This is why no1 solos and bb rule!!!

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Ppl moan on this forum that no1 ever solos,or that 2 many ppl use bb's,well im not bloody suprised after this kind of attitude.
Ima solo,unbuffed huntress,i try to pick out the bard from a hib grp,almost got him but got killed by his 7 m8s and get /rude spammed by yohgi the muppet shar,nice m8 :wanker:

Keitan

Banned
Balthus said:
Ppl moan on this forum that no1 ever solos,or that 2 many ppl use bb's,well im not bloody suprised after this kind of attitude.
Ima solo,unbuffed huntress,i try to pick out the bard from a hib grp,almost got him but got killed by his 7 m8s and get /rude spammed by yohgi the muppet shar,nice m8 :wanker:

Well tbh get a bb then u will wipe em all hehe

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Happens alot, don't give up tho ;)

Attachments

• positive.jpg
    positive.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 105

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:

Kill all stealthers!!! they always add on decent fights, also if you attacked a bard from a fg then I would hav eprobably /ponder or something at you, and make it a mission to kill you every time I see you fight.

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Staffzor said:
Kill all stealthers!!! they always add on decent fights, also if you attacked a bard from a fg then I would hav eprobably /ponder or something at you, and make it a mission to kill you every time I see you fight.

Not got a problem with that m8,but its the /rude/rude/rude/rude/rude afterwards thats out of order when all ive done is fight whilst solo an unbuffed :eek2:

ImaNoobie

Fledgling Freddie
Just do what i did, stop going to Thidranki. Im a lot happier and less frustrated.

Thidranki used to be great when no-one ToA'ed, sc'ed and bb'ed. Now its just a waste of time for the average player who doesnt have the time or patience to totally outfit a level 24 character with Masterpiece/Legendary items.

What is the point? Thidranki isn't fun anymore, move on to the next BG up or down. All the players who spend hours and huge amounts of money to outfit will be left with the exact same in the other realms in thidranki, thus in effect cancelling each other out. All those hours and plats wasted, while all the average/casual players are having fun in the 19 and 29 battlegrounds (ive even heard of players having fun in Molvik and Leirvik ;) ).

Thidranki is dead, move on....

Keitan

Banned
ImaNoobie said:
Just do what i did, stop going to Thidranki. Im a lot happier and less frustrated.

Thidranki used to be great when no-one ToA'ed, sc'ed and bb'ed. Now its just a waste of time for the average player who doesnt have the time or patience to totally outfit a level 24 character with Masterpiece/Legendary items.

What is the point? Thidranki isn't fun anymore, move on to the next BG up or down. All the players who spend hours and huge amounts of money to outfit will be left with the exact same in the other realms in thidranki, thus in effect cancelling each other out. All those hours and plats wasted, while all the average/casual players are having fun in the 19 and 29 battlegrounds (ive even heard of players having fun in Molvik and Leirvik ;) ).

Then roll a stealther m8 see a Zerg then Stealth if u are not u dont have that ability so dont say BG1 suxor and roll a stealther and stop whinging

P.S Thid is not dead lolz

Nichii

Fledgling Freddie
ImaNoobie said:
Now its just a waste of time for the average player who doesnt have the time or patience to totally outfit a level 24 character

seeing as so many people complaining about bg1, it cant be all dead.

And most people who care about bg1 and want to be able to kill something will do 1 of 3 thing's

1: get some armor and weapon's and sc the lot.
2: get some average armor (possibly not the kinda armortype ur class rly need (bard-leather, bm-leather, nightshade-cloth armor, etc.)
or 3: simply not go bg1 co's u dont want to use 5 minute's to get some armor and have some fun.

Im sick and tired of people saying thidranki is lame if u dont get proper stuff, it's not dead, it aint lame, so stop claiming so :twak:

Aaaand, shifting gear for a second.
Having a buffbot is a choice, and most ppl choose to do it, not like ur a dumb, lame, or even bad player if u have a buffbot, it's just and advantage rly :m00:

Add:
ImaNoobie said:
Im a lot happier and less frustrated.
if u get frustrated from sucking some donkeyball's at killing anything in bg1, id say ur the one with a problem tbh.

ow wait ;x :twak:
/Foamys

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
haha

yoghi was in my group we bow'd spammed to every dead thing out there
so dont get offended

and i dont recall u nearly killin me as i was playin bard at the time

were just messing on no need to come on here and cry :/

wasnt a fg either was like 4-5 of us kthxbye

Mutoria

Fledgling Freddie
lol, there was 4 of us, maybe five ( me, rid, zovic, yohgi, maybe hamrox)

you tried to pick out the bard of our group, what are we going to do, watch you try and kill it?

and for the record, you didnt even come close to killing it

/bow /bow /bow /bow /bow

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
No Offence but you should try just care less about shit like this and not make a thread about every single thingy that happens ingame imo ;P

noblok

Part of the furniture
ImaNoobie said:
Hmm. It is still possible to have fun in Thid as a casual player. You dont _need_ a bot to compete. I play without a bot and I do just fine. I'm not as strong as you'd believe from some posts on here, but I can stand my ground vs most oppenents.

Spellcraft is a bit harder. It is not needed, but for 1vs1 it is very nice to have. If you can't afford it: group up and make up for your bad equipment with superior numbers.

A last note: a decent sc hardly costs lots of plats. A long time ago Ovo even posted a spellcraft template for his savage using only jewelry dropped in the cursed tomb (the spot where he exped from 20-24). For chain it would cost around 700g I guess, cloth 400? If you've got crafters yourself this will be even less.

Blokkie, "casual"

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Ridje said:
haha

so dont get offended

Rounds this topic up nicely then :p

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Ridje said:
haha

so dont get offended

Recall a bit harder then m8,u were down to the last fraction of hp until u got a nicely timed heal as you were running away from me ;),1 or 2 shots more an u were dead,butthats not the issue,dont care if u were near death,full hp or what,i dont care that i was killed,part of the game just cut out the /rude spamming when some1 has the balls to try and play solo and away from the zerg.Any solo guys i find out there that die ill give a repsect /salute to them for trying.I remember you bowing and thought ah kool,then yoghi joined in with the rudes :(

And what else is freddys good for if not whinging on :confused:

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
Thid is alive and kicking

u die u win u run u get zerged

just like in real bigboysrvr, only...
u get back in action within 2 min's

i love thid, adn yes i have a sc-ed toa-ed lv 24 sb

cost me 3p 35min of levelling and 60 min to make my SC-ed set
i can see why no casual player can do this

erhmm...... erh..... um.. no i can not

live with it.

Mutoria

Fledgling Freddie
thid is fun because you can attack people in fgs and its only a 1min run back to the aciton, it doesnt matter.

also, by saying you have the 'balls to solo', your not the only one, I see many stealthers on my nightsahde as I solo myself.

Mutoriae

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes i am in a solo mood and sometimes i am in a Guild Group mood...

end of the day dont bring your shortcommings to FH you will just get the same old reply

Papamitsos

Fledgling Freddie
Spam /rude sux
No respect to ruders just kill em and /dismis :kissit:

Keitan

Banned
seeph said:
cost me 3p 35min of levelling and 60 min to make my SC-ed set
i can see why no casual player can do this

3p !! lolz my fully capped svg temp full capped all that is for thid cost 500g :p
And no lvling i lvl in thid :p

noblok

Part of the furniture
Imanoobie, I did this template just for you. Template's created for a crush merc, costs around 300g (when crafted yourself) and 27 aurulite. It hasn't got everything capped, but you will still perform ok with it.

Use this and str/con alchemy potions if you don't have a bot, but feel you're still lacking a bit. You should be able to buy the pots with the money you make in Thid.

I know the layout's odd, but I never bothered downloading a sc calculator. I am still using the Herald, casual enough for you? :) Made it this compact for a better overview.
Code:
[font=arial][b]Summary:[/b]
Str:37  Qui:37  Con:36  Dex:6

HP: 95

Cr:10     Sl:13       Thr:13
Sp:10    En:9        Mtr:11
Ht:11     Bdy:11    Cld:11

Dual wield:5        Crush:5

[b]SC items, 99% quality:[/b]
-con 10           - con 10          - con 10           - str 10
-crush 2(skill)  - DW 2            - crush 2 (skill) - slash 3
-heat 5           - crush 5          - spirit 3           - thrust 3
-DW 1            - crush 1(skill)  - body 3           - spirit 3
-energy 3       - energy 3         - matter 3         - quick 7

[b]Jewelry:[/b]
aurulite bracer (7 aur)           -  Thrust 3, energy 3
15 epic bracer                     -  DW 2, qui 7, HP 20, heat1
aurulite ring x2 (14 aur)        -  HP 12, cold 3
11 epic jewel                       -  Str 6, qui 6, dex 6, spirit 1
the fall of aulus belt              -  Str 7, HP 24, con 6
reaching beyond necklace    -  HP 27, crush 2, slash 2, thrust 2
aurulite cloak (6 aurulite)      -  Crush 3, matter 3[/font]
Blokkie, Thane :wub:

ImaNoobie

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Imanoobie, I did this template just for you. Template's created for a crush merc, costs around 300g (when crafted yourself) and 27 aurulite. It hasn't got everything capped, but you will still perform ok with it.

Use this and str/con alchemy potions if you don't have a bot, but feel you're still lacking a bit. You should be able to buy the pots with the money you make in Thid.

I know the layout's odd, but I never bothered downloading a sc calculator. I am still using the Herald, casual enough for you? :) Made it this compact for a better overview.
Code:
[font=arial][b]Summary:[/b]
Str:37  Qui:37  Con:36  Dex:6

HP: 95

Cr:10     Sl:13       Thr:13
Sp:10    En:9        Mtr:11
Ht:11     Bdy:11    Cld:11

Dual wield:5        Crush:5

[b]SC items, 99% quality:[/b]
-con 10           - con 10          - con 10           - str 10
-crush 2(skill)  - DW 2            - crush 2 (skill) - slash 3
-heat 5           - crush 5          - spirit 3           - thrust 3
-DW 1            - crush 1(skill)  - body 3           - spirit 3
-energy 3       - energy 3         - matter 3         - quick 7

[b]Jewelry:[/b]
aurulite bracer (7 aur)           -  Thrust 3, energy 3
15 epic bracer                     -  DW 2, qui 7, HP 20, heat1
aurulite ring x2 (14 aur)        -  HP 12, cold 3
11 epic jewel                       -  Str 6, qui 6, dex 6, spirit 1
the fall of aulus belt              -  Str 7, HP 24, con 6
reaching beyond necklace    -  HP 27, crush 2, slash 2, thrust 2
aurulite cloak (6 aurulite)      -  Crush 3, matter 3[/font]
Blokkie, Thane :wub:

Thanks for the time you took to do a template for me Blokkie :cheers:

The reason for my earlier whine was from the point of view from a casual player who does not have time or a level 50 alt. I was leveling a new character, when i reached level 23 i decided to goto Thid. In the old days before ToA & Catacombs i spent a very enjoyable time in Thid, everyone was more or less equal.

Thid has now changed for the worse. Its no longer players who level 1 to 24 and goto Thid with Drop/quested items. It's all about who can outfit a 24 character with level 50 ToA items, Legendary weapons and spellcraft items by LGM Spellcrafters. Hence, those with money and LGM crafters win.

Its no longer fun for me as a casual gamer, hence why i said it was dead. Dead for me. Im sure im not the only one......

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
I guess people like Niradi the firby makes a nice example of unableness to solo.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Strega said:
I guess people like Niradi the firby makes a nice example of unableness to solo.

Not fair strega - I was out with my eldritch Nocare last night and I was grouped with him - I had actually pmd him 2 or 3 times asking him if he wanted to grp but he said that there was no zerg out so he would solo a bit -

after a while the mids had a good tank gg out so we grouped up and had some fun ...

he is a nice guy and a pretty honourable player is all --

and hi blockie !! thanks for giving me that hand when that infil jumped me beside you last night !

I went for the gandalf effect with the white staff :p

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Not fair strega -he is a nice guy and a pretty honourable player

Roger that. So easy to get a wrong impression sometimes.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
good thidranki temps are expensive. i have to have capped hits cap and +abit to con on my chars, they always end on about 1.5 p

Ubba

Fledgling Freddie
Rofl

i dnt no if anyone knows my bm salladfingers but he is in bought merchant armor and has 2 big ass toa weaps (arcanite mace of the tainted or sumin like dat, that dnt even effect me) i have crap stats and lame hits and resists but i lvl'd him to 24 in thid and cappd him in a weekend had a great time ... most of time i was unbuffd i have no bb and i still did oki all this crap bout u NEED !!!! a sc and NEED a bb is bollox :wanker:

i didnt i still did oki :cheers:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
If im playing a tank I wont buff myself incase I come across Blokkie and/or Thugz as they give good duels and are generally unbufed ...

However if im playing a caster like the eld .. I will roll a lvl 20 bot and buff myself because with other casters like warlocks out there that can one hit my unbuffed hit points - no skills or luck can save me ..

I usually wear sc but I dont go over board .. got a friend of mine who usually gives me a set of 99percent with con / dex / intel and plus 5 points to whatever im in ( ie light )

other than that I just have some fun .. im wearing items that dont effect me ( cloak and staff ) just to have ...

Its an age old arguement that people say you shouldnt play with buffs and you shouldnt have sc and that but tbh ...when I first came to daoc there wasnt much money in circulation - dragon raids took ages ...we rarely had df and money didnt come easy -

now after playing for xyz years/months I can afford to spend a few 100 gold to improve my armours to stand a better chance against what new features have come in to the game ..chambers etc ..

I dont mind people that wear free armour or go around buffless ..I admire that ..but that doesnt mean that their way is the right way and some sc is the wrong way ...

did anyone actually bother to read all of this ? ..seriously ! ure coffee break is defo over now mfer :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom