This amused me after my WAR Account Closed...

illu

Part of the furniture
Hello Illusb,

We've noticed that your Warhammer Online account is not active anymore. Alas, the War still rages everywhere and your departure has left a hole in the frontline defenses. Would you please take a few minutes to complete this survey and tell us why you chose to leave the game ? We value your feedback as it will allow us to continue to improve the game experience for everyone.

Link to: Answer the Warhammer Survey

Should you ever wish to revisit the battlefields of WAR, your account and characters will await your return. Simply visit the official website and reactivate your account. This is also the place to find information about recent updates to the game, including the Heavy Metal live event and the addition of the Knight of the Blazing Sun and Black Guard careers.

The WAR Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The best part is - the link doesn't work! So - do they honestly give a monkey's as to why people didn't re-subscribe?

My list would have been something like:
1. The grind is boring
2. The quests are boring
3. The pc specs were pretty high compared to daoc, so a few places became powerpoint presentations
4. Was there any crowd control or skill involved?
5. It seemed to want to be a WOW-wannabe, or maybe WOW just did Warhammer better than itself?
6. Sometimes having to wait up to an hour to log into your Server is nuts.

I did give it a try, but to be honest they needed to bring in a levelling system like daoc where it gives you rested xp points and a free level every 3 days or so.

And wasn't the end game just a mess of a zerg?

Anyway, the fact that I couldn't reply to their link amused me :>

Oli - Illu

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
6. Sometimes having to wait up to an hour to log into your Server is nuts.

they offered a solution to that by cloning the overpopulated servers. not their fault that ppl didnt take the chance.

and about the zergs.. well, this is a MMO after all.

i always wonder why ppl complain about zergs in MMO's, having lots and lots of ppl to fight with and against is pretty much the essense of this type of game, and especially one thats based around RVR. and no, DAoC were not any different, unless you started playing after the game died out and never saw the 600+ ppl relic raids back in the golden days.

test of skills? not with all the random dice rolls that pretty much makes it all come down to luck.

poor PC performance? sure why not, but then maybe subs isnt what the money should go to.

ppl need to realize that zergs is, has and always will be a part of MMO's when theres pvp involved. and if they dont like it then maybe MMO's isnt what they are after?

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Well i overall think it was boring, can't really point out any great things about it. Well mabye the zone design that was actually nicely done. Wouldn't resub no matter what. If it came down to it id rather play WoW:)

But yeah funny shit a link like that does not work:)

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
i always wonder why ppl complain about zergs in MMO's, blablabla
I always wonder why ppl dont understand that zerging is not the only thing about an mmo. MMO doesnt mean you have to zerg 24/7. It means that a lot of people is playing together or against each other in the same game. Zerging is part of it yes but if thats pretty much there is about the game (except pve) then many people, like myself, gets bored quickly.

DAoC was great in that way... You could roam around in a fg looking for other fg's. Or you could solo looking for other soloers or you could join the mighty zerg and bash keeps/towers all day/night. Some people took this way too serious though, i agree on that but it was still each and everyones own choise and not Mythic/Goa's how you want to play the game.

WAR will never be like this... sadly..

Blake

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

Been roaming arround in the contested zones for about 3 days now in Fg or 5 grp and ,. we never got zerged over.

Some nice fights against order groups from about 4 to 10 players.

So far i like it alot .

U need to have avoidance of zergskill on level 5 though, at start it was a bit hard but ... after a couple days u know what u can and can not do or go.

Must admit , i tried some solo runs and they are a compleet waste , and i wont bother to try again after server pop lowers .

Having a fun time in WAR .

Disciple of Khain K8P server .

1 note : They should implement more entrencepoints to the rvr zones, will lower the warcamp camping and improve Orvr.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I did give it a try, but to be honest they needed to bring in a levelling system like daoc where it gives you rested xp points

This is a feature of Warhammer, pretty sure it has been since release.

From your list of 6:

1- DAoC has the WORST xp grind of any mmo ever made, WAR requires no xp grind whatsoever, but the pvp "grind" has been an issue recently.
2- Quests are not great, thats for sure, but DAoC, again, had a laughable quest system.
3- PC specs are certainly an issue for many players, most DAoC rigs simply cannot play WAR with any decent fps.
4- Plenty of CC in WAR, in fact there is arguably too much now. Skill is relative, i found DAoC a relatively skilless game where "skill" was often the result of superior hardware/connection and superior level/spec/equipment + fotm class choices. WAR is, sadly but inevitably, no different.
5- WoW pve is better, but WAR's pvp is far superior. Was it a WoW wannabe, it's arguable? It has more in common with DAoC than WoW tbh, but it is neither, it's definitely it's own game and has a very different style to both.
6- Server queues are no longer an issue, in fact char transfers are being offered. They cloned the servers, split the populations up, now some have left most are migrating to fill other servers.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
I actually prefer daoc pve by a long mile:) guess its due to pling and not lvling the old way.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If not there's fucking too much Crowd Control in this game, oh and plenty of skirmish from 1vs1 to 3vs3 to 6vs6 to find about, ya know you just have to avoid the rp train, is simple as that.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie

From your list of 6:

4- Plenty of CC in WAR, in fact there is arguably too much now. Skill is relative, i found DAoC a relatively skilless game where "skill" was often the result of superior hardware/connection and superior level/spec/equipment + fotm class choices. WAR is, sadly but inevitably, no different.

That is a major lol, so all the good grps win due to better hardware?

If anything daoc 1v1 might revolve around fotm classes/gear/spec but in 8 v8 then the deciding factor is for sure skill. Look at the hib grp with druid druid warden bard champ bm chanter eldy. Nice fotm setup that has been viable since release(atleast SI):)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
That is a major lol, so all the good grps win due to better hardware?

If anything daoc 1v1 might revolve around fotm classes/gear/spec but in 8 v8 then the deciding factor is for sure skill. Look at the hib grp with druid druid warden bard champ bm chanter eldy. Nice fotm setup that has been viable since release(atleast SI):)

ofc, all of my losses has come down to insufficient hardware. honest.

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha like I told on this forum when I was on WAR Beta, was shait then and is still shait, NOTHING is better than Daoc.

Crysis is ok but....to many hackers there...

Daoc ftw

Lethul

FH is my second home
1- DAoC has the WORST xp grind of any mmo ever made, WAR requires no xp grind whatsoever, but the pvp "grind" has been an issue recently.

Have you ever tried an Korean MMO? DAoC worst xp grind of any mmo? :eek:

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Well im an old Doac player as well now on War, the 2 games cant be compared to one another i think, as it is 2 diff games alltogether. Ofc i do miss some of the Daoc things, but mainly i think War is a much better game alltogether... It has the good elements of both Daoc and WoW mashed together.

The one thing im finding annoying is the more zerg ur head off, running around aimless til im killed mentality that a lot of ppl coming straight of WoW have. I find id rather run in a grp of old daoc´ers, as it seems we generally have more grips with tactic, roles in grp etc. Which makes it all the more fun and very much more rewarding exp in PVP.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I wish my trial acc would close already, this game couldn't even school my cock even if i was horny. It's just so bad imo, Vanguard is much better, don't care for WoW, never tryed it. Atm I have to say it's either DAoC, Vanguard or Lotro. The other two just don't even come in to the equation tbh.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Reasons why I quit WAR :>

The action point system
It sucks that you have to wait for your AP to regen to perform a action. On any character you play you will run out of action point ALL the time. And there is no group regen auras or anything to help this. So basicly what I have to do on every character I've played so far is wait for action points to regen. It's really bad.

Character doing the animations while you are CC'd.
Have you noticed how your character is actually doing the same animation as when you are casting spells, even if you are disabled/silenced etc. It's really frustrating.

The "action bar" or whatever it's called. The one that pops up on your screen "you dont have enough action points" and whatever. It's so frustrating that it keeps popping up "you dont have enough action points" 24/7, even if you actually have the action points but it's just queued up with old logs.

The combat log system? Give back the one from daoc. Thanks.

The CC system.
There is just WAY to much CC in this game. And they all seem to be on different timers, and there seem to be very very very very very short cc immunity timers. If any at all.
There is also, no effective means to counter any cc.. except the root purge on tanks?.
Every tank has permanent ranged backsnare. So basicly you CAN'T get away.

And also the fact that 90% of the CC is instantspells on short range and on the wrong classes. Give Long ranged AoE cc like in Daoc.

The healers.
Most of the healers in this game is total crap. The heals are way to bad in this game. To slow castspeed, to high actoin point cost, to big setback. The healers have way to little CC also, they got a knockback or two to counter anything on them. Basicly if you get a tank on you, just stand there and spam instantspells.. so dull.

The Rewardsystem for RP's
It's just so sad that you get more renown for PvEin:g then PvPing.
Killing Mobs at undefended BO:s/keeps is the fastest way to get renownpoints.
Player kills doesn't stand a chance. Oh and keeps gives the pvp set also.
So from players, you get conquerorboots + 1 rp. From keeps/bo:s you get 4-5 set items + 1k rps.

The Gear.
So, how do you get gear in this game? Oh you have to do the same instances over and over. Can you trade the items? No, they are bound on pickup. Can you farm it fast and get over with it? No, lockout.
So basicly they are LOCKING you out from the instance, and they are preventing you from trading away the items you get that you CANT USE because you dont have all classes in the game in your 6 man group.
They are basicly forcing you onto a longer subscription if you want to get the best gear.
This is just so stupid compared to daoc. Didn't they learn anything from their mistakes in TOA with the scrolls/artifacts... (atleast you could trade them).

Scenarios for lvl 40:s.
Hi where is this scenario?
It DOESN'T work with lvl 40:s in the same scenario as lvl 32:s.... Make lvl cap 39 in SP and the other scenarios. And make another scenario for lvl 40:s.

The ZONES
Most of the T4 zones have so useless design. What is the point of having large cliffs/bridges that you can get knocked down from? To ruin the fights totally? C'mon get a clue.

Balance.
Oh there are many things that are imbalanced between the realms also, but I'm not going into that !

Zerg
Basicly it's impossible to kill the zergs coz everyone of them has some instant CC that you cant counter.

illu

Part of the furniture
Reading all that, it sounds like they have not learnt many lessons or they are just not listening to the player base.

I'm so glad I re-rolled on USA. DAOC Forever! :>

Oli - Illu

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH

From your list of 6:

2- Quests are not great, thats for sure, but DAoC, again, had a laughable quest system.
3- PC specs are certainly an issue for many players, most DAoC rigs simply cannot play WAR with any decent fps.
5- WoW pve is better, but WAR's pvp is far superior. Was it a WoW wannabe, it's arguable? It has more in common with DAoC than WoW tbh, but it is neither, it's definitely it's own game and has a very different style to both.
6- Server queues are no longer an issue, in fact char transfers are being offered. They cloned the servers, split the populations up, now some have left most are migrating to fill other servers.

1- Not really i could get a lvl 50 char in 1 day...or actually 16h playing
2- Disagree but that depends on everyon´s opinion
4- Disagree, aoe mezz and aoe root were much more effective especially to lower rrs cause of the duration time vs Knockdowns/disables etc
5- WoW PvE is the worst ever, i even felt less bored leveling in AoC. At lvl 20 mage i felt i could cut my wrists.

Basically WH is a WoW wannabe with better improvements and better pvp imho

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH

WHAT ARE YOU ON MAN???? :eek7:

Daoc was a skilless game just as much as chess.

I have never ever witnessed in any other game such effect by superior teamplay/well used abilities.

Fotm spec or whatsoever is just mere optimization, and why would not an intelligent player do that?
I dont think that in any sort of competetion you should go against someone unprepared, or be expected to.

If one wants to perform a cavalry tactic, he doesnt bring in heavy infantry.
Pointing out the many ways of actually creating a a group pretty much tells how clueless you really are.

I mean how many diffrent setups did only Midgard have when it came to groupmaking through the ages?

3 healers, shaman, 3 zerkers/savas + Warr
2 healers, skald, shammy, sava, sava, warr, zerk
2 healers, warr, 3 x RM, shammy, X
And the list goes on and on...

Not to even mention the different types of debuff/pbaoe (or Bonedancer xD) groups.

Or the fact that a brilliant strategy would be completely fucked up with a single shaman on the loose with ae root + disease.

Go watch Dem Hibbies movie or something and come back saying that skill had a small effect on the game.

For the love of god.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
To say Daoc RvR did not require skill... tsk. Shameful.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hello Illusb,

We've noticed that your Warhammer Online account is not active anymore. Alas, the War still rages everywhere and your departure has left a hole in the frontline defenses. Would you please take a few minutes to complete this survey and tell us why you chose to leave the game ? We value your feedback as it will allow us to continue to improve the game experience for everyone.

They knew they FUCKED something up, so they desperately need to know what :D

"I can change, i promise!!!!! please play me"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom