This forum and its layout..

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok,

Have seen the comments about the look of this forum being shit and stuff.

Firstly, it is a work in progress. Also under your User CP under Edit Options you can move the post info to the top of the post or the left. Can't remember what the default is.

Trust me, it will change over the next few days/weeks (well it is Christmas after all!).

Bear with us please

Embattle

FH is my second home
You have to choose the location when you join, I picked top at first although now I run it the more traditional way of on the left which makes it look better.

Summo

Loyal Freddie
I like this new vBulletin and the new layout. NIce touch with the Christmas logo at the top. :)

I've already started to abuse people's reputations.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Summo said:
I like this new vBulletin and the new layout. NIce touch with the Christmas logo at the top. :)

I've already started to abuse people's reputations.
Including your own one I hope ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Summo said:
Meg's reputation -1

My two cents:

Remove the borders around each separate post in a thread, and make each post alternate light green/dark green.

Everything else is cool, although I'd prefer 'quick reply' actually written on the quick reply button. Also, when you insert an image, it asks you to insert text rather than insert the url.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
It looks a lot nicer now than it did earlier, so great work :) Keep it coming etc.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What does the little yellow/black icon represent on the shortcut link on my browser? The game.net site had the same icon.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
That you're online Tom.
One thing though, i vote to keep this Quick reply option at the bottom. It's good for us lazy basts. :)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
There appears to be new postcount-related titles.

What are they? :)

Dr_Gonzo

Fledgling Freddie
This quick reply thing can save precious seconds in an emergency.

mank!

Part of the furniture
It confuses me a great deal... I'm sure I'll get used to it, though.

Gil

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
What does the little yellow/black icon represent on the shortcut link on my browser? The game.net site had the same icon.

Sir Frizz said:
That you're online Tom.

Oooh like a refridgerator light, on when you look off when you don't

I'll get me coat :(

Exoshear

Fledgling Freddie
The forum design looks nice. But can't beat the Barrysworld one!

I didn't really post much on the Barrysworld forum, I just tended to lurk a lot. I'll post a bit more on this one though:}

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Can we have a style thats sort of black with white writing and a purple logo please ?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Getting used to the forum front page is difficult, can't belive the moaning when BW changed from that to the index being used at present, and yet I find it very hard to go back to this layout.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
Getting used to the forum front page is difficult, can't belive the moaning when BW changed from that to the index being used at present, and yet I find it very hard to go back to this layout.
Yep, the BW index atm is great to use, mainly because there are so many subforums.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I like the new layout in all honesty. It's easier to read than BW imo, and the quote boxes are much funkier. I like being able to see who else is viewing the same thread as me aswell. In fact the only thing I can find to complain about is the lack of camel pr0n. Pls admin, sort this out thx bye.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I just don't like the front page of it all. Looks a bit cluttered. I think these lot are just getting used to the new VB.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Clown said:
I just don't like the front page of it all. Looks a bit cluttered. I think these lot are just getting used to the new VB.

We will get it right but with Christmas around the corner it will take time. So many things to do so little time.....

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
mank said:
It confuses me a great deal... I'm sure I'll get used to it, though.

Just take two aspirin and call me in two weeks time.
Whats this reputation donations all about?

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Deebs said:
We will get it right but with Christmas around the corner it will take time. So many things to do so little time.....
Get some work done :touch:

I'm sure everyone is just grateful for a new home, thanks.

tam

Fledgling Freddie
I think its a decent forum, a good load of customization options. The structure *could* be better though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Is it possible to reduce the amount of space taken up at the top of the page, by the subforums, and other stuff? On my 1280x1024, the threads don't start until about 80% of the way down the screen.

Shadow_Xj5

Fledgling Freddie
That all down to the forum structure, if they alter that, your problem will be fixed. But until then, whithout some major edits to the Forumdisplay templates it'll stay that way.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ch3tan said:
It's because while it's more vb2 it's not quite, which makes it harder.

On another tangent forum display template editing seems way ott since unless VB3 is radically wank in comparison to VB2 a lot of that could be solved with better grouping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom