3) Visit Machu Pichu
4) Visit Niagara Falls
5) Form a family
6) See Earth from space
7) Kill DAOC Final Mob :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bahumat said:
I had trouble thinking on this one, at the moment its to see a cure for Diabetes readily available for all just before i die.

Agree.

I'd like to see groundbreaking advances into beating cancer. Some drug. Or a form of treatment that is as effective as radio / chaemotherapy but not a destructive on healthy cells and tissues.

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
walk on stage at the new wembly and yell out them words

"HELLO WEMBLY!!!! ROCK AND ROLL"
but tbh it need building first could be some time on that.

alos lamp the scuber diving class but clear water dont try Blackpool :eek7:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Thorondorito said:
7) Kill DAOC Final Mob :p

What one ?
The last mob before they pull the servers ?

Me, I'd sooner be the one to take Behemoth out. Although apparently he's impossible to kill. You can't kill it full stop. Be nice to though, wouldn't it ? :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
Agree.

I'd like to see groundbreaking advances into beating cancer. Some drug. Or a form of treatment that is as effective as radio / chaemotherapy but not a destructive on healthy cells and tissues.

When your growing from creation there is something that starts to build your body, we have 1 (cant remember name but its a cell of some form), things such as some lizards and starfish can re-create these special cells when they lose a limb, it knows exactly what to start creating to rebuild the loss.

The idea doctors had was to use these cells to kick start our Pancreas.

I used to spend alot of time when i was young thinking "oh wow they say they have a cure expected in 3 years" then i'd wait years to find out it was just another failed test. What they said about these cells was promising but i've had the whole "there's hope" then get dissapointed soon after hence why i dont know much about these Cells.

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Lamp said:
What one ?
The last mob before they pull the servers ?

Me, I'd sooner be the one to take Behemoth out. Although apparently he's impossible to kill. You can't kill it full stop. Be nice to though, wouldn't it ? :)

With my help sure you can ;)

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Bahumat said:
When your growing from creation there is something that starts to build your body, we have 1 (cant remember name but its a cell of some form), things such as some lizards and starfish can re-create these special cells when they lose a limb, it knows exactly what to start creating to rebuild the loss.

I used to spend alot of time when i was young thinking "oh wow they say they have a cure expected in 3 years" then i'd wait years to find out it was just another failed test. What they said about these cells was promising but i've had the whole "there's hope" then get dissapointed soon after hence why i dont know much about these Cells.

Which is why we should support anything and anyone who in turn supports stem cell research because that's what they're trying to discover/perfect.

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Bahumat said:

Im pretty sure in about 200-300 years cancer will be cured like it happened centuries ago with a simple flu.

Bad luck we all wont be there, but at least our descendants will.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Almost forgot.

I'd like to see Victoria Beckham fall over in front of the world's media on a giant cow pat, with her skirt torn to reveal no panties and her tits falling out showing the permanent felt tip pen marks the plastic surgeon made earlier in the day.

Hehe

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Lamp said:
Almost forgot.

I'd like to see Victoria Beckham fall over in front of the world's media on a giant cow pat, with her skirt torn to reveal no panties and her tits falling out showing the permanent felt tip pen marks the plastic surgeon made earlier in the day.

Hehe

lol, I want to see it too :flame:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Cadiva said:
Which is why we should support anything and anyone who in turn supports stem cell research because that's what they're trying to discover/perfect.

Im not sure if your Diabetic or not but this is what happend for me over the years,

Doctor:- "hey yan, you've had diabete's for a while now but some random german dude has this kind of asthma pump which makes insulin dosage easier" or "this random chinese dude is working on a cure"

Having Diabete's sucks big time, being told there may be a cure when your a kid and then being told it never worked out raises and then demolishes your hopes.
Im not saying i wont support anything, but im not following with any hope cause i've only been let down with it all.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
oo i missed out the massacre of the british monarchy and pope

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
Im not sure if your Diabetic or not but this is what happend for me over the years,

Doctor:- "hey yan, you've had diabete's for a while now but some random german dude has this kind of asthma pump which makes insulin dosage easier" or "this random chinese dude is working on a cure"

Having Diabete's sucks big time, being told there may be a cure when your a kid and then being told it never worked out raises and then demolishes your hopes.
Im not saying i wont support anything, but im not following with any hope cause i've only been let down with it all.

What type of diabetes you got?

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Bahumat said:

Yeah I can definitely understand that, when you're a child you don't understand the difficulties or obstacles just that someone has said they might be able to help.

I don't think they've specifically looked at diabetes with stem cell research. It's mostly being researched to help people who are paralysed or have some sort of spinal injury (like the actor Christopher Reeve, who was a great supporter of it).

As far as I understand it, it's to do with the cells in your stem cell (the thing that runs down inside your spine) being able to regenerate. The idea is they can help people who have been paralysed by using new cells to regenerate.
I suspect they think if they can discover which cell it is that naturally regenerates, like you mentioned in starfish and other creatures, they can try and stimulate it to the do the same in the human body.

My own opinion is they should be allowed to research anything that might, at some point in the future, help humankind.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Whatever god/entity made all this.

Just so i can ask for a go at it.

You mean you want to ask Deebs for a go of FH?

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
Type 1, where i need injections :(
:(
:puke:
my old IT teacher has diabetes, i went to do some extra work at lunch time in year 11, and he went to inject himself, and i woke up on a bed 30mins later EUGHHHH
couldn't ever inject myself, i envy diabetics, tough life

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Mikah75 said:
my old IT teacher has diabetes, i went to do some extra work at lunch time in year 11, and he went to inject himself, and i woke up on a bed 30mins later EUGHHHH

We do get +50% thrust resists from all the needles haha!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I want to at some point in my life, know something so vast that if I were to ever tell anyone what it is, I'd have to kill them shortly after :p

Maybe I'm in the wrong line of business and should go into national security or something ;)

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
I want to at some point in my life, know something so vast that if I were to ever tell anyone what it is, I'd have to kill them shortly after :p

Your Daoc account details? :p

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm something I'd want to see before I die...

How about my other half seeing a shop with a sale on and not having to go inside and buy 3 tonnes of crap we don't need...

Or even better, seeing her admit she was wrong... That's what I want to see before I die!!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Dakkath said:
Or even better, seeing her admit she was wrong... That's what I want to see before I die!!!

Will never happen. Three rules in life are carved in stone

(1) Women never admit they made a mistake
(2) Men are supposed to know all the rules before women make them up
(3) The rules can change at any time with no notice so you'd better fucking pay attention !

The fairer sex ? Pah ! Since when has sex ever been fair ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Mikah75 said:

I could say bullshit.

It's not tough at all, if you don't let it live your life.

Bahumat, you really need to learn to live your life with diabetes on the side, not with it being a burden. I know exactly how you feel, but once you realise that it's not that strictive and life forcing, it's smooth riding.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
I've seen enough to know that there is only one thing left worth to see - the destruction of humankind :cool:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
I could say bullshit.

It's not tough at all, if you don't let it live your life.

Bahumat, you really need to learn to live your life with diabetes on the side, not with it being a burden. I know exactly how you feel, but once you realise that it's not that strictive and life forcing, it's smooth riding.

I never said it was strictive or life forcing.

I've had it since i was 7 and im 23 now so i think im aware of how to live my life with it.

When i wake up i dont go "oh ffs gotta do my injection" or "grrr cant eat that bit of cake".

The whole point i made earlier is i dont get excited when i hear talk about cures because you only build yourself up to get knocked down. Yeah maybe one day there will be a cure but im just getting on with life.

The "sucks bigtime" was more aimed at when i was young and led to believe about all these possible cures, i've learnt not to put all my hope into it because liek mentioned i was always dissapointed when i found out there was no joy in their cure's.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
26, had it since i was 5, three shots a day. Know it ;)

Cures are on their way, it's a fact and not a false hope. All the "miracle" cures are NOT a reality though. The only real cure for it is a pancreas transplant, but that's so expensive and the % of successful adaptation to the body is so low that it's not even a real option.

But things are going rapidly, if you look at the mortality rates alone. WE've come a long way and with the medical science going forth like a freightrain, i wouldn't be suprised if in a few years even type 1 could be as simple as taking a pill in the morning.

Until then, :drink: :drink: :drink:

S

Shatari

Thanks to my father, I've already seen most of the things, I want to see.

But,

when I grow old, I will take a last look at my children and grandchildren, (I assume I'll have when I get old) say goodbye, and keep them as a last happy memory.

When number 1 is done and my miss (when I find her) is dead by age, then I will take off to a place with mountains where nature remains untouched by human hands, and has alot of wildlife. I will at that time take a last look out and enjoy the beautiful overview, and then take my own life.
Why? Because when I'm at that age, where I've got both children and grandchildren and can look back at a happy life, where I got nothing to be ashamed of, then can there be a happier ending than this?

of course number two will only be doable, if my miss has left the world before me, or if I'm alone at that time for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom