Crap Thieving Scouse Bastards :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Ooooh. Cool. Ta :)

I could stretch, at the absolute outside, to a grand (£1500 all-in). Had a look at this - which bike radar'd had built for the review but it's way out of the price range unfortunately :(

I'm guessing the most important things are wheels n gears - good gearing for the long-distance riding I do most and solid wheels. But WTF do I know :(

you'd be surprised. saddles are fairly important as well, also some fairly decent kit to hold on to. Like I said, 100...maybe 200 less, in a pinch.

This is what I selected:

chain reaction cycles said:
Manitou Tower Expert Forks 29" 2013
100mm - Black - Disc Only
Remove£280.41

Mavic C29max 29er Disc Front Wheel 2012
Black - QR or 15mm Axle
£214.97

Mavic C29max 29er Disc Rear Wheel 2012
£222.93

Schwalbe MTB Tube
28 x 1.90/2.35 Presta (SV19)
£15.54

Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance 29er Folding Tyre
29 x 2.25 - Black Folding
£50.86

Schwalbe Rim Tape
20mm - 700c Rims
In Stock
£4.14

Shimano SLX M675 Disc Brake
Rear - 1700mm Hose - LH Lever
£88.26

Shimano SLX M675 Disc Brake
Front - 1000mm Hose - RH Lever
£88.26

Shimano XT RT76 6-Bolt Disc Rotor
160mm
£51.88

FSA Pig Ball Bearing Headset
Black 1.1/8"
£22.84

ODI Rogue MTB Lock-On Bonus Pack
Black - Black
£22.32

Renthal FatBar Riser Bar
780mm - 20mm Rise - 31.8mm - Gold
£56.07

FSA SL-K Stem
90mm - 31.8mm - Black & Red Decal
£67.49

SDG Aliso Cro-Mo Saddle
Black/Black
£36.34

Thomson Elite InLine Seatpost
31.6mm 367mm BLACK
£61.26

Shimano SLX M660 9 Speed Triple MTB Chainset
170mm - 22.32.44t - 68/73mm
£114.24

Shimano XT M772 Shadow 9 Speed Rear Mech
SGS - Long Cage
£49.84

Shimano XT M771 Conventional 9sp Front Mech
31.8/34.9mm - 44-48t - Dual Pull
£29.06

Shimano SLX HG80 9 Speed MTB Cassette
Each - 11-34
£31.15

Shimano XT M770 9 Speed Trigger Shifter
LH Front
£46.72

Shimano XT M770 9 Speed Trigger Shifter
RH Rear Black
£46.72

DMR V8 Grease Port Flat Pedals
Pair - Diamond
£22.83

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Could save quite a lot on that load an still have a good spec tbh.

Deore crankset instead, slx shifters and mechs and no doubt could get a perfectly good wheel set on xt hubs and mavic rims for about half that, HG61 casseste instead of the HG80.

Also, 60 quid on a seatpost? foook off, get one from superstar components for 20 somethin.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Better buying a bike that's ready to go - building your own is good fun but always more expensive, especially as you don't have the several hundred pounds of tools you'd need.

TdC

there is that...headset press, etc. fair point Tom (I have a headset press. I also have chainwhips and other strangely named tools that only bike idiots have, like BMX crank pullers for 20mm through axles etc... oooh err matron!)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Headset press, pfft, block of wood + hammer.

TdC

hah that's my reserve press lol. there's another in the toolbox I made myself which is basically a loooooong bolt with two steel plates.
I also have the thingy used to remove the headset. It looks like a *really* hard core dildo I ...uh... imagine.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I also have to comment on this being of the northern part of Liverpool (Quite a few would say that I am not even Scouse)
Most of the Scouse 80's/90's archetype came from the outskirts of Liverpool city centre, nearest to me would be Bootle but that's not even real Scouse neither. Most of it is from Anfield and the further south. As for the Wirral? Lol! Plastic wanna be Scousers that in fact quite often give Scousers a bad name due to what ever, some times it's wannabe living up to that stereotype. I am sorry about your theft. But we are not all like what Harry Enfield and friends or what any other isolated incident happens to be associated with some dickhead from my city. Sorry bud.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As for the Wirral? Lol! Plastic wanna be Scousers
I'm unaware of being made of polycarbonate chains and I'm at best a "gives zero fucks if I am or not"-Scouser.

I'm certainly not "want to be".

we are not all like what Harry Enfield and friends
This is true.

But you shouldn't show such an alarming amount of under-confidence in where you're from by feeling you have to respond to jokes about the area or perpetuate the "lolz plastic scouser" mental illness that a lot of locals suffer from.

Why do you honestly give a fuck? - Not being nasty or anything but seriously want to know why? Who cares?

There's a shitload of people from the area who genuinely give a fuck about this sort of stuff. I just don't get why.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll tell you why

It's a fair point, but think of it this way: At least Enfield wrote a sketch about Scousers - you doity mancs don't even deserve that :p

:)

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
my Ti 456 is 16"

also, there's an air-sprung DT-Swiss XMC carbon/magnesuim 130mm fork attached to it. I may be tempted to part with both. Want pics?
What would you want for the frame? Is it a tapered head-tube? (got some dual air revelations 1-1/8 tube).

TdC

it's a 1-1/8th head tube. it's a mark I ti 456, so made by Lynskey, not the "Evo" by Van Nicolas. Atm, it's built up to look like this:
456_crappy.jpg

I'm thinking I will ask something like 400 pounds for the frame

TdC

boo I feel bad now :(

*cries*

*fondles bike*

*faps using own tears as lube*

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I'm unaware of being made of polycarbonate chains and I'm at best a "gives zero fucks if I am or not"-Scouser.

I'm certainly not "want to be".

This is true.

But you shouldn't show such an alarming amount of under-confidence in where you're from by feeling you have to respond to jokes about the area or perpetuate the "lolz plastic scouser" mental illness that a lot of locals suffer from.

Why do you honestly give a fuck? - Not being nasty or anything but seriously want to know why? Who cares?

There's a shitload of people from the area who genuinely give a fuck about this sort of stuff. I just don't get why.

Because of the crap stereotype that stemmed from the 80's that if you were Scouse, you were a thief etc. I used to see it alot away from home. And I do give a shit about my city and the people from it, I'd rather someone said fucking thief and that be the end of it rather than the Scouse tag associated with it, a thief is a thief no matter where they are from :)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
joking aside, there are parts of Limburg where you can actually climb for more than 5 minutes. truth!

Doesn't count if you're drunk and falling back 3 steps for every one you go up...

TdC

:eek:

also...Scouse: On-One sent out an email that they have a 29er Scandal XC bike for 799 squids. I had one of the original Scandal batch with a rigid carbon fork and it was easily my best mtb ever. A mate of mine owns it now, and he laughs at me every chance he gets :eek:

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I think the carbon 456 is much better looking...and £100 less brand new. Although I'm quite sceptical about carbon frames, I have no doubt they can handle stress, but what about impact? Can't help but think it would just shatter/get holes punched in it. Meh.

TdC

sure thing. I luuuuuve carbon, me. I'd say it's slightly more sexy than Ti and is only overcome by a really good steel frame. which is why I'm up for a nice steel frame really. I suppose I could drop to 300 with the Ti 456 frame if you promise to take good care of it. Also, we split postage then. Remember I'm in the NL :)

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Think I'm gonna stick with my rockhopper with the rev's set at 120mm an just save up for a beast bike......150-160mm jobby.....prob be a Canyon Nerve....maybe even the Strive.

TdC

fairy muff. I actually touched my 456 after half a year and it was teh sex so you're not having it :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Was going to nip to Hope in Derbyshire to visit 18 Bikes with a view to having a little blast on a demo Solaris this morning possibly followed by a long discussion over purchasing all the bits to get me one built.

The round trip from my temporary abode in Caldy is 140+ miles, however - and I'm in Bakewell next week anyway - which is a healthy 12 miles away, so I'm not going. :(

It's nothing to do with the 2 hours sleep. Nothing. I certainly wasn't looking at that parts list and trying to amend it until the early hours TdC. :eek:

*must shave money off*

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ive still got my viscount aerospace cyclocross bike..look up cyclocross its where all this mountain bike malarkey started...they were real men...suspension..thats for the girls...straight handebars? If your a ponce.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
like i said, scouse, can still have a good spec and save a lot, can get a damn good wheel set for half what teeds recomended, the deore hollowtech II crankset is half the price of the slx and you won't tell the difference, the hg61 cassette will save you a fiver atleast, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom