Think KitKat is out?!?!?!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I read the thread about the Nexus 5 and some people mentioned KitKat. I have an S4 with EE so decided to click 'check for updates' and it's now downloading a 689mb file. I can only assume this is the update.

Thought I would mention it on here for anyone looking to upgrade.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have a Nexus 4 and there are no updates for mine.

Poag

m00?
I have a Nexus 4 and there are no updates for mine.
Probably the next week or so for us.

Or if you are feeling daring there are some 4.4 ROMs on XDA. May give one of those a go later. CM will be a couple of weeks before they do the upgrade.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ah its still 4.3. Must have just been a big patch/update.

Poag

m00?
Yeah. Afaik Samsung said they were going to be about a month before the S4 got upgraded.

was a bit surprised when you said you'd got it!

Trem

KitKat has now been installed on mine, about 10pm last night I checked my phone (Nexus 4) and it was there. It seems............no different.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Installing OTA on my Nexus 7 2013.....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's out indeed. Nothing useful on Nexus 7 though if I'm honest. Stupid of Google really that the experience doesn't match across Nexus devices when people like Microsoft and Ubuntu are pushing that kind of synergy.

Syri

FH is my second home
Upgraded my nexus 7 (last years model) to kitkat the other day, not noticed any difference other than printing (which can see my printer, but always fails to print to it when I tried it) a new icon for settings, and a new boot up animation. Not noticed any other difference at all...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Got the 4.4 update on Friday - Unsure if I'm finding new things or if I don't use the device enough.

Trem

I like the camera icon on the unlock screen, swipe to unlock/go straight to camera.............that's about it really. It actually seems slightly slower going through screens etc. I love Google Now and I was expecting that to be more prominent in 4.4 but it doesn't seem so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom