This game any good?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
My dad got it for my brother... but my bro was never an online FPS'er, and he's busy with KOTOR and DAOC for the moment, so I could easily grab the game for some online playing... But is it any good online? How does it compare to BF1942? PlanetSide, RTCW, etc?

Ta ;)

Will

/bin/su
Its great. Think of it as a cross between CS and RTCW and you aren't too far off.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
A bit similar in feel to RtCW -Quake 3 engine- but quite a bit slower, a lot prettier (but less varied) than BF1942, 100 times better than PlanetSide, not that thats saying a lot :)
Best multiplayer game Ive played in a long time.
To sum it up, you could say its the game Medal Of Honour was supposed to be, but never was , imo of course :)

jas_k1

Fledgling Freddie
yeah it's quite good

it is quite good

it is a little RTCW and MOHAA mix which works very well.

Some good servers and with 5 gametypes and 12 maps you won't be short of servers to play on or variation.

Already some of the gametypes have even been modded and conversions are underway

JAS
K1 clan :m00:

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I've been considering a new game for a while now, eventually im hoping to get into PainKiller when its released but for the time being i need something new, q3 is really on its way out and fast :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Whys that Raw ? Is it that people are bored of it, or is it cheats or what ?
Just asking out of interest really :) I never made the Great Move from Q2 to Q3, for all I bought the game the day it came out. For that reason whenever I do play it I pretty much enjoy it :)
CoD ,as you have probably guessed, is well worth a buy , btw :)

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Well its quite an old game now, 4-5 years old? UK Q3 has suffered quite a bit in the last 18 months and the scene really has shrunk quite drastically, the only place to get a decent game is pickup and that isn't always fun, the public servers are full of retarded 12 year old euros (since nobody plays in the UK on public osp servers now).

Cheating isnt so much of a problem all though you do get the occasional 1, not something to worry about though.

I've been playing a bit of Americas Army, totally different to q3 but good fun.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
nyeh quake 1 was the best quake imho back in teh day=/

yur cod does rock try it out online u will be surprised ^_^

SilverHood

FH is my second home
had a go at a team DM just now... good stuff, except the M1 garrang is way better than the german equivelent.... cant seem to hit shit with the german one :/

Nice graphics tho :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
had a go at a team DM just now... good stuff, except the M1 garrang is way better than the german equivelent.... cant seem to hit shit with the german one :/

Nice graphics tho :)

tdm kicks ass dont it:DDDD

SilverHood

FH is my second home
felt a bit wierd really

you'd charge the enemy, kill them all, and then they spawn BEHIND you.... pain in the arse (bad pun).
Havent tried the other game modes - what are they like?

Will

/bin/su
Search and Destroy, and Retrieval, are a bit more measured. I prefer these modes.

Behind Enemy Lines is the best of the casual play modes. You only score when you are the Allies player, and you are outnumbered.

TDM and DM are just poor.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
Behind Enemy Lines is the best of the casual play modes. You only score when you are the Allies player, and you are outnumbered.

TDM and DM are just poor.

i dont mind the other modes but i dont like the idea of having to w8 for a round to end.... i think behind enemy lines is just strange :s

tdm and dm r the most fun

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
It just needs more maps now, S&D is the mode I play :clap:

When is the patch coming?!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Im afraid I cant possibly see any point in the endless shoot-die-respawn games like tdm and dm.
Search and Destroy or Retreival for me.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
damn S&D is good... not had so much fun in ages

Specially that russian map, with the 2 destroyed buildings... :D

Sniper heaven :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
well the patch appears to be very close (well theres a test page up at callofduty.com)

something called pandora anticheat is in a beta stage for CoD support

and finally there are a few new maps out

the map/mod tools are also available (if you know how to use them)

more info @ www.callofduty.co.uk

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Only problem with custom maps, if you install them you cant get onto pure servers :/

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
raw said:
I've been playing a bit of Americas Army, totally different to q3 but good fun.

Likewise, perhaps 'cus I'm old I prefer the more sedate pace :)
Well worth a download !

I also tried an evaluation copy of COD, thought the sp game was very good, will purchase full version soon to try online.

I picked up Halo at Tescos the other day (£19), it is quite crap.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Halo is beyond dreadful imo :)
I have Americas Army, but Im not a big fan tbh. Maybe too realistic, at the expense of gameplay imo.
CoD gets it just right I reckon :)

Will

/bin/su
I'm not sure why I never got into America's Army. I think it was the fact I started playing it after people had had long enough to get good at it, and I just died again and again without ever seeing anyone who had shot at me.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah the gameplay in Americas Army i finds a bit harsh at times, trying to tell the difference between a team mate and an enemy (long range) without using binoculars is impossible and not every position gets them, plus its to slow moving, i do enjoy it at times though.

Think ill buy cod and give it ago.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Will said:
I'm not sure why I never got into America's Army. I think it was the fact I started playing it after people had had long enough to get good at it, and I just died again and again without ever seeing anyone who had shot at me.
I had that problem (i only started last week) but Americas Army has some Training servers, so all the long term players or anyone good (honor 15+) cant play on them, so its basically full of new players learning, helped me loads being on them, at least now i can join a normal game and not get raped the second i spawn.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
aa is a ace game only problem is its to hardcore + real for sum ppl :twak:

Will

/bin/su
And all my stats being reported to the US Army doesn't help either.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It does look great too, its just the Americas Army name, and well, everything to do with it, that puts me off :(

Will

/bin/su
throdgrain said:
It does look great too, its just the Americas Army name, and well, everything to do with it, that puts me off :(
That and the fact that Op Flash is far better? ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Will said:
That and the fact that Op Flash is far better? ;)

Indeed Op Flash is by far the best single player game Ive ever played, fact :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom