Theurg spec!

Tilda

Hit me with suggestions!

I'm earth atm, thinking/tempted by ice though.
Stacking 5 or so ice pets on someone and them insta-dieing looks to be so fun!
I'd guess ice isn't the best for fgvfg though?

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
if you going rvr, i think air spec is the best, HELL high damage nukes and stun pets

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharaft said:
if you going rvr, i think air spec is the best, HELL high damage nukes and stun pets
and AoE mezz :clap:

Enz

Regular Freddie
45 Air (Highest DD)
25 Ice (Level 50 Ice Pets)
16 Earth (Leftovers)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
<summons Steve> Im sure he can help you out once he gets here. I dont have a clue about Theurgists :)

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
there is really only 2 specs for theurgs in RvR unless ur gonna go for some ubah wierd spec for a very off the chart group :p

anyways ..

45wind 21earth 21ice
or..
41ice 35earth

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
im trispecced on my thurg really like the mix its sumth like

35 earth great pets and yellow pbt
25 ice pets after this doesnt really get better kinda low aoe root sadly
33? wind for best pets and a ok aoe mezz

This specc is really nice for a pure petter.

Now if i were someday to respec out of this id prob take the nukers way with 45wind

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say that 45 wind is probably the most fun spec - if you want something that can add a bit to pve then you can put rest in earth for pbt. Personally I found that groups are so strong in pve these days I didn't need it so went to 21 ice 21 earth. It's handy to have the ice pets to interupt BG'd casters/support and the ice spec gives and aoe root which can be useful at times.

Damage cap on my nukes atm is 753 (with MoM4) and since Mids in particular run with very very low spirit resists it's not unusual to get crits up to 900+

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Hit me with suggestions!

My Theurgist is 45 Air, 25 Ice and 11 Earth. This gives you the 2nd best mez, best DD, 2 x Lvl 50 pets and a fairly decent Earth Pet.

The DD hits for a lot TBH, I've had awesome fun playing this spec :clap:

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
quick question about earth pets....
according to Here there is no differance between mighty earth elemental and earthlord, so what is the differance?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
There isn't a lot of difference.

Earth Lords run faster, so get to their target faster, and may do a tiny bit more damage.

Darzil

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
for pve is 48 earth viable? i'm thinking of making a purely specced raid theurg hence pve. 48 earth rest ice/air.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
for pve is 48 earth viable? i'm thinking of making a purely specced raid theurg hence pve. 48 earth rest ice/air.

Of course it is. Just spec 48 Earth and leave rest of your points alone. Check CMs for RoGs with high Power Pool and +Duration and you're away :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
45/21/21 is generally the best bet i reckon. my thid theurg is tri-spec and i love it but how it translates @50 i have no idea, having all 3 pet types lvl50, 2 forms of ae cc and 8s pbt gives you the potential to be a royal pain in the ass im sure :m00:

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Think I'm 43 Ice 32 Earth. Not really opted but works okay. Nukes are fairly hard, but are against a very common resist (unlike spirit-based Air nukes). The snare nuke is really nice for peeling in groups, but has pretty poor damage.

The Ice pets are awesome, although a little easy to get into 'melee mode' which makes them pretty much worthless. The ranged interrupts and snare, plus good damage (usually 100-150 per pet per nuke) make the pretty deadly.

With this spec, you also get 10s PBT and the first 60s duration level 50 earth pets. These will run down casters, but won't catch people on Speed 5/6. They do good damage and can take a bit of damage, but TWF3 will fook 'em over.

The Ice line has good CC with single-target and AOE roots.

Finally, you retain some usefulness in PvE, especially for MLs, Artis and other Epic-style encounters.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
45wind 21earth 21ice
or..
41ice 35earth
Agreed.

I've tried both plus a few others, I'd use the 41/35 if I played pure 8v8, but the 45/21/21 is very nearly as good for 8v8 and far better solo or in small groups which is why I prefer it for a mixed playstyle.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
back to the ice pets for a second, you can cast lvl 50 pets with lvl25 in ice, doesn't that in turn mean that they would resist more than the higher lvl ones?

Corran

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
back to the ice pets for a second, you can cast lvl 50 pets with lvl25 in ice, doesn't that in turn mean that they would resist more than the higher lvl ones?

Lvl 25 ice pets act the same as the highest level pets, reason being that previously that was the top ice pet available. They introduced better ice pets later on but the only change is about a 7% dmg difference (between 25ice and full ice) and a slightly better chance of the snare landing (not an issue as 8vs8 they will be root immune so snare immune)

45air, 25ice, rest earth.

Reason - top nuke and aoe mezz. 25ice pet is the first one to interupt every nuke below that it possible to cast through them. Takes about 3 lower pets to = 1 lvl25ice pet. Only interupt difference between top earth pet and lvl 12 is speed to get to target. All can be basically 1 shot by aoe no matter their con and any grey melee pet interupts constantly unlike nuke pets.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Lvl 25 ice pets act the same as the highest level pets, reason being that previously that was the top ice pet available. They introduced better ice pets later on but the only change is about a 7% dmg difference (between 25ice and full ice) and a slightly better chance of the snare landing (not an issue as 8vs8 they will be root immune so snare immune)

45air, 25ice, rest earth.

Reason - top nuke and aoe mezz. 25ice pet is the first one to interupt every nuke below that it possible to cast through them. Takes about 3 lower pets to = 1 lvl25ice pet. Only interupt difference between top earth pet and lvl 12 is speed to get to target. All can be basically 1 shot by aoe no matter their con and any grey melee pet interupts constantly unlike nuke pets.

amen, went 46 air 25 ice rest earth on my theurg.

46 air because i rather have the tiny dmg increase than some crappy asd I will prolly rarely ever use :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Arumos said:
amen, went 46 air 25 ice rest earth on my theurg.

46 air because i rather have the tiny dmg increase than some crappy asd I will prolly rarely ever use :)

Same, 46air here... ASD is used for one reason. Try for an insta interupt if the shit really hits the fan. Though I rarely actually use it, and for that reason i use the lowest level spell anyways :p

Think it ends up something like 46A, 25I, 13E. But hardly logged on lately so cant be sure if that is right

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
errr... whats asd?
theres no new spells at that spec:-/

Tilda

Konah said:
gives you the potential to be a royal pain in the ass im sure :m00:
You know I can be a royal pain the the arse anyway ;) :wub:

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Hit me with suggestions!

I wish 5 ice pets would instakill :(

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
If we skip the PvE part.

For RvR I dont see any other viable spec then 45 wind, 25 ice and rest earth.

45 Wind:

209 spec nuke which is on a resist not to many bother to get. Combined with caba spirit debuff I dont see any more powerfull damage combo in alb (taken utility of the two characters into account). Yellow ae mezz is nice but far from a big thing. Air pets. What can I say. 1 of the best things of the class.

Why 25 Ice you might ask. Well first off, green pets @ 18 ice are close to useless. Having faced it alot on enchanter, I can cast thru them close to 60%of the time. Low level pets that do 'cast' interrupts have a chance to interrupt (dosent neccecarily have to). While a blue icepet at 25 Ice is close to impossible to cast thru. Taking the damage difference into account, not bringing ice to 25 is a waste of points if anything lower.

16 Earth is enough. I never really use earthpets due to other pets beeing so much better. Ice pets interrupt faster, air pets disables the target so nicely.
Grey earth pets that last for 10 more secs that do 100% interrupt is okay, but not that big a diff.

Tilda

What if the chances of you getting wind debuff is slim to nil?

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
What if the chances of you getting wind debuff is slim to nil?

depends on the cabbie :>

Im 45 wind, 26 earth, 14 ice. Been that from the day I dinged 50 on Greenfingers down at Tweespot 2 in Lyonesse.

Im doing 300+ dmg on tanks, 500 on ppl that doesn't have spirit resist and 350-400'ish on healers/casters. If I get a 50% spirit debuff(lasts 15sec!) I do 700+ on ppl!!! But I don't think any cabbie with respect for themselves is 47 Spirit :(

Tilda, it all comes down to how you wanna play your theurg. Offensive(max n00kage), go 45 wind - defensive(petspamming) go 41 ice/35 earth. That's my advise :)

Prothoe

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
Grey earth pets that last for 10 more secs that do 100% interrupt is okay, but not that big a diff.

I am assuming you think earth pets lower than the lvl32 earth pet only last 30seconds because of the daoc.catacombs.com character builder?

ofc all earth pets are 60second duration (not including spell duration bonus).. the only difference with higher spec earths being faster movement speed and slightly more damage.

lvl12 earth pets are fine, but they cant reach a target that is running away on sprint speed (without bonus speed chant) unlike higher lvl earth pets.

char builder has been out of date for a long time, it can confuse alot of people new to their chosen class <grin>

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Prothoe said:
I am assuming you think earth pets lower than the lvl32 earth pet only last 30seconds because of the daoc.catacombs.com character builder?

ofc all earth pets are 60second duration (not including spell duration bonus).. the only difference with higher spec earths being faster movement speed and slightly more damage.

lvl12 earth pets are fine, but they cant reach a target that is running away on sprint speed (without bonus speed chant) unlike higher lvl earth pets.

char builder has been out of date for a long time, it can confuse alot of people new to their chosen class <grin>

heh.. your right about that. Dont know but I sat down comparing them with the catacombs char builder. Always known the 60 s duration, somehow that one slipped thru.

The movement boost of the pets is not something I'd sacrifice blue icepets for. Their nice for pve but imo abit shit for rvr.

but then again if you wanna be a pet spammer, for sure there are some other specs that might be good. But theurgs lost that role way back in OF. Today you have tics, tanks, you name it to sort that out. You didnt back then. Think its strange ppl stil look at theurgs like that today, when its a complete new situation. (new as in ToA)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom