Think GOA suck? Or hate em? Think the service sucks?

S

spankya

Have read read so many threads about people moaning about how much GOA suck and they r wankers etc. Frankly, if you dont like it, then stop playing the game!! You are paying for this service, and if you dont like it then stop paying for it!!

If this was some company supplying a service to you in some other form then you wouldnt pay I bet. For example... Your isp says, "we are going to be down for a while, not sure when we will get back up, and we are changing your logon which you may or not get details about. If you dont get your details then tough shit, you gotta wait for some unknown period of time". Well would you pay for this? I think not.

In other words, stop fucking moaning how shit GOA are, how much they suck, that they are cunts etc and do something about it if you feel that strongly. If you dont like the service then dont pay for it!!!

I think GOA has awful policies, no disaster recovery plan, and doesnt care about its customers and so I refuse them pay them anymore money!

O

old.Xanthian

Well said, now quit the WAJN you knabs.

If you dont like it dont play, fo off elsewhere.
You dont make it any easier for them.

C

Coim-

j00 sp33k th3 tr00th! Cry more all you whining n00bs.

A

adari

Originally posted by spankya
I think GOA has awful policies, no disaster recovery plan, and doesnt care about its customers and so I refuse them pay them anymore money!

ok bye

A

asorek

Have read read so many threads about people moaning about how much GOA suck and they r wankers etc. Frankly, if you dont like it, then stop playing the game!! You are paying for this service, and if you dont like it then stop paying for it!!

If this was some company supplying a service to you in some other form then you wouldnt pay I bet. For example... Your isp says, "we are going to be down for a while, not sure when we will get back up, and we are changing your logon which you may or not get details about. If you dont get your details then tough shit, you gotta wait for some unknown period of time". Well would you pay for this? I think not.

In other words, stop fucking moaning how shit GOA are, how much they suck, that they are cunts etc and do something about it if you feel that strongly. If you dont like the service then dont pay for it!!!

would you like some cheese with your whine?

sad fuck you whine about whiners on BW then post a seperate thread just to whine?
your whinethread is stlong!!

A

adari

Re: Re: Think GOA suck? Or hate em? Think the service sucks?

Originally posted by asorek

sad fuck you whine about whiners on BW then post a seperate thread just to whine?

the only one whining is j00

okthx

S

ssgamblor

ok just a serious responce ...

Yes alot of people are annoyed with the lack of service, however it's not as if we can avail of the service from someone else. And if we do want the service to change then we must voice our unhappyness , thats what Customer support is all about.

As for not paying anymore , yes people can do that , but this will not change the bad CS on GOA's part.
So instead of going OMG another whine , don't read the thread and continue on your way.

Well i'm off again , gona play some Conquest

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by asorek

Jeez, I have to share my realm with this moron :/

A

Archeon

Overall i don't have too big a problem with GOA's service. I mean sure its far from perfect, but day-to-day they run the game fairly well. Overall the subs page is up more than it is down.

Of course, i'm speaking in terms of over the past year, and seeing as all this bad shit has happened i'l probably get flamed by the people without passwords calling me a brainless n00b or telling me to cry more.

I have genuine sympathy for the people who have been screwed over by GOA (been sent non-working Pwords), and i even feel sorry for those who are unable to pay because the subs page is down (though i admit i find this part worrylingly true...

Taken From Here
This is due to the fact that they aren’t actually paying for a service, and it is the money of the people who are paying that is funding GOA's attempts to fix the page.

But yeah, i agree - Games should be played for Fun. If you don't have fun then its best for everyone to move on and do somthing else. If you keep yourself attached to a game because of 'friends' if they really think of you as a friend then they'l understand why your leaving and support you. They'l probably keep in touch as well.

I dunno - thats just my general opinion on the whole thing.

S

spankya

Re: Re: Re: Think GOA suck? Or hate em? Think the service sucks?

Originally posted by old.Xanthian

Poor u :(

S

spankya

And this isnt a whine thread... So many poeple whine about how bad the service is, which I agree, and so I am wondering why these poeple pay for the service if its so bad... Some poeple moan loads but then keep paying and playing. Well if they are that pissed off with GOA's service then they shouldnt pay for it.

I do miss playing daoc myself, and miss alot of poeple in it, but I really do think the service is awful so I quit

H

hrun

Well.. people in Europe who want to play (imo the best mmorpg right now) have to choose GOA. There isn't any other opion other then to quit or turn to American servers (and start all over again).

So therefor they put up with GOA's lack of cs, because if they want to play the game... they have to.

Some threads, I agree, sound like they have been written by 12 year olds and contain lots of "fuck GOA" etc.. but I welcome threads containing good and viable criticism. (sometimes even constructive) I believe GOA read these forums from time to time and that's why I have choosen to post in some of these whine treads.

T

temseti

Well i've been in Fabriano, Italy for 2 weeks, is the sound fixed yet?

A

asorek

Re: Re: Re: Think GOA suck? Or hate em? Think the service sucks?

Originally posted by old.Xanthian

and sadly all of hibernia has to suffer your sad rantings..so how about you stfu..stop whining...and play.

T

Talifer

Here's a better example, you've been with this ISP for 2 years and over those 2 years you've built a really neat web site, lots of funky graphics and fancy DHTML, nice forum with a MySQL database etc etc... Now the ISP has turned out to be garbage and you can no longer access your pages. Do you still say I'm not paying for this and quit, knowing full well you'll lose your entire web site?

It's not quite as simple as a service, people have already invested time into this game. If you could transfer your accounts from Europe to the US I'm quite sure the GOA servers would be ghost towns.

Talifer

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Talifer
If you could transfer your accounts from Europe to the US I'm quite sure the GOA servers would be ghost towns.

Talifer
If that was an option I would move to US servers like a shot. I only give GOA my money because I didn't know how second-rate they were when I started, and I now have a lot of time and efort invested into the Euro game and a lot of friemds on the servers.

If there were 2 DAOC providers in Europe GOA would be minus most of us pretty damn fast.

S

specialdave

Past caring, but one to consider:

What if the provider of your service has a monopoly (which aside from moving to the US servers and dealing with the time differences, etc .. GOA have), then what do you do when you get a bad service?

You want to use the product or service, but have no other way to get access to it without suffering poor service, so your only action is to complain.

Just my 2 cents

(but yes the threads which just say '£$"£$*( %£"&$ GOA ARE £"$£"$ can get a bit annoying!)

L

-Lonewolf-

Don't pay em shit anymore play on american servers 1000 times better

C

Coim-

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Don't pay em shit anymore play on american servers 1000 times better
And to think...there was someone who wanted to move from american servers to the EU ones...:ROFLMAO:

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Coim-
And to think...there was someone who wanted to move from american servers to the EU ones...:ROFLMAO:

yer :(

H

heilel

I have stopped playing DAOC actually.
I still post here occasionally, as I'm interested when things will finally be sorted out.
But sooner or later, due to not playing anymore, my interest in posting here will wane and I'll just end up deleting the link to BW.

O

old.Ramas

What hrun said imo.

It's a good game, and one I'm surprised no-one has really copied in respect of the split rvr/pve concept.

US servers don't work for EU players due to timezones.

There are no servers in this timezone managed by anyone other than GOA.

GOAs service is poor, but happily for them Mythic's game carries them through.

On the upside GOA's implementation is slightly cheaper than Mythic's (depsite Mythic being cheap compared to other MMORPGs). Which I can only assume is what results in no /appeal; slow rightnow response; remarkably slow patch translation; and a website & account system that looks like it was designed by a 12 year old.

Ho hum.

Personally I'd happily pay slightly higher subscription if /appeal worked as per every other MMORPG, patch translation took significantly less than 4-5 months, and the account and chronicles sites were basically functional (let alone as good as the Mythic equivalents).

But I suspect some other players must prefer the on-the-cheap approach.

/shrug

I'd also point out that since the price increase there is *much* less difference between US and EU pricing, so the cost excuse is much less valid today than it was 6 months ago.

S

sorusi

us work pretty well :p

i got bored of goa haveing same ping or worse than to us servers - no test server, no heald (its obiously not updateing now either).. so if you can be arsed to level again, its worth leaveing goa and starting on the us servers

S

spankya

Originally posted by old.Ramas

Personally I'd happily pay slightly higher subscription if /appeal worked as per every other MMORPG, patch translation took significantly less than 4-5 months, and the account and chronicles sites were basically functional (let alone as good as the Mythic equivalents).

I agree with you there, I'd happily pay an extra £1 or something per month if it meant a better quality service. 50000 subscriptions, so an extra £50000 a month... surely they could get another few staff members or something if they did that. Even anextra 50p a month would give them £25000 a month extra which is fek all to us.

Just think... GOA get about £4.4million every year from subscribers... surely they could sort a decent service out :(

E

Erethan

GOA does not suck! The GAME itself sucks! DAoC have become a uber spellcrafting and powerleveling shitgame. There is no point playing the game, you can have as much fun with a gameboy as you can have with todays camelot. This was once a very good, actually one of the best fantasy online games, but look at it now........
/cry

H

Hrogar

I totally agree with Talifer... sure, people are pissed at not getting to play, and what's the normal reaction to that kinduv thing? Letting off steam... now experienced computerpersons (which I presume most daocers are) don't use their fists on the ol' comp, and instead end up at a forum, expressing an opinion.
Mind you this is a very addictive game (like any other MMORPG), thus an absence from this ever evolving universe one has put so much effort in to build is... well, really bad.
Of course it's not much fun reading thread number 1203482890 about how much GOA sucks, but it's a common reaction. And in the end we come to the eternal question; is it whining to whine about whiners? Just gave ya a hard nut to crack, eh? :lol:
The most I've ever been away from Daoc before the crash was 5 days. As of tomorrow it's 18 days since I've played, and after checking forums each day and sending them pleading and polite e-mails (twice) I've had no response. I pity everyone who's in the same position, it is rather annoying.
Picture an equal situation in real life. A smoker goes to the store (as usual) one day, only to find the storekeeper is gone and has left no explanation. As this is the only store in town it's quite a problem for the smoker. Neighbours only know rumors about a flying griffon, and saddened the smoker returns home. Day after day he returns to the store, each time getting more and more desperate after a smoke. After a few weeks some notes appear saying the storekeeper might be back soon, and that he'll give the smoker a call when he's back. Days go past, and after yet one more week the smoker leaves a note for the storekeeper. No response. Days go by, and there's a new note in the store, saying the storekeeper will definately be back this week. The week comes and goes, and still no shopkeeper. The smoker leaves yet another note asking when the shopkeeper will be back, and so it goes on and on and on...
Yes, it's far fetched and yes, I have to much sparetime :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom