and move somewhere else on the beach. Ah being bilingual has its advantages sometimes :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I didn't read the thread but I sincerely doubt that 23 tonnes of rubbish would have been soaked up by the extra 60 bins they installed had they been used.

Fucking morons.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I saw 5 people arrested on Clacton beach over rubbish. Kid throws rubbish in ocean and is told to pick it up. His Dad and 4 mates show up to let everyone know that you don't tell his kid what to do. After many 4 letters words are used the police show up to defuse the situation. One of the primates swings for a copper with a glass bottle. Queue about 20 coppers showing up including ones with guns to carry the waste of sperm away.

Job

Adds Clacton beach to the list

Poag

m00?
I saw 5 people arrested on Clacton beach over rubbish. Kid throws rubbish in ocean and is told to pick it up. His Dad and 4 mates show up to let everyone know that you don't tell his kid what to do. After many 4 letters words are used the police show up to defuse the situation. One of the primates swings for a copper with a glass bottle. Queue about 20 coppers showing up including ones with guns to carry the waste of sperm away.
Over response = best response

gohan

FH is my second home
This is the biggest load of bollox I've ever heard, out of my group of friends the guys with tattoo's are at Uni or work for banks or have their own businesses etc and of my mates who are 'football louts' (tho not properly as I wouldn't hang around with them if they were) non of them have tattoo's. I'm the only person in my grp of friends that both likes football and has a tattoo

Job

The exception proves the rule, tattoos are generally for the meat head and fashion victims.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is the biggest load of bollox I've ever heard, out of my group of friends the guys with tattoo's are at Uni or work for banks or have their own businesses etc and of my mates who are 'football louts' (tho not properly as I wouldn't hang around with them if they were) non of them have tattoo's. I'm the only person in my grp of friends that both likes football and has a tattoo
But you've got a tramp stamp though? ;)

gohan

FH is my second home
The exception proves the rule, tattoos are generally for the meat head and fashion victims.
except they're not. At all. Maybe 15-20 years ago but more girls have tattoo's than guys now. And yes, most football thugs have a tattoo but not everyone that has a tattoo is a football thug. Almost everyone in the armed forces has a tattoo. And like I said, of my friends, the ones with tattoo's are generally smarter/higher achieving than those without. I'm not saying that's true throughout the whole of life just my soicial group as I don't associate with morons, tattoo or no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom