This forum and its layout..

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Aye, it's all a bit cluttered at the moment. Too many boxes, and like Tom said, threads start too far down the page.

Suggest some way of being able to select which things are displayed to you? At the moment, there's a lot of useless shit I could do without.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Swift^ said:
Aye, it's all a bit cluttered at the moment. Too many boxes, and like Tom said, threads start too far down the page.

Suggest some way of being able to select which things are displayed to you? At the moment, there's a lot of useless shit I could do without.
The option to "Mark an announcement as read" would be welcome, since those are taking up chubber spaces at the moment. And indeed, even hiding subforums that you're not interesting in would be good.

Actually: The funny little "Hide" whatsits on the "Quick Reply" box, could they be used to have the subforums list (optionally) hidden by default?

/me tosses ideas around

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed. I'm loving the sexeh popup menus all over the place. - Especially the fact that they've bothered to code them to work in Mozilla as well, it's like Christmas has come early :D

dysfunction

FH is my second home
"Location" to be shown under our names...as well as a few other bits of gen info would be great...

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
In the forum view, the alt text shows a preview of the first post in the thread. Is that absolutely necessary? Just seems to clutter the screen up, maybe i'm just being picky!

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I prefer it, the forums are still in their infancy and its a public holiday.

I take my hat off to the people who have put all their hard work into getting these pages up and running so quickly, its good to see a slightly different format, out with the old and in with the new without making it too different.

Keep up the good work imo /salute.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
i like it, just would like an autologoff tool as in BWs and black background cos am too lazy to edit my old avatar :<

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Why do we have to have that little page icon on every post?

The default is none but there is still an icon there...

(I've replaced it with a ? icon for this post)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Can we please have the "Entertainment" forums back in the General forum...its a bit of a bind to have to keep flicking to and fro...

Thanks

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's better this way tbh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Move entertainment forums back to the general forum as has been suggested in the feedback forum.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
Move entertainment forums back to the general forum as has been suggested in the feedback forum.

This has been done but I still prefer is the way it was....where you could see the subforums and see if there is movement in them.

The way it is now you can't see anything about it.

:(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
dysfunction said:
This has been done but I still prefer is the way it was....where you could see the subforums and see if there is movement in them.

The way it is now you can't see anything about it.

:(
That's because it has not "been done". What is there at the moment is a simple redirect.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Regarding the films/music/books/sport/imaging section, would it not be possible to list these in the same way as sub-categories are listed when you visit the main forum portal? So each category is in a small font, with a comma between each one, and only using 1 line total?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Cant we have A Forum Called say: Off Topic (as in off the topic of gaming)
and then under that we can have:

General
Feedback
Films & DVD
Books
Music
Sports
Imaging
etc...

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I like the forum structure as it is just now.

General serving for random shazzaz, and the Entertainment section for more specific things.

Will

/bin/su
Unstuck, since it doesn't seem to be getting used any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom