Theurgist Template

Tilda

Golena said:
Pets work off your base powerpool not your total powerpool, so they have a fixed value based off your level and maybe the amount of int you put in at character creation I believe.

being a n00b theurg, I'll ask it, how does this translate into how worthy it is for a theurg who pets for interupts (ie, not a spirit nuker like staj) to get pp?

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Let me see if I get this right.

Let's say you have 100 power when fully buffed and with 0% power pool. Your pet would then cost 7 power every time you cast one.

Then, get 75% power pool. You would now have 175 power. And the pet would still cost 7 power since it is calculated off your base power pool.

Right?

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
got 35% power pool atm and mcl2 hardly ever run oop in fights will drop it to mcl1, even when i pet spam and nuke i still have loads of power.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
if ur a wizard wannabe who reluctantly pets i dont see why u need 45%pp? on a chanter sure, cos its a base nuke that eats power, your theurg is spec nuker tho and beyond that a spec nuker in a debuff grp where 2-3nukes should kill pretty much anything... power shouldn't ever be a problem and average (~25%) pow pool would be fine.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
40+ pp is definitely good to have, remade templates on my casters a while ago to have 44% and would never go back to 20-30

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
dont plan on running any mcl at all on my theurg. got 45% in template. Mordoms etc. You just have to get used on using powerpots at 90-95% power..

On enchanter I only have mcl1. which is enough taking into account how much more power an ench uses compared to a theurg

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Stallion said:
right about most things, althou I dont pet asmuch as you I belive. I would deffo go for higher duration if I was bigger part of the interrupting.

Will always run with a heretic (hi vf) along with either 2nd sorc or 2nd banelord. Basicly I will only pet if they cant do the job. If pets are needed I pet. Else I assist caba for spirit debuffs.

Pets dont work with powerpool the same as spec nukes hence they have a % value of your pp and not a fixed value.

Wrong about the last thing for sure: Pets take a fixed %, but its from base-powerpool. More powerpool = more pets.

If you aint petting much, you're there for damage, right ?

then:

Im pretty sure many will ask, WTH only +5 to specline... YES it does improve your damage, but before you say this, go ingame and test it and see how much it is. There has been a general view of this in our community that is missleading. Only ones that really benifit from having +11 skills are self debuff nukers, (See Enchanters,Cabalists and Runemaster).

Reza and me tested it, it was about .5% per spec-point, so you're giving up 3% damage. It aint all that much, but if you're there mostly for damage, giving up 3% seems rather odd.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Graendel said:
Let me see if I get this right.

Let's say you have 100 power when fully buffed and with 0% power pool. Your pet would then cost 7 power every time you cast one.

Then, get 75% power pool. You would now have 175 power. And the pet would still cost 7 power since it is calculated off your base power pool.

Right?

Spot on, except I think it's probably 8% not 7%?

For petting theurgs the more power pool you can eek into your template the better.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Wrong about the last thing for sure: Pets take a fixed %, but its from base-powerpool. More powerpool = more pets.

If you aint petting much, you're there for damage, right ?

then:

Reza and me tested it, it was about .5% per spec-point, so you're giving up 3% damage. It aint all that much, but if you're there mostly for damage, giving up 3% seems rather odd.

I stand corrected at the powerpool fact, althou that dosent shake the template at all. Actully it makes it stronger (then I tought). About beeing there for petting, sure I am! But my priority aint to pet til 1 + 1 members are semi disabled.

About the damage your talking about, basicly you are right if you plan on nuking at 50% resists targets without a debuff. And I dont really see why you would take that assumtion.

With 5 less wind, that would mean.. 2,5% less dmg? According to my tests I lose 8 dmg whatever resists I nuke on. Hence 2,5% less dmg is only around 320 dmg. (thats pretty high resists). On the otherhand, if you apply a spirit debuff (which is mainly when I nuke) (If I cant get an debuff its usaly cause the caba has problems, and you have to do other stuff then to nuke :m00: ) Anyway.. After debuff nukes are high around 6xx usaly, 7xx if their resists are wank. At 650 dmg 8 pts is 1,2%, at 750 its 1,06%.

Overcomable if you wanna raise more vital resists that actully matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom