Thid mincer spec

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Im having tons of fun on my 24 daywalker mincer atm, but Im thinking of respeccing to stealth and see how that works. Has anyone tried stealth mincer in thid? What would be the spec?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
not sure but being thid the chances are your dd's will do more damage than your straight up melee hits so max out instruments I guess.

something along the lines of

24 instruments / 15 stealth / 8 thrust or slash - that will give you blue speed 20 second single target mezz and the best dd's possible in thid for a minstrel aswell as some melee capabilities.

or

23 instruments / 15 stealth / 10 thrust or slash - that will give you blue speed 17 second single target mezz and the best dd's for thid as a mincer.

its always flakey getting specs for low spec point classes prior to mini dings.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
23 instruments
18 weapon
4 stealth

Don't bother with it at all.. You will be seen from MILES away if you don't have 24 composite stealth and not just by other stealthers, but by everyone. With 15 stealth and +5 stealth skill you will end up at 20 and everyone will see you, so don't bother

With the spec I stated above you'll be able to take out pretty much everything and several at the same time. With this spec I took out a bard, mentalist and bm trio once.

ps. What's your minstrels name?

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Minstrel is Easydrums/ywain, he's sc'ed atm, but I'll get him proper templated at some point. If 15+5 stealth doesn't cut it, I dont think I'll bother at all. Right now I'm 24 instr rest slash and that works great.

Cheers

CorNokZ

Hmm.. I'd rather have 18 weapon over 3 secs of mezz, but each to their own

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
A little extra damage is nice, but without autotraining I only get 17 slash instead of 16. At least in http://daoc2.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Minstrel

Besides I figure 3 seconds is a long time in thid and I need all the time I can get alone with the bard/ench/rm/[insert "soft target"] before his zerker/vamp/bm/[insert nasty melee] friend starts ripping me a new one.

On another note, which pet do you favor? I tend to like the tomte soldier for decent dam and interrupt, but the visionary is pretty cool too and heals when you get low.

CorNokZ

Auto training doesn't work like back in the old days and that char builder is WAAAAY outdated. As you will notice maulers are not even on the lists of characters :)

These days the you can(in thid) spec 6 intruments without using any points. At level50 it's 12pts etc. Don't worry, you will have enough points for 23inst and 18 weapon ;)

As for pet, go for the visionary EVERY time! Annyoing as FUCK when the minstrel gets healed etc.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, is there an updated chart out there then? So if I respec instr I should have 6 inst? Or does it only work for newly rolled chars?

CorNokZ

You will have 1 in all your skills, but the first 6 "clicks" in instruments will be free and you will not spend any points in this

As for charlplan:

DAoC-TB

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Minstrel is Easydrums/ywain, he's sc'ed atm, but I'll get him proper templated at some point. If 15+5 stealth doesn't cut it, I dont think I'll bother at all. Right now I'm 24 instr rest slash and that works great.

Cheers

Stealth minstrels are imo pointless solo , in a duo with a good scout or inf sure but full ins rest melee is always a solo winner

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Stealth minstrels are imo pointless solo , in a duo with a good scout or inf sure but full ins rest melee is always a solo winner

I disagree in this :) Stealthers cant spec for that high mastery of stealth in thidranki, so because of that they can work out as stealthers in there aswell!

8 slash, 19 stealth, 21 instrument should be working too...
but will only run on 2nd speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom