This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This can't be right!

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Exoshear, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Exoshear

Exoshear Fledgling Freddie

Is it right that parents have their music on louder than their son's? I can't hear my own music over their music - And mines actually at a reasonable volume level so only I can hear it.

The bugger has U2 and Black Sabboth blaring out while I'm listening to Queen and R.E.M as quiet background noise while doing some coursework.

Sigh, what's the world coming too? :p :D :cool:

2. leggy

leggy Probably Scottish FH Subscriber

No it's perfectly reasonable now.

My dad currently has Christy Moore blaring at a stupidly high volume. I mean it's folk music for crying out loud, not bloody system of a down.

3. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator

I have headphones on at home to drown out my son's music, blaring from his room upstairs, but then I don't mind alot of what he plays anyway so it wouldn't bother me if I could hear it.... actually I get him to turn his music up while I'm having a bath :)

4. PR.

PR. Fledgling Freddie

Don't forget that these old fogies have trouble hearing so they need the volume up higher than us youngsters :p

5. fatbusinessman

fatbusinessman Fledgling Freddie

Pardon?

6. Cdr

Cdr One of Freddy's beloved

*Baddum tish*

7. Shovel

Shovel Can't get enough of FH

FatBusinessman.co.uk: Cheap gags, on demand, 24/7.

-- On topic: My Dad plays his music remarkably loud. It's not usually a problem, since I owe him for getting me in to most of the music I listen to now. For all his sins, he does have remarkably eclectic taste.

8. Gombur Glodson

Gombur Glodson Fledgling Freddie

I remember many times where I've yelled at my father to turn down the music when I was trying to sleep :D

I think it's cool tbh ;)

9. Exoshear

Exoshear Fledgling Freddie

Thankfully the music has been turned off now. I can get on with some work. :)

10. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

The real embarassing thing is when your dad has a bigger stash of jazz mags than you or is really comfortable watching men's volleyball.

11. GekuL

GekuL Fledgling Freddie

That explains quite a lot.

12. Dimebag

Dimebag Banned

It means get the hell out of my house and do the university experience properly.

13. Brynn

Brynn Can't get enough of FH

is it wrong that i read that wrong :(

14. PLightstar

PLightstar Part of the furniture

It speaks Volumes about you, Froid would have a field day.

15. Bodhi

Bodhi Resident Freddy

And the lesson kiddies?

If you're going to try and look intelligent, learn to spell.