Theurg spec!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
What if the chances of you getting wind debuff is slim to nil?

well if thats the case usaly you have other things to do then to nuke? :m00:

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
There is a much bigger difference between the grey and green earthpets than some people make out, the reason being that grey earth pets can't keep up with sprint whereas green can outrun it, the implications of this are obvious. That's why I prefer 45/21/21 to 45/25/x, I know that green ice pets won't interrupt 100% of their casts but they seem to interrupt enough to make most people run away or MOC, and certainly more than some are suggesting, I'll test it against my bot later.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
The AOE root in ice line is awesome for a kiting group.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Void959 said:
There is a much bigger difference between the grey and green earthpets than some people make out, the reason being that grey earth pets can't keep up with sprint whereas green can outrun it, the implications of this are obvious. That's why I prefer 45/21/21 to 45/25/x, I know that green ice pets won't interrupt 100% of their casts but they seem to interrupt enough to make most people run away or MOC, and certainly more than some are suggesting, I'll test it against my bot later.

Better to test against a fully toa'd caster... just watch someone with 380+dex and 10% cast speed laugh them off.

And simple thing to remember... though earthpet may not catch up with someone sprinting, if they are indeed sprinting they are not casting spells = interupted from doing their duty. If they stop to cast then the pet is upon them and thus they are then interupted by that. If you mix ice/air/earth pets then the pet snare/stun = earth pet gets into melee range anyways.

As for the AOE root... well thats what the sorc is for (alot time run with 2 anyways). And if shit really hits the fan i just single target root tanks on the group. Normally only a couple tanks, and also means can just root the one i dont want to nuke.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Earth pets always last 60 seconds. The chances of a low level earth pet being allowed to live for 60 seconds in rvr is slim to none however so it's really all rather academic.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Better to test against a fully toa'd caster... just watch someone with 380+dex and 10% cast speed laugh them off.

And simple thing to remember... though earthpet may not catch up with someone sprinting, if they are indeed sprinting they are not casting spells = interupted from doing their duty. If they stop to cast then the pet is upon them and thus they are then interupted by that. If you mix ice/air/earth pets then the pet snare/stun = earth pet gets into melee range anyways.

As for the AOE root... well thats what the sorc is for (alot time run with 2 anyways). And if shit really hits the fan i just single target root tanks on the group. Normally only a couple tanks, and also means can just root the one i dont want to nuke.

No the AOE root is the nuts, im being serious here as you probably know how nasty druid aoe roots can be for interupt an supression.

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
Prothoe said:
I am assuming you think earth pets lower than the lvl32 earth pet only last 30seconds because of the daoc.catacombs.com character builder?

ofc all earth pets are 60second duration (not including spell duration bonus).. the only difference with higher spec earths being faster movement speed and slightly more damage.

lvl12 earth pets are fine, but they cant reach a target that is running away on sprint speed (without bonus speed chant) unlike higher lvl earth pets.

char builder has been out of date for a long time, it can confuse alot of people new to their chosen class <grin>

gtfo here and come to L][ ^^

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
Well im known inguild as Xroo 'Respec' Mooman.....

-: AoE Spam Root
-: Ice all tanks/casters
-: Earth all Support/Casters

RA's - Power Based / Baod3 / Moc3... Beers for the BG'er

-: Nuke
-: Green earth pet
-: Mix it up with some ice pets, just to hide in them

RA's - Moc3 / Baod3 / Dex Based

I love earth pets, I dont care if people like **** say, oh yeah I can one shot them with an AoE, you simply recast and you keep casting the pets, if your in a good group, the pets are the most annoying thing in game, and if your BG'er and with RAS you can unload hundreds of pets....

The problem I see with albion, is all these wannbe wizards rolling Theurgists and never getting one pet off.... its sad to see, and Albion groups improve 50% when you fire some pets off

we never optimise l33t groups, so I could only imagine the damage I would do if a well opted group of regular players, but nothing beats our TS server and spanking Lookdaddy or Jacob(Kithana)... or listening to Tinyging have a heart attack, mid fight

I dont think im the best theurgist, but these days, im the only sod who pets...

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Amaru-Synergy said:

I love earth pets, I dont care if people like **** say, oh yeah I can one shot them with an AoE, you simply recast and you keep casting the pets, if your in a good group, the pets are the most annoying thing in game, and if your BG'er and with RAS you can unload hundreds of pets....

The problem I see with albion, is all these wannbe wizards rolling Theurgists and never getting one pet off.... its sad to see, and Albion groups improve 50% when you fire some pets off

we never optimise l33t groups, so I could only imagine the damage I would do if a well opted group of regular players, but nothing beats our TS server and spanking Lookdaddy or Jacob(Kithana)... or listening to Tinyging have a heart attack, mid fight

You forgot to say I r0x your b0x!

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
Jarahl said:
You forgot to say I r0x your b0x!

oh and kithana is the 2nd best cleric in the world...

ofc the #1 is ashy pants... i would turn gay for this man

- if ashy doesnt return, you win by default jacob :flame:

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
my 2 cents:

Most of the decent groups we fight don't let pets bang on their support for a full minute regardless, or even half a minute.
the pets usually die after 20-30 secs...in hib group quite instant when they have a bainsh.

the base dd will be useless since every char in rvr has max´d cold resist. sure, i will have ice pets will do a bit more dam and i have blue-con earth pets which could interrupt(if not killed) for 1 min. but the group would loose a heavy nuker, since i nuke currently much higher than 400. beside the cabby, the two mercs would be dealing damage...as long they don´t get grappeld, zephyred etc.

don´t you think that green-con earth pets couldn´t not do the job, too? they are still quite fast at the enemy support. moreover, lvl 32 earth pets have 280 hp, which get inst killed by twf. air pets have 800hp and aren´t stopped by bg or twf. sure, they only last 20 secs though.

I'd take the pet stuns (which will make clearing them harder), the nuke, and the extra mez(ok, mezz isn´t that important) over the pet speed in most situations if that's the case. Particulary with regards to how easy Earth pets are to kill by AE'ers...

on the other hand, earth pets are great on those groups, who don´t know how to cope with them.

some more info about the pets:
Lvl 32 Air Pet HP: 800~
Lvl 25 Ice Pet HP: 520~
Lvl 12 Earth Pet HP: 180~
Lvl 32 Earth Pet HP: 280~

Earth Pet Swing Speed: Approx 5.8-6s (Interrupts 2 Cycles per Swing)
Air Pet Swing Speed: Approx 2.2s (Interrupts 1 Cycle per Swing)
Ice Pet Cast Rate: Approx 2.4s (Interrupts 1 Cycle per Nuke)

It would take a light eld about 2-3 PBAEs to clear Air pets, Enchanter 1-3, Runies 2-4 AE nukes or 1-2 ST nukes.
Most of the competent groups have usually cleared Theurg pets in under 20s, thus the value of the pets is not really the time they spend interrupting a target but the time they force the enemy group to spend in clearing them. Air pets take longer to clear.

that´s it so far

Ilur-OOM

Loyal Freddie
when playing a bainshee the most annoying pets were ice pets imo... this is when playing against a decent alb group, 2 or 3 ice pets and you cant do anything.

the problem with both earth and wind pets is that these ones are near the enemy so easier to get a round of pbaoe (chanter/eld/bain) or easier for the support to run to a aoer. The wind pets though have a good thing (the stun) if you manage to cast a few pets on someone they will be almost constantly stuned and then not able to run to the aoer or kite the pets at all.
though and considering the amount of damage the ice pets do and that they nuke from distance i have to say that the best pets are the ice ones.

Now it all comes to a point where it is the persons choice if he is going to play more defensive and pet spam or if he wants to nuke (though if a theurg only nukes a spirit cabalist or a body sorc would be more usefull imo).

edit: the 2 most used specs on those 2 cases have been discussed already!

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Amaru-Synergy said:

Hmm, If your up against a good group, Your pets wont last 2 seconds in most cases..

Just rolled a theurg and really like playing a more interupt type caster who has dps when needed ;d

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Hmm, If your up against a good group, Your pets wont last 2 seconds in most cases..

Just rolled a theurg and really like playing a more interupt type caster who has dps when needed ;d

if we play a decent group, we are dead before i can pet.... if im alive, its always a chance of winning... as pets > annoying interrupts

unless I see shivae and then i go into hug and kiss mode, and forget to pet

cutest norselady

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom