This game any good?

Will

/bin/su
Conchabar said:
op flash multi player suxed and aa isnt a single player game
Having played it more than any other game online (except maybe CS), I have to disagree with that. :eek:

SilverHood

FH is my second home
been playing a bit today... quite tricky learning the game with no single player to practise on :)

Which servers do you people play on?

I've been playing on the Jolt and Multiplay ones, and ping is usually not a problem unless some spanish 56k'er logs on and warps all over the place

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ive been playing on Jolt 3 quite a bit, though as the game gets more popular theres more and more wankers going on there, like all Jolt servers ;/
We're hoping for a KEA server soon, but in the meantime I can reccomend my mates pimp clan server , 193.201.200.224.27045
Proper grownup people who like a laugh :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
On a side note, it it just me or is the multiplayer interface (server selection, etc) really terrible?

UT's was better, and that game came out around 3-4 years ago.
When you add a server to your favourties, it goes to the top of the server list again.... meaning you have to find that server selection again.

And I miss not having Irc built into the game... considering I played UT (and mods) online since 2001, I have been quite used to chatting while dead.
Such a simple thing, yet it's hardly in any games :/

SilverHood

FH is my second home
never had any trouble with using the UT one...

just a shame that Software houses develop great games, but forget the user interace... afterall, I doubt most UT players need a 3rd party program to find servers for thier game....

might give that a whirl tommoro... seing as you have to exit the game to browse the server list anyway... no more joining a half empty server while waiting for a spot to come on a good server :)

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
SilverHood said:
been playing a bit today... quite tricky learning the game with no single player to practise on :)

Which servers do you people play on?

I've been playing on the Jolt and Multiplay ones, and ping is usually not a problem unless some spanish 56k'er logs on and warps all over the place
Ill paste the list of Training Servers in here when i get home, we should all go for a game sometime :D

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
op flash multi player suxed and aa isnt a single player game

WTF, is it bollox crap.

You mean its to hard for you. Nevermind i hear "horace goes sking" is being re released :)

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
L_Plates said:
WTF, is it bollox crap.

You mean its to hard for you. Nevermind i hear "horace goes sking" is being re released :)

if the game doesnt have the option for /stick they find it hard :p

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
L_Plates said:

not hard its a peice of piss.. its just having to w8 for multiplayer games to start which piss me off although i havent pld it since start of retail could have changed alot :x

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
CoD is great - aside from the piss easy sniping.

My two year old can point and click and I bet she'd get her fair share of kills. That's how easy it is. People keep talking about an upcoming nerf and I hope the rumors are true - until then I'll have to connect and disconnect from servers until I find a "no sniper rifles" one.

The ppsh is a spray and pray dream... the StG44 is a joke and one of the worst guns in the game (classifying it as a machine gun is bad enough - you don't see German soldiers carrying one walking at a crawl on the History Channel....), the Kar98 requires a marksman badge to operate without problems, the M1 is a tad overpowered... yes, imo the weapons need a little more balancing.

But yes... it's still fun and I tend to play at least an hour a day. ;)

Will

/bin/su
If they removed the second weapon slot, suddenly the sniper rifles would have more weakness. As it is, I can snipe, then move in later, picking up an SMG on the way. If I was forced to use my pistol, it might be a bit fairer.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I love that though Will lol :)
I play on ser ers with PRM, so theres only 2 sniper rifles, as i have a fast pc I mostly get on the server first at map change. Pick a sniper, then grab the FG42 as well, Im a one man killin machine hehe :)

Also, PRM allows for only 2 weapons to be picked up, which suits what your saying too .

Will

/bin/su
The FG42 just gets on my nerves to be honest. Mostly because I see people using it to snipe while its in automatic fire. What a waste.

Clanbase has it switched off for games, and I can understand why.

P.S. Is it going to be on in our game on Sunday? And am I going to be the sniper? :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
No FG42 on sunday m8, plus only 2 snipers and limited pickups. Sounds like fun :)
Ive played 4 matches so far this week :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
When am I getting a game? I r0x :(

Btw ASE sucks balls for CoD. The game type only shows up as "main" you can't tell if your joining a gay TDM server.

Will

/bin/su
Try expanding the game, and you should get plenty more options. Including S&D.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
leggy said:
When am I getting a game? I r0x :(

Btw ASE sucks balls for CoD. The game type only shows up as "main" you can't tell if your joining a gay TDM server.

You can m8 :) It says S&D or Ret or TDM etc.

As far as a game goes, idling in kea.cod, and thus being able to add your name to the list would be considered an advantage :D

As far as my 4 matches go , 3 of them were mercing for PIMP, and the other one was against pimp :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Will said:
Try expanding the game, and you should get plenty more options. Including S&D.

Yes of course. Sorry i'm having a thick day. Again

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
sniper and smg = best way to play the game.. useing a sniper rifle in all games is point and click its the same with all sniper rifles and all guns in all games

although im very good with the pistol as well so if they take away the 2 slots i wont care tbh im used to it from cs

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
useing a sniper rifle in all games is point and click its the same with all sniper rifles and all guns in all games

:eek: :twak: Get out.

It's not like that for ALL games and ALL guns.

Opflash for instance? Americas Army?
Battlefield 1942 sniper?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh I find BF1942 sniper very difficult I must admit.
I dont think CoD sniping is as easy as people like to think either, particularly if most of the people on the map have a sniper, ie Hurgen or whatever. You tend to look at someone through your scope woh is looking right back at you through thier scope, its a case of who can line up quickest. :)
If you sit at the back and wait thats a different thing though, but you dont win many proper games doing that.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
ok in aa its done through breathing u take the shot through how u breath. i think its the same in op flash .. to long since ive pld it tbh... bf1942 never really got into this game but when i pld this at a lan with sniper rifle found it quite easy \o/

Will

/bin/su
AA is breathing, Op Flash is about bullet drop and leading.

BF1942 is just weird. You lead, there isn't any drop, but the lead seems too far. I was good at it (ask Scooba), but I wouldn't describe it as easy.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Sniping with a scope is easy as piss in CoD - sniping without one is skill.
This is especially true for the Kar98 with its shitty sights.

I still like the MP40 best. And it's accurate enough for the occasional ghetto sniping. :D

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I havent done the SF courses so rarely am i a sniper, unless i pickup a gun randomly but found it reasonably tough going, need practice i guess.

Anyone fancy a game tonight? (Americas Army) can see it being more fun with people you know/forumies! rather than 12 year old fat american kids!

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
raw said:
I havent done the SF courses so rarely am i a sniper, unless i pickup a gun randomly but found it reasonably tough going, need practice i guess.

Anyone fancy a game tonight? (Americas Army) can see it being more fun with people you know/forumies! rather than 12 year old fat american kids!

I am slightly tempted. But i uninstalled last time due to an overdose of wannabe army yanks.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Nar :(

If you're up for CoD though just give us a shout in #xatrix or #kea.cod, ill be playing somewhere , along with Lester etc probably :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom